Bench often rescues Cavaliers

Bench often rescues Cavaliers

There are 16 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jan 10, 2008, titled Bench often rescues Cavaliers. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

CLEVELAND: From an offensive standpoint, the Cavaliers have one of the least productive starting fives in the NBA.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

eddie

United States

#1 Jan 10, 2008
wake me when ferry finally makes a move!!!
Cancer Larry

Mission, TX

#2 Jan 10, 2008
This is a no-brainer. Easily 2-3 of the starting five are pseudo-starters. They are the main reason why the Cavs are often on a sluggish start and barely win even against inferior teams. Their absence is also a big reason why the Cavs managed to pull ahead in the 4 quarter of many won games. No atrocious shooting guards and clueless on defense big man to drag the team down while Bobbie, Devin, Damon and Andy try to give Lebron a big lift in pulling off a miracle.
Mike Brown is sending the wrong message - brick 30 percent so I can start you. don't worry about the early mess, the fourth quarter guys are there to bail us out. For the love of God, dump Larry the Cancer before he inflicts the entire team. Already, his bricklaying disease has contaminated Pavlovic.
TeddyRoos

AOL

#3 Jan 11, 2008
What the article should say is, "Cavs are doomed if the bench doesnt come through". Every team needs some hop off the bench. This team plays 1 on 5 until the bench arrives. At that point we get it up to 2-3 on 5.
Rpt2668

Akron, OH

#4 Jan 11, 2008
As long as Mike Brown is around the cavs will never amount to anything. There is no hope for Larry bricko hughes. Hey Mike Brown if your bench of Boobie and D brown is producing more than your starters "Change YOUR LINEUP" I can't bare to watch this team anymore, it is the most painfull cluster *#&^@% i have ever seen. These 2 guys deserve to start and play there guts out when on the court. Coach, the fans deserve better!!!
OMG

Akron, OH

#5 Jan 11, 2008
LeBron vs the other teams starting Five. What's wrong with this picture? Cavs will be lucky to make the playoffs with all the adversity going on.
hdawg

United States

#6 Jan 11, 2008
What a joke, the Cavs just made the finals under Mike Brown. When has this franchise ever done that? I don't understand why so many Clevelanders always want to blame the coach. I guess it's easier than admitting your players aren't up to it.
larry whos

New York, NY

#7 Jan 11, 2008
The Cavs made the Finals under Lebron.
hdawg

United States

#8 Jan 11, 2008
larry whos wrote:
The Cavs made the Finals under Lebron.
Sure they did, and they're a .500 team under Lebron this year. You don't just give credit to the player when they win, and then blame the coach when they lose. Clevelanders know football, but you have no clue about the game of basketball.
Buck

West Chester, OH

#9 Jan 11, 2008
Shannon Brown to the D-League?? Why not send Sasha and Brick Larry?? LaBron loves NY in baseball, but when his contract is up , I'm telling you he is going to LA.Look at the history of the Lakers. They always have more than one super star and they always put on a show and they always get what thet want, check out their history.I'm sure mike brown and ferry are nice people away frome basketball, but they are in over ther heads. When LaBron leaves everyone will be on the woulda,coulda,shoulda bandwagon. I've been studying the pro game for over 40 years and all i can tell you is that some things only come along once in a life time and you best make the most of it and no half-stepping. HOW can you have two starting guards shooting 30%and then wanting to get a point guard(Kidd) who can't shoot and no offense for him to run if he could shoot. Detroit would love to get their hands on Shannon Brown because he does the one thing the Cavs can't stop, go to the bucket.
Rpt2668

Akron, OH

#10 Jan 11, 2008
HDAWG

I am not admitting that the players aren't up to it. Mike Brown is not a high caliber coach and never will be. Cavs have a lot of talent and it is not being used correctly. That is the coaches fault. Last year was a fluke and we have lebron to thank for the playoff run not Mike Brown. Sasha and Larry both need to get there head out of there ass, why they both play as much as they do is beyond me. Pay me 12 mill a year and i can at least give you 2 of 12 every night.
larry d

Hixson, TN

#11 Jan 11, 2008
I wonder how LeBron and his friends at Nike feel when Cavs games are taken off national telecasts because of the mess Danny Ferry has created.
dubyes

United States

#12 Jan 11, 2008
Coach Brown is not an offensive genius and probably needs to bring in someone to help with that.Also he needs to stand up for his team more when they are getting reamed by the officials night after night.Look at Boston,they are always whining and crying and the refs reward them with lots of calls.It's not like we we need to place a lot of blame here,the Cavs are winning again and should be in good shape by mid-March.Pavlovic and Hughes will be OK-no better than that as long as Brown will stand up for them.As it is,every time Sasha makes a couple of shots he gets sat down for 45 minutes.What would Lebrons' numbers be like if he was benched in the 4th quarter of every game?Besides,too much Devin Brown is not a good thing-he has a habit of losing the ball on key possesions,and too often the team works the shot clock only to end up with a Brown three-pointer that has no chance of going in.Just let the guards(including Gibson)play,they'll be fine.
Jordy

Redmond, WA

#13 Jan 11, 2008
Rpt2668 wrote:
As long as Mike Brown is around the cavs will never amount to anything. There is no hope for Larry bricko hughes. Hey Mike Brown if your bench of Boobie and D brown is producing more than your starters "Change YOUR LINEUP" I can't bare to watch this team anymore, it is the most painfull cluster *#&^@% i have ever seen. These 2 guys deserve to start and play there guts out when on the court. Coach, the fans deserve better!!!
Your right I think Devin and Boobie should be in the lineup
Jordy

Redmond, WA

#14 Jan 11, 2008
I luv Boobie I think he should be in the starting line up. Take Larry out and put him on the bench. Also i think Devin brown should get a chance in the line up. Boobie is great for the team with his awsome 3-pointers. Devin could do some stuff to.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#15 Jan 11, 2008
Buck wrote:
Shannon Brown to the D-League?? Why not send Sasha and Brick Larry?? LaBron loves NY in baseball, but when his contract is up , I'm telling you he is going to LA.Look at the history of the Lakers. They always have more than one super star and they always put on a show and they always get what thet want, check out their history.I'm sure mike brown and ferry are nice people away frome basketball, but they are in over ther heads. When LaBron leaves everyone will be on the woulda,coulda,shoulda bandwagon. I've been studying the pro game for over 40 years and all i can tell you is that some things only come along once in a life time and you best make the most of it and no half-stepping. HOW can you have two starting guards shooting 30%and then wanting to get a point guard(Kidd) who can't shoot and no offense for him to run if he could shoot. Detroit would love to get their hands on Shannon Brown because he does the one thing the Cavs can't stop, go to the bucket.
Been studying the game for 40 years? Just not long enough to correctly spell the first name of one of the greatest player in the NBA.

Blow the whole thing up, bring Paxson back.

You must be joking
Jordy

Redmond, WA

#16 Jan 11, 2008
larry d wrote:
I wonder how LeBron and his friends at Nike feel when Cavs games are taken off national telecasts because of the mess Danny Ferry has created.
I know i wish more cavs games were on T.V I would tottaly watch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' (Jul '14) Jul '14 sam 3
News LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers (Jul '14) Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
News Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
News NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
News MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
News Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
News Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
More from around the web