Ohio.com - Pavlovic ends holdout with Cavaliers

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

Just a day before the start of the regular season, the Cavaliers have come to agreement in principle on a new contract with Sasha Pavlovic, his agent Marc Cornstein said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
danmon55

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

get the animal in here!
TEMPLE-MAN

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

Good news. At least that stops some of the bleeding.

Very scary that Juwan Howard turned us down. Cleveland has to overpay for free agents to come here. Otherwise, they always go elsewhere when the dollars are even. That's how you wind up with Hughes, Marshall and Jones as your best signings. You'd think we could at least attract role-playing veterans (who can actually still play) but its not happening. LeBron, a conference title and a state-of-the art practice facility still amounts to lipstick on a pig when free agents are thinking about long cold Cleveland winters.
davemanddd

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

yeah i don't understand why juwan howard wouldn't want to come play here either. i would think he would get a lot more playing time here with the continuing soap opera/absence of varejao, whereas in dallas, what's he gonna do there, back up dirk novitzki??? which means he'll play maybe 6 to 8 minutes a night. big whoop. maybe he's just looking to pull a karl malone and gravy-train his way to a possible title. good luck on that idea, juwan. gee, didn't you're fellow "fab fiver" jalen rose fall into the same trap in phoenix last year??? ask him if he regrets that decision since he only made it off the bench for any sort of significant contributions about a half-dozen times all year. i just don't understand these players. they always claim they want to win a title and yet they still end up just chasing the money. who else do you think has a better chance to win a title, a team that bowed out early in the first round against the # 8 seed in the west, or the defending eastern conference champions who at least made it into the nba finals??? what a waste.
alan t

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

Yes, Pavlovic's 9 points, 2 rebounds and 1 1/2 assists per game would have been sorely missed. Thank goodness Ferry finally stepped up to the bargaining table and did exactly what he supposedly was not going to do. The man certainly puts the "cun" in cunning.
OMG

Hudson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

Signing Sasha is a good thing. Now when will they sign Anderson? He's a key piece of the backup coming off the bench energy needed at center/strong forward. Right now they have no one good that can come of the bench. You'll see it tonight when they lose their opener.

Cheap A$$es Ferry and Gilbert need to sign him now if the Cavs are to have any chance this season. Whatever happened to signing a point guard? Paying Snow $6.7 million for point is just dumb.
OldManTROLL

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

OMG wrote:
Signing Sasha is a good thing. Now when will they sign Anderson? He's a key piece of the backup coming off the bench energy needed at center/strong forward. Right now they have no one good that can come of the bench. You'll see it tonight when they lose their opener.
Cheap A$$es Ferry and Gilbert need to sign him now if the Cavs are to have any chance this season. Whatever happened to signing a point guard? Paying Snow $6.7 million for point is just dumb.
You are a stupid, f--king hypocrite. You are also the poster child for a front-running, bandwagon fan. You posted the COMPLETE OPPOSITE on Cleveland.com , you stupid troll.
Finished

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

Cheap owner?

All this talk about finally having an owner willing to spend has ended. Maybe it is the mortgage crisis, maybe he never was willing to spend enough to hurt profits.

When other owners had a chance to buy draft picks last draft, the Cavs with no picks sat quietly and let owners that were willing to spend buy them.

When Sasha and Andy wanted to get paid what they are worth we offered nothing until it was clear the team was in big trouble without them.

When Howard was available and filled a need, like every other time he picked a team willing to spend to win. Dallas has an owner that will do what it takes to win.

Other than winning the lottery to get James and then resigning him when James had little choice what has this Owner and his GM done?
rOGER

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

Just because Sasha's back doesn't mean anything for the Cavs, plain and simple. Their problem is OFFENSE. With or without Sasha/Andy, they will still be the same team. Boobie is the only highlight now as Lebron is on and off with his game [which is to be expected]. They need a low dominant post player who can get doubled team and then kick it out to either Sahsha, Lebron and or Boobie [maybe even Shannon brown]. I saw we picked up Nicholls whom the Knicks let go. I'm sure he can give us some good offense because if we don't have that, there is no way we can get back to where we were last season.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anderson Varejao Discussions

Search the Anderson Varejao Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' 11 hr Instigator 1
LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers 17 hr Janitor 1
Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••