Hughes, Wallace could be fair swap

INDEPENDENCE: Larry Hughes is expected to start for the Chicago Bulls at Quicken Loans Arena this afternoon, where there's a good chance he will be booed by a significant percentage of the expected sellout ... Full Story
L-Boogie

Grovetown, GA

#1 Mar 2, 2008
I am glad the Cavs have tried to improve with the rest of the league. Bot teams have improved form the trades Cleveland may have done better about put together a team.
L-Boogie

Grovetown, GA

#2 Mar 2, 2008
The trades that the Cavs have made puts them in the run for the eastern conf.finals. It should also give Lebron relief from having to do everything like last year.
Serb

Springfield, IL

#3 Mar 2, 2008
Ha ha....wait until you actually see Ben Wallace play for a while before you anoint him as your savior. As for the trade, yeah, it's fair. They both suck and are way overpaid.

“LeBron = Born-again Tribe Fan!”

Since: May 07

Tallmadge, Ohio

#4 Mar 2, 2008
Hey Serb. There's only one savior on Cleveland's basketball team, and his name certainly isn't Ben Wallace.

Chicago now has the NBA's master Brickologist at guard. The Bulls will at least be saving a few dollars every season... not having to replace the nets as frequently. Enjoy!
JNP

Erie, PA

#5 Mar 2, 2008
Here is what everyone keeps forgetting with the trade. The Cavs knew what they had with Hughes. It was no big surprise that they wanted to unload his contract and his sub-standard abilities. So to get anything in return that had the possibility of helping the team was a bonus. We all know that Ben will not be who he was in Detroit, but if he can be a solid defensive player at all, and add SOME toughness to a position on the team that was lacking any at all. Most of us will take it and be pleased. As for the offense that was lost, Szerbiak and Smith are far better than what Gooden was able to offer. We shall see how that pans out over the remainder of the schedule. The Cavs can score with anybody. It will be the defense that wins a championship and Wallace is at this point in his career is better than what "overrated" defenders Hughes and Gooden were. Looking forward to today's game. Go Cavs
another serb

Cleveland, OH

#7 Mar 2, 2008
hey serb, last time I checked no one in cleveland anointed wallace our savior. appearantly only people in chicago were dumb enough to do that. the cavs only want him to fit in as a defensive presence, block shots, get rebounds, you know, the stuff he is good at.
Jason

Akron, OH

#8 Mar 2, 2008
I'm going to the game today against the Bulls. Really hoping the Cavs fans keep their booing to a minimum for our former players (Hughes to be specific). Have some class people, as he was part of the team that won the Eastern Conference championship last year and deserves some respect for that. It's the closest this city has been to tasting a championship for a long while so don't forget it.
Ron Faieta

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Mar 2, 2008
Old Man Grump likes to smell Ben Wallace's jock strap, it reminds him of someone special in his life---Ben Toothlessbugger
Serb

Springfield, IL

#10 Mar 3, 2008
another serb wrote:
hey serb, last time I checked no one in cleveland anointed wallace our savior. appearantly only people in chicago were dumb enough to do that. the cavs only want him to fit in as a defensive presence, block shots, get rebounds, you know, the stuff he is good at.
I'm just saying be careful of what you get with Wallace. He was a cancer for the Bulls, and he has no leadership qualities whatsoever. Prior to this season the former coach of the Bulls, Scott Skiles, had a team meeting and asked who wished to be a captain. Wallace just sat there and didn't say a word.

When he first signed w/ the Bulls, fans thought his defensive tenacity was going to add a huge element to the team. He ended up being a huge weakness instead, due to inconsistent defensive play and total lack of any offensive skills. He's a crybaby and I'm glad as hell to see him gone. Drew Gooden? Shiiiiit, I'd have traded him to Cleveland for Drew Carey.
hdawg

Mamaroneck, NY

#11 Mar 3, 2008
So far we don't know if this trade will help Cleveland or not. I think it's funny people commenting on Larry Hughes 'horrible' game. He was the best player involved in this trade. He just didn't fit into Cleveland's system. For those on Wally's jock, don't forget there is an offensive end of the court and a defensive, Wally only plays offense. So far Cleveland hasn't beaten anybody with this trade that they wouldn't have beaten before the trade. I still say Boston/Detroit in the Conference finals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' Jul '14 sam 3
LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
More from around the web