LeBron's ankle still ailing

LeBron's ankle still ailing

There are 12 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Feb 1, 2008, titled LeBron's ankle still ailing. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

SEATTLE: Despite dealing with a stiff ankle, LeBron James was in an upbeat mood as the Cavaliers returned home from their weeklong West Coast trip after a loss to the Seattle SuperSonics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

trey

Williston, SC

#1 Feb 2, 2008
That's because it's a one man team Mike!
By the way Danny, nice move getting Paul Gasol!
rik3

Canton, OH

#2 Feb 2, 2008
it is time to blow up this team trade jones hughes sasha for someone who plays d and who can score take heat off lbj
jnp

Erie, PA

#3 Feb 2, 2008
I am not one to make trades for the sake of just making a trade, but the lack of Ferry doing anything has me worried. The situation that he is in, is in direct relationship to his own doing. He will likely have to be Hudini to pull something off, but he better, or the fans will eat him alive. Here's hoping for some form of a deal that will help this team out. Go Giant's -- only because I cannot stand the cheat "Belliache"
Fred

Nashua, NH

#5 Feb 2, 2008
cheap A$$es cheap A$$es cheap A$$es cheap A$$es cheap A$$es cheap A$$es all Cleveland sports management are cheap A$$es cheap A$$es cheap A$$es cheap A$$es even Danny Ferry who does not hold the purse and is in a cap-restrained league boy he sure is a cheap A$$es cheap A$$es cheap A$$es.

Moderator axe this cheap A$$ Grump please. And his queer pic.
RPB

Mckees Rocks, PA

#6 Feb 2, 2008
Thank you Fred,

I know OMG only posts to get a reaction from people, but it sure is getting old. Trade for Kidd? Dude, get over it, it a isn't gonna happen. The Cavs, as they are, have as good a shot as anyone to win the East and get back to the Finals. Then who knows? Have you been watching this year? Have you seen what Lebron has done lately? With him on the court, they always have a chance to win!

I too would like to see Ferry make some moves, but tearing the team apart, or making a move just to satisfy all of you idiots is the last thing he should do!

OMG, get some new material!

Since: Dec 07

United States

#7 Feb 2, 2008
This team, right now, is better than any team we've had since lebron started. And it's not simply because Lebron gets better every year.

Last check, OMG, Cavs had like the 4th highest payroll in the league. Please explain how that's cheap.
Deputy Dog

Van Wyck, SC

#8 Feb 2, 2008
Without LeBron on the floor the Cavs do not compete. The players do not and have not responded to Mike Brown all season. The Seattle game is just the latest example. They respond to LeBron. LeBron is in charge of this team and everyone knows it. Brown poses no threat to King James power like a Larry Brown of George Karl type would. That is the reason Danny Ferry was able to extend Brown’s contract with the King’s blessing. Mike Brown looks like the 2nd string QB on a football team standing on the sidelines with a clip broad in hand occasionally adding his opinion but when it comes down to it the 1st stringer, the King, makes the call. As crazy as this may be it seems to work for the Cavs as long as LeBron is able to play, but with the King wounded and out of the battle there is trouble. With all that being said Danny Ferry still does not have the right mix of players to put the Cavs over the top. They need another reliable scorer and a tough inside defender. And contrary to what Charles “The round mound of BS” Barkely says not any knuckle head can score, because if that were true me and OMG would be making millions of dollars right now playing in the NBA
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#9 Feb 2, 2008
HOT SEAT List

Does the Gasol trade put pressure on Danny Ferry? Together with the injuries and Donyell "Lame Duck" Marshall, Larry "2for12" Hughes signings of two years ago, you betcha.

1. Danny Ferry. It's hard to see what he has done that has made a difference.

2. Gilbert. To lux tax, or not to tax? That is the question. His legacy could go south, just like the sub-prime market, if LeBron goes east.

3. Derek Anderson. From dregs to Las Vegas Hot Shot. Pro bowl? Please.

4. Dolan. A 80 mil payroll isn't small. Signing CC will take guts. CC will likely be traded. Shapiro has mastered running the small market.
RoYourBoat

United States

#11 Feb 2, 2008
As in your previous article, Brian, the Cavs offense relies primarily on James creativity. That has created a situation where four players staand around and wait for one improvisor to create a play. When that is your basic offense, who on the team is prepared to function without the improvisor? Mike Brown and LeBron have created a real weakness. Brown needs to create an offense that doesn't rely almost solely on one person improvising a play. This situation has gotten worse each year.
John

Pembroke, MA

#12 Feb 2, 2008
Cavs can win the East again just because they have Lebron. They are so inept on offense without him. I do think they will end up with Andre Miller before the trade deadline, which will help take some of the load off Lebron. The Cavs have not had a better PG than Miller since he left.

I am not too bummed about Gasol, he is soft on D, the Cavs need more of defensive presence inside. AV is the only current Cavs big man who brings it on D, and unfortunately he is out until after All Star game.

Cavs should beat Clippers tonight even without Lebron, if not then there will be even more pressure on Ferry to get someone in here who can create offense for others and himself. Miller is the guy.
nick

Bronx, NY

#13 Feb 2, 2008
Old Man Grump wrote:
Cheap A$$ Ferry needs to get the Kidd trade done. A second superstar would sure help the Cavs about now.
kidd can't even help the nets right now . do cavs really need another high priced player who can't shoot and is on the downside of their career ? don't be fool from the early season triple doubles , j kidd is struggling this year and with him on the cavs , they will continue to struggle to find another scorer when the defense is locked in on lebron . cavs need a bonafide scorer/creator(2 guard) more than thay need jason kidd
nick

Bronx, NY

#14 Feb 2, 2008
RoYourBoat wrote:
As in your previous article, Brian, the Cavs offense relies primarily on James creativity. That has created a situation where four players staand around and wait for one improvisor to create a play. When that is your basic offense, who on the team is prepared to function without the improvisor? Mike Brown and LeBron have created a real weakness. Brown needs to create an offense that doesn't rely almost solely on one person improvising a play. This situation has gotten worse each year.
and that is one of the very reason i say mike brown is not a good head coach . sure there has been coaches in this league who are one dimensional ,where they can only coach offense , or they can only coach defense . but those coaches brought other intangibles ,like being great motivators , being able to command respect from not only rookies , but veterans , and also being able to coach different personalities . i do not see that from brown , i only see a guy who knows how to coach defense and that's it , everything from the offense end depends on one person and when that one person is out , the team looks absolutely lost . also , as great as lebron been , he stills needs to be coached , there is room for improvement , but i don't see mike brown coaching lebron .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' (Jul '14) Jul '14 sam 3
News LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers (Jul '14) Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
News Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
News NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
News MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
News Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
News Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
More from around the web