Gibson, Cavs pleased with five-year deal

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

CLEVELAND:The Cavaliers signed restricted free-agent guard Daniel Gibson to a five-year contract today, securing the services of someone whom they view as integral to the team's future success.
Comments
81 - 92 of 92 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2008
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
King James

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Jul 21, 2008
 
Cavs_blow_hard wrote:
Looks like someone got pretty much destroyed in this thread.
Here is another clueless wonder...

He seems to of gone bye bye as well.

Since: Dec 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Jul 21, 2008
 
Buddy, I was only commenting on how Matt verbally overmatched you... not on the merit of what he was saying.

Like I said, if you can show me where I said those things... EVER... then I'll give you an apology. Go ahead, look at other threads too... I didn't agree with Matt, I just thought you were an a-hole and I was correct.
Bystander

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Jul 21, 2008
 
King James wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is another clueless wonder...
He seems to of gone bye bye as well.
i just read through some of these posts, and gotta tell you - right or wrong, you are pretty annoying...

LOL...
We must take action

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Jul 21, 2008
 
PDT1420 wrote:
Buddy, I was only commenting on how Matt verbally overmatched you... not on the merit of what he was saying.
Like I said, if you can show me where I said those things... EVER... then I'll give you an apology. Go ahead, look at other threads too... I didn't agree with Matt, I just thought you were an a-hole and I was correct.
Nice back track...
Some major politicians could really use a guy like you. Need a new line of work?

"verbally overmatched".... But you didnt agree with the "merit" of what he was saying...

Classic...

I got to give you an A for effort here.

Well... In the end you found out who was verbally overmatched didnt you.

Either way.... Pick the right horse next time.

Last but not least.
The A-hole thing...
The personal insult is the last recourse of an exhausted mind.

Have a nice day.
King James

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Jul 21, 2008
 
Bystander wrote:
<quoted text>
i just read through some of these posts, and gotta tell you - right or wrong, you are pretty annoying...
LOL...
I can agree with that.
King James

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Jul 21, 2008
 
Bystander wrote:
<quoted text>
i just read through some of these posts, and gotta tell you - right or wrong, you are pretty annoying...
LOL...
I would suggest you go back to page one...

They drew first blood.
Someting about un-educated...

Not that its an excuse for bad behavior...

But... Its why I started blasting.

I just simply gave my opinion with no insults, and look at what Matt came back with...

Anyway... I can be sad for sure.

Since: Dec 07

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Jul 21, 2008
 
We must take action wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice back track...
Some major politicians could really use a guy like you. Need a new line of work?
"verbally overmatched".... But you didnt agree with the "merit" of what he was saying...
Classic...
I got to give you an A for effort here.
Well... In the end you found out who was verbally overmatched didnt you.
Either way.... Pick the right horse next time.
Last but not least.
The A-hole thing...
The personal insult is the last recourse of an exhausted mind.
Have a nice day.
Anytime I sign on and see 4 replies, I can be sure that they're all from you and your manifestos. Get to the point.

Verbally Overmatched... merit... backtracking. I will do the opposite of backtrack, I will infact stand firm by what I originally said, that Matt pimp smacked you, evidenced by the fact that you've had to post 30 responses just to argue one thing he said.

Oh, and the verbal insult thing... you are exhuasting, and as others have noted, annoying to boot, but that wasn't me giving up, evidenced by the fact that the first thing I ever said to you was an insult. i.e. all I ever wanted to do was insult you, you ass.
King James

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Jul 21, 2008
 
PDT1420 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime I sign on and see 4 replies, I can be sure that they're all from you and your manifestos. Get to the point.
Verbally Overmatched... merit... backtracking. I will do the opposite of backtrack, I will infact stand firm by what I originally said, that Matt pimp smacked you, evidenced by the fact that you've had to post 30 responses just to argue one thing he said.
Oh, and the verbal insult thing... you are exhuasting, and as others have noted, annoying to boot, but that wasn't me giving up, evidenced by the fact that the first thing I ever said to you was an insult. i.e. all I ever wanted to do was insult you, you ass.
It didnt take 30 to prove my point.

It took 30 for you idiots to understand my point.
Wiiiiz

Reisterstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Jul 31, 2008
 
matt wrote:
Okay...last time King James...last time...
VC was traded for 2 number 1's and Zo (who they knew they would buy out b/c of his kidney thing), Eric Williams (who's deal expired the following year), and Aaron Williams (who's deal was expiring)...
Garnett was traded for Jefferson, they got they're OWN #1 pick back that they gave to Boston in the Davis-Szerbiak deal, Theo Ratliff's expiring contract, Telfair's expiring contract, Green's expiring contract, and a future number one pick...
Future number one? Hmm...the Cavs have a few of those....
For the Record...
Ferry has NOT YET traded a Cavalier number one pick...it was Jimmy Paxson who put us in that hole with stupid trades like the Jiri Welsch deal...so blame Paxson for the lack of picks, not ferry...
The summer of Allen, Redd, and Hughes...the difference between the 3? Allen and Redd could be offered the max deal by their home teams which were 20 million or so MORE than any other team could offer....you think they liked kicking it in Seattle or Milwaukee? Because those are two HOTBEDS of activity? no...they were where the money was....which is what Cleveland will be to LeBron in 2010...where the money is (and don't give me the endorsement line either...being in Cleveland hasn't stopped him from getting Vitamin Water, Powerade, Sprite, Fleer, Bubblicious, or that tiny, upstart shoe company called Nike, maybe you've heard of it)...
as for Hughe's no one was arguing at the time we signed him, he was tops in the leage in steals, defense, had a good handle and had a career high in scoring that year (22ppg) playing along side Arenas, Butler, and Jamison....that's tough to do...
Turns out he was a bust, these things happen it's part of the free agency world....
pundits were clamoring that his contract hampered the Cavs future, esp in the summer of 2010...well guess what Ferry's big blockbuster did....it brought back our financial flexibility while getting rid of a bust signing, and a locker room cancer.
Ben Wallace isn't what he used to be, but if you had to make a short list of guys you want guarding 'Sheed or Garnett in the playoffs, I would have to think he'd be on it somewhere, he's still a good defender and a good locker room presence. I agree he's well past his prime, but look at the positives, the cancer is gone, and we now have some Major cap relief coming sooner rather than later.
What Ferry did was keep the team at the same competitive level while improving the overall atmosphere in the clubhouse AND gaining the flexibility of the expiring deals...
As for the Boozer comparison? it just highlights how stupid you really are...
.
Last time I checked, Hughes didn't play with Butler. Butler was traded for that offseason.
Wiiiiz

Reisterstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Jul 31, 2008
 
And they also did not buy out Zo because of his Kidney. They bought him out because he refused to be traded there and was going to retire. If that occurred, the trade would have been dead. So they agreed to buy out his contract, making him go to the Heat.
Ghost of Akron Al

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Aug 12, 2008
 
King James wrote:
<quoted text>
Now your starting to get it....
Funny how Matt, and PMDT whatever dont seem to be around anymore...
I guess when you get abused as badly as they did they have no choice but to turn and run.
At least you stayed around.. Got to give you credit for that.
Remeber though... Like I said... We do have 1 other choice.
If we get Z to opt out of his contract next year that will free up 11.5 mill.
Now because Matt cant read he thinks I'm saying Z would get hosed in the deal and only be able to sign for 3 or 4 mill...
No. No. NO.
Ferry would make a back room agreement that the cavs will re-sign Z for the same amount (11.5 mill) if he opts out. Again we would do this because if Z opts out that frees up 11.5 mill more off the cap. Than after we sign a free agent with that money we can than go back and sign Z to a one year 11.5 mill deal.
You can go over the cap to sign Z if he opts out next year. But we cant go over if he takes his player option.
Now I understand this is kind of a long shot.
Like I said though. If Ferry has a good relationship with Z, and Z trusts the Cavs org. he might do it.
At the end of the day if the Cavs hold to their word Z would make the same amount of money.
When you're done patting yourself on the back for being able to look things up on the internet, wake up to the reality that the opt out thing you keep babbling about with Z would never work. First of all, a big chunk of good will is gone between Z and Ferry after the Cavs didn't let Z play for Lithuania in the Olympics. Ferry was right to do it, but it definitely damaged the relationship between Z and the club. Second, Z's next contract will be his last - he has to make the dollars count. Third, NBA teams aren't going to try to do this kind of backdoor deal anymore - did you notice how Elton Brand ended up with the Sixers?

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Aug 27, 2008
 
Ghost of Akron Al wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're done patting yourself on the back for being able to look things up on the internet, wake up to the reality that the opt out thing you keep babbling about with Z would never work. First of all, a big chunk of good will is gone between Z and Ferry after the Cavs didn't let Z play for Lithuania in the Olympics. Ferry was right to do it, but it definitely damaged the relationship between Z and the club. Second, Z's next contract will be his last - he has to make the dollars count. Third, NBA teams aren't going to try to do this kind of backdoor deal anymore - did you notice how Elton Brand ended up with the Sixers?
All I'm saying is be careful of what you predict.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' Jul 28 sam 3
LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers Jul 27 shenmengxing 2
Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1

Search the Anderson Varejao Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••