LeBron's late rally leads Cavs to win

LeBron's late rally leads Cavs to win

There are 10 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jan 3, 2008, titled LeBron's late rally leads Cavs to win. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

CLEVELAND: The NBA's marketing campaign for this season revolves around amazing moments that happen in the league nearly on a daily basis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Paul H

Mansfield, OH

#1 Jan 3, 2008
I haven't watched the Cavs for a while. I have read Brians review of the games. I am thankful for your honesty, Brian, in what you write about the Cavs.... You are not a homer who just looks for the good in the team and leaves all the bad locked up behind closed doors.
So many teams in the East have some really good players on them. I keep watching as these young teams keep adding good solid spot players and the Cavs keep on attempting to make a sows ear into a silk purse. I do find this incrediable that these players can change teams and the Cavs don't want any of them.... especially.... expiring contracts.... Oh well... they don't pay me to run the team,so I will just spot watch from time to time and remind myself that it is a long season and that LB is really all Cleveland is going to have because we just can't get any talent to want to come to Cleveland, I guess.
OMG

Canton, OH

#2 Jan 3, 2008
Nice win Cavs. The Defense and Larry Hughes [Mr. Inconsistancy] showed up to play.
Cavalier Traveler

Wooster, OH

#3 Jan 3, 2008
The story title is wrong. LeBron rallying, scoring, and leading isn't news. Larry Hughes ceasing to whine, playing the role given to him by the coach, shooting and actually seeing the big round thing go through the netting, THAT'S news! Hughes says it's time for the Cavs to put together a run. LeBron isn't the key, he shows up every game. The man is a freak of nature (look at that physique! It's like he was sculpted out of oak). It's the backcourt that Brian recently called out as disgraceful. If Sacha and Hughes are ready to play like they deserve the money and the starts and Boobie, bless him, continues to accept his role and comes off the bench with energy and focus, then maybe this team can do something. The Pistons just won 10 straight. The good teams in the East aren't waiting for the Cavs to improve. The Wine & Gold are going to have to get tough and much much better—NOW!
nick

New York, NY

#5 Jan 3, 2008
OMG wrote:
Nice win Cavs. The Defense and Larry Hughes [Mr. Inconsistancy] showed up to play.
actually larry has been very consistent , it's just for the worse
brayden

Australia

#6 Jan 3, 2008
lebrons incredable. simple that what he does is rest in the 1st half then kills in the 2nd i think aim around 10-15 points and then do your killing lebron not 4 around 10-15
Steve

Monson, MA

#7 Jan 4, 2008
The team is so much better with Gibson/Hughes backcourt in the lineup with our frontcourt.

Gibson should be our starting PG, and our starting 5 should ALWAYS be Gibson/Hughes/Lebron/Gooden/Bi g Z.
Steve

Monson, MA

#8 Jan 4, 2008
Boobie could be a young Bibby, he should be starting..... he has proven to be more of a playmaker than just a shooter and Lebron is the focal point and playmaker that is just as good as ANY PG in the league besides Nash when it comes to passing/vision/making plays and getting his teammates open shots (Which Boobie knocks down consistently, and boobie is clutch like Bibby)
Boobie isnt the greatest playmaker, he may only get 4 assists a game as your starting PG, but Bibby only gets 5...... Boobie is a good ballhandler, a smart player, a solid defender, a great shooter, can take it to the basket and penetrate, can make plays, get you into your offense, and is CLUTCH........ alongside Lebron he could be a very very good PG for this team (Think: Byron Scott next to Magic)....... he could give us MANY of the same things that Bibby could give us. Just alot younger and more inexperienced.
I dont know man, I think having him at PG would help out Larry Hughes alot as well. Boobie can set him up and let him play off the ball, let him just play his slashing game that made him so good in Washington....... but does Larry want it? Does he have heart? Was it just for that 1 contract year?(I hope thats not the case and he proves otherwise)........ because Larry can just play his game, put pressure on the defense, make plays, play great defense, and just SCORE. Take it to the rim and slash.... he wont have to be trying to run point but will still get the ball in his hands to make plays. That is where he could be rejuvenated back to the 20 ppg player that he was a short time ago, just have him play his game like he did BEFORE he came to cleveland.
Boobie could be the man to solve that problem, and really solve all of our PG problems. He should be starting.
Should just start the 5 best players.
Gibson, Hughes, Lebron, Gooden, Big Z
That is the best lineup there is allaround offense and defense.
Unless they make a trade for a real veteran point guard (Like Mike Bibby who would be the PERFECT man for the job with his shooting and clutch ability, plus his running the offense and playmaking combined with Lebrons playmaking)........
But yeah, no trade happened so that is the best starting lineup and once that is our starting lineup FINALLY we will get on a ROLL!!! Lebron, Hughes, Gibson, Big Z and Gooden (With Jones, Pavlovic, Varejao and Brown off the bench)....... thats where we get on a serious roll.(That should be the 5 man unit closing most games too with a possible Varejao replacing either Gooden or Big Z if theyre having a bad night and Varejao has a great game, or a Pavlovic replacing Hughes if he has a bad game while Pav plays good...... bulk should be closing lineup of Gibson/Hughes/Lebron/Gooden/Bi g Z and that should always be the starting lineup)
We should be running a bit too, with our athleticism 1 thru 4 positions and Lebron being the best open court player in the league (BAR NONE, Dwyane Wade is the only one even close) plus great shooter in Boobie as the trailer we should be getting easy baskets and running at the opportunity for fastbreaks.
We'll be ROLLING with that lineup, that is a stacked up lineup and could do great things on offense, and with our defense getting back to last years level we WILL win 50 games for the 3rd straight season and be right up there with Detroit Boston and Orlando.
Steve

Monson, MA

#9 Jan 4, 2008
And for those of you that dont believe in Boobie (Although the numbers speak for themself, as well as if you watch the games you can see how much better Hughes is and the backcourt is and the whole team is with Boobie at PG).......

Damon Jones did a great job as PG in Miami. If you dont think Gibson is the answer like I do for the starting PG role (Whole post I stated above)...

Than Damon Jones is the best answer we have, period. He doesnt turn the ball over, can shoot lights out, and is a solid playmaker (Lebron is the main playmaker and point of the offense anyways), it will also allow Larry to play his game and could serve us well on the fastbreak with Damons shooting as the trailer, and also spreading the floor in the halfcourt. Plus he will get us into our offense quickly and relieve playmaking duties of Lebron.

I personally think you start your 5 best players and that Boobie is better for ALL the things I stated than Damon Jones (And is a better defender), so my opinion is that this thing will definitely turn around if alongside of our great frontcourt we have Boobie/Hughes as our starting backcourt. Period.
Steve

Monson, MA

#10 Jan 4, 2008
And for those of you that dont believe in Boobie (Although the numbers speak for themself, as well as if you watch the games you can see how much better Hughes is and the backcourt is and the whole team is with Boobie at PG)....... Damon Jones did a great job as PG in Miami. If you dont think Gibson is the answer like I do for the starting PG role (Whole post I stated above)...
Than Damon Jones is the best answer we have, period. He doesnt turn the ball over, can shoot lights out, and is a solid playmaker (Lebron is the main playmaker and point of the offense anyways), it will also allow Larry to play his game and could serve us well on the fastbreak with Damons shooting as the trailer, and also spreading the floor in the halfcourt. Plus he will get us into our offense quickly and relieve playmaking duties of Lebron.
I personally think you start your 5 best players and that Boobie is better for ALL the things I stated than Damon Jones (And is a better defender), so my opinion is that this thing will definitely turn around if alongside of our great frontcourt we have Boobie/Hughes as our starting backcourt. Period.
brayden

Australia

#11 Jan 20, 2008
steve your exactley right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' (Jul '14) Jul '14 sam 3
News LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers (Jul '14) Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
News Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
News NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
News MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
News Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
News Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
More from around the web