Cavs defense ices Heat

Cavs defense ices Heat

There are 12 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Dec 25, 2007, titled Cavs defense ices Heat. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

CLEVELAND: With cheerful Christmas music as the guide, the Cavaliers' December dance kept on going Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Tre

Brunswick, OH

#1 Dec 26, 2007
Was at the game yesterday.
Larry didn't shoot well but had a good defensive game and did many things well.
AV played well as did Drew.
The only thing that interested me is that Pat Riley seems to rotate everyone in! Hey it's Decemeber let's see what we have! For example DeQuan Cook played some minutes as did Luke Jackson! These were first and second half minutes. Shannon can't play 3 minutes, even Damon Jones a minute or 2? I don't understand the thinking there.
OMG

Canton, OH

#2 Dec 26, 2007
One game does not a defense make. Let's see how the Cavs do next time out. Maybe AV is starting to earn his $5.3 million?
Cavalier Traveler

Wooster, OH

#3 Dec 26, 2007
Larry Hughes starts: showcasing for possible trade? PD reports coaches had long meeting with Hughes about his role. Move discussed also?
There a whiff in the winter air of change a-coming. I suspect Hughes' days as a Cavalier are dwindling in number. Other teams are beginning to look at expiring contracts, logjams at positions building for future. I don't look for a big name but the suspense is delicious. What kind of deal can Ferry pull off? Who else might be in a package?
Meanwhile, Sacha continues to stagger. He began to look good mid-season last year. Let's hope he can do it again. Cavs desperate for some backcourt chemistry--and Boobie, who does whatever is asked and doesn't whine and pout (what a relief!) is definitely in the mix--but with whom????
rufus

Raleigh, NC

#4 Dec 26, 2007
Z scored in double figures wow! he did as good as that over the hill shaq did. what can we get for him?
CavsFan

Akron, OH

#5 Dec 26, 2007
The Cavs won last year with the starting lineup of James,Z, Pavs, Hughes and Gooden. The Cavs have won with this "Big Guard" set although Hughes doesn like it, he'll get over it. Boobie is a great shooter but cannont guard the likes of Kobe, D.Wade, Chauncey Billups and the bigger guards in the league and gets taken to the rack continually. Unless he's covering a guard his size or smaller he gives it up on the defensive side of the ball. Although Sasha & Hughes arent clicking yet, and they will, they've played great defense against Kobe & D.Wade as they were both non-factors in the games the Cavs Won. Finally with everyone in place the Bench will be a lot stronger than it has been in the last several years with Boobie, Vareijo, Devin Brown coming off and maybe even Shannon Brown. Sometimes the best trade is no trade
Not Surprised

Akron, OH

#6 Dec 26, 2007
OMG wrote:
One game does not a defense make. Let's see how the Cavs do next time out. Maybe AV is starting to earn his $5.3 million?
Wait a minute...two weeks ago you said AV was the savior for the team. I believe you said the season is a waste if they don't sign AV. Now a good game is meaningless and AV has to prove himself? So in other words you just spout whatever crap you feel like and have no intelligent rational thoughts?? You have such low self-worth that everyone else has to be screwing up or you can't feel good about yourself?? I suppose if the Cavs win the championship this year you will b*tch that the cheerleaders aren't pretty enough. What an idiot you are.
bikerman

Crestview, FL

#7 Dec 26, 2007
I love the comment that Hughes hasn't found his shot yet. The fact is....He can't shoot.

Perhaps the pregame talk did some good, because Hughes played team basketball for the first time this year. If Brown can limit his shots to open 10 footers and layups, he can really help the team. Wade doesn't shoot 3's because he is not good at it. Hughes and D. Brown should never take a 3.
Scott from Atlanta

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Dec 26, 2007
Not Surprised wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute...two weeks ago you said AV was the savior for the team. I believe you said the season is a waste if they don't sign AV. Now a good game is meaningless and AV has to prove himself? So in other words you just spout whatever crap you feel like and have no intelligent rational thoughts?? You have such low self-worth that everyone else has to be screwing up or you can't feel good about yourself?? I suppose if the Cavs win the championship this year you will b*tch that the cheerleaders aren't pretty enough. What an idiot you are.
Intelligent rational thoughts? Please don't put such words in print for Grumpy to read. It will only serve to confuse his already warped mind. He should have quit dropping acid when the 60s ended. Some people never learn!
Ray Russell

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Dec 26, 2007
Good win over a last place team. We'll see if this team is starting to grow Thursday in Dallas.
Hughes had a decent game, but not a game you would expect from a player drawing his salary.
OMG

Canton, OH

#10 Dec 26, 2007
Not Surprised wrote:
<quoted text>
and the same irrational thoughts to you Moron.
Bobby Wilkerson

United States

#11 Dec 26, 2007
The only thing that iced the Heat were the Heat. Shaq is a shell of his former self and Dwayne Wade is clearly not back to his normal level of play. This game means nothing. If the Heat were a better team, they would easily have beaten the Cavaliers. This team needs another scorer in addition to Lebron to do anything other than make the playoffs in the East.
Doom and Gloom

Boynton Beach, FL

#12 Dec 26, 2007
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>and the same irrational thoughts to you Moron.
You just can't deal with when (and as in the case most of the time) you are wrong and have been upstaged can you? Stop being a closet fan and do us all a favor: Post in the Pittspuke paper and cut the crap..........Oh yeah, that's right.you and crap are King!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' (Jul '14) Jul '14 sam 3
News LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers (Jul '14) Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
News Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
News NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
News MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
News Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
News Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
More from around the web