Bulls trample passive Cavs all over c...

Bulls trample passive Cavs all over court

There are 26 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Apr 11, 2008, titled Bulls trample passive Cavs all over court. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

CHICAGO: It is little wonder the teams behind the Cavaliers in the standings are hoping to face them in the playoffs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eddie

Tujunga, CA

#1 Apr 11, 2008
why is damon jones not playing? why is daniel gibson playing so much? why is wally still so bad? why is ben wallace getting paid 15 mil just to rebound and defend? why is varejao so awful? Does anyone know how serious lebron's back is? why is joe smith not getting more playing time? why is mike brown's offense still so awful? I guess we will have the answers next year cause we are losing in the first round boys and girls!! WE STINK!!!
Cam

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Apr 11, 2008
Noah and Varejao are not really comparable players. Noah is much more talented on the offensive end.
allen

Corry, PA

#3 Apr 12, 2008
Whoa boy!
DonDon

United States

#4 Apr 12, 2008
I've tried to be patient with Coach Brown but that time is over. This man is an assistant coach in Head coach clothing! A classic example is his inability to figure out their 3rd quarter play. This madness has gone on for 2 years now. Every game you can expect the Cavs to come out flat, shoot about 10 straight jumpers and lose the lead of fall farther behind in the 3rd quarter. His offensice is pathetic. He continues to start Devin Brown at the shooting guard? Aren't shooting guards suppose to be able to shoot? He has betrayed two of the players that helped the Cavs get to the finals last year in Damon Jones and Sasha. This team has no faith in this man. Players look to coaches for leadership and he has none. He climbed up the coaching ranks too fast and it shows. Last night even announce Hubie Brown chimed in "The coaching staff has got to come up with an offensive change that will help out Lebron James. Right now the bulls are double teaming and have a third man waiting every time he touches the ball." That's putting it nicely for "Your offense sucks!"
Spud

Canton, OH

#5 Apr 12, 2008
The story line has been the same for the past few years. James gets the ball at the top of the key, and the offense comes to a grinding halt. Now, even when he's on the bench (or lying on his back) the same thing happens.

Last nite AV tried to emulate him, challenging the defender to guard him as he sized up the defense and let the clock run down, finally trying to drive the lane and, ultimately fumbling the ball as the 24 second buzzer sounded. AV! It was like a Saturday Night Live parody of LBJ! Any time he dribbles more than once, you can bet there'll be a turnover.

I don't like saying this, because I love his defensive philosophy, but Coach Brown's just not up to the task of head coach (as many of you have been saying). For some reason the players just don't respect him. Perhaps it's because he gives LBJ so much slack. James needs a coach at some point in his career who can instill some discipline in him. Pat Riley would look good on the Cav's bench.

Meanwhile the Wizards are licking their chops, just dying to get some revenge on these lazy slackers. At some point Agent Zero will be whispering in LBJ's ear as he stands at the foul line, "Your a$$ is mine!" And James will respond by thinking he can win it all by himself, dribbling at the top of the key...and dribbling...
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#6 Apr 12, 2008
Watched the first quarter magic. Knew what was next. Turned it off. Not surprised. Pretty boring team.
Temple-Man

Cleveland, OH

#8 Apr 12, 2008
You can't dump six players, add four and expect it all to come together in two months. Unfortunately the "BIG TRADE" will look better after a full training camp next year, than it does now. That is, assuming Ferry doesn't screw around with West and Gibson's contracts like he did Sasha and Varejao.

Playoffs? Chuck and duck. It may not be pretty.
RPB

Mckees Rocks, PA

#9 Apr 12, 2008
DonDon wrote:
I've tried to be patient with Coach Brown but that time is over. This man is an assistant coach in Head coach clothing! A classic example is his inability to figure out their 3rd quarter play. This madness has gone on for 2 years now. Every game you can expect the Cavs to come out flat, shoot about 10 straight jumpers and lose the lead of fall farther behind in the 3rd quarter. His offensice is pathetic. He continues to start Devin Brown at the shooting guard? Aren't shooting guards suppose to be able to shoot? He has betrayed two of the players that helped the Cavs get to the finals last year in Damon Jones and Sasha. This team has no faith in this man. Players look to coaches for leadership and he has none. He climbed up the coaching ranks too fast and it shows. Last night even announce Hubie Brown chimed in "The coaching staff has got to come up with an offensive change that will help out Lebron James. Right now the bulls are double teaming and have a third man waiting every time he touches the ball." That's putting it nicely for "Your offense sucks!"
I agree with everything you say except that Devin Brown can shoot.
RPB

Mckees Rocks, PA

#10 Apr 12, 2008
Here's my take on this mess.

Mike Brown needs to go! That's pretty freakin' evident. He has no control of this team. He is supposed to be a defensive-minded coach... if he can't get them to consistently play good defense (leaving his pathetic offense out of it), then he is of no use!

Danny Ferry made a great decision by only signing AV to a 2 year contract. His contract expires after next year which makes him great trade bait. He needs to go! The top woman bball player in the world (Noah) used him last night and showed how unathletic and offensively challenged AV really is. He hurts the Cavs on both ends of the court.

Delonte West needs to be re-signed. The kid is good.

Lebron needs to figure out how to shoot freakin' free throws! 6-12 is truly pathetic.

With a true "head coach" next year (Rick Carlisle), and a rotation including Lebron, Z, Boobie, Devin, Wally, Big Ben, Joe Smith, Delonte, Sasha, and whoever Ferry adds via a trade including Damon Jones, AV, and Snow's $20+ million in cap room (Agent O, Andre Iguodala?)...The Cavs will be good next year!

Go Cavs!
florida kid

Palm Harbor, FL

#11 Apr 12, 2008
watching the game last night was so pathetic. the only scorers are james and z.one the team. nobody knows how to play defense. the offense has to open up. all otherteams has guys playing in the corners for three points. once in a while we get that. we have to have a good defense, thats what wins ball games.
concerned citizen

Oshkosh, WI

#12 Apr 12, 2008
the Cavs blew it from Day One of the LeBron era. the kid was only 18 and while a special talent, everyone coddled him "oh my, LeBron wants a championship or he will leave town" and so instead of devising a plan to develop GOOD young talent to mature along with him and grow as a team, management has continually put their money into mediocre vets to try to win now so Bronnieboy doesn't walk. This team is the proof of that statement
Lethargic -Queen- James

Bedford, OH

#13 Apr 12, 2008
Man, we have really sucked since that "blockbuster trade."

I hope the Knicks call me today on one of my 150 cell phones.
Cavalier Traveler

Wooster, OH

#14 Apr 12, 2008
Temple-Man wrote:
You can't dump six players, add four and expect it all to come together in two months. Unfortunately the "BIG TRADE" will look better after a full training camp next year, than it does now. That is, assuming Ferry doesn't screw around with West and Gibson's contracts like he did Sasha and Varejao.
I agree. The trade will look good next year, but the team hasn't gelled this year (and we now are wondering how much Ben Wallace has in his tank). I believe the Cavs have a shot to be among the elite in 08-09, but this year I think they'll depart the palyoffs in the 2nd round after winning a game or at best two.
Nothing to get hung up about, amigos, the Indians have started and the Browns are 3 months from camp. Spring is springing (once we get this cold snap out of the way), so the Cavs are doing us a favor by getting out of the way. All good!
nick

Bronx, NY

#15 Apr 12, 2008
RPB wrote:
Here's my take on this mess.
Mike Brown needs to go! That's pretty freakin' evident. He has no control of this team. He is supposed to be a defensive-minded coach... if he can't get them to consistently play good defense (leaving his pathetic offense out of it), then he is of no use!
Danny Ferry made a great decision by only signing AV to a 2 year contract. His contract expires after next year which makes him great trade bait. He needs to go! The top woman bball player in the world (Noah) used him last night and showed how unathletic and offensively challenged AV really is. He hurts the Cavs on both ends of the court.
Delonte West needs to be re-signed. The kid is good.
Lebron needs to figure out how to shoot freakin' free throws! 6-12 is truly pathetic.
With a true "head coach" next year (Rick Carlisle), and a rotation including Lebron, Z, Boobie, Devin, Wally, Big Ben, Joe Smith, Delonte, Sasha, and whoever Ferry adds via a trade including Damon Jones, AV, and Snow's $20+ million in cap room (Agent O, Andre Iguodala?)...The Cavs will be good next year!
Go Cavs!
rick carlisle is another coach who is not creative offensively . he's not the answer , especially when most teams are upping the tempo . plus he wore his welcome out with his players in indiana , he will do the same thing in cleveland . the cavs need a coach who has a good def philosophy and is creative offensively . but most of all , the need a coach who will not be scared to coach lebron . lebron still needs to be coached , not someone who lets him do whatever on the floor .
nick

Bronx, NY

#16 Apr 12, 2008
concerned citizen wrote:
the Cavs blew it from Day One of the LeBron era. the kid was only 18 and while a special talent, everyone coddled him "oh my, LeBron wants a championship or he will leave town" and so instead of devising a plan to develop GOOD young talent to mature along with him and grow as a team, management has continually put their money into mediocre vets to try to win now so Bronnieboy doesn't walk. This team is the proof of that statement
one of the truest statements i ever read in the assesment of the cavaliers .
nick

Bronx, NY

#17 Apr 12, 2008
Temple-Man wrote:
since the trade , this team has played quite a few games . with that being said , this team will not get better b/c of a full training camp . will a full camp make ben less of a liability on offense/bring back his piston years(he was seen as underrated and did not have a huge contract)/10 years younger ? will a full camp make wally less than a mediocre 15-20 min man who is good for a decent night once every 7 games ? will it make delonte morph into chris paul all of a sudden ? remember , this is his 3rd team in 2 years , he is nothing more than a back point guard . i just don't see how this unit is supposed to turn it around all b/c they will have a full training camp together . and to top it off , brown will still be coaching .
Tressel2008

Montgomery, AL

#18 Apr 12, 2008
Jeff Van Gundy would be a great hire. I don't know if you've ever heard him call a Cavs game. He gets so mad at Mike Brown it makes me laugh. It's almost as if he's interviewing for the job.
nick wrote:
<quoted text>
rick carlisle is another coach who is not creative offensively . he's not the answer , especially when most teams are upping the tempo . plus he wore his welcome out with his players in indiana , he will do the same thing in cleveland . the cavs need a coach who has a good def philosophy and is creative offensively . but most of all , the need a coach who will not be scared to coach lebron . lebron still needs to be coached , not someone who lets him do whatever on the floor .
CavsFan

Akron, OH

#19 Apr 12, 2008
Coaches Coach & Players Play. That being said Coach Browns new rotation hasnt worked, isnt working, and wont work. Joe Tait made a discreet comment about this the other day when he said Coach Brown is stubborn and will not change and it doesnt look good "folks". The pieces and parts that Brown keeps putting out there is not working. Out of the new guys Joe Smith seems to be the one who can adapt to anything. Ben Wallace has not shown up. Wally & Gibson cant find their shots and along with Devon Brown cannot play defense. Coach has not handled the Sasha & Damon Jones situation at all. Damon has been hot all year and it relegated to the bench. Sasha's offense has sucked this year but I rather him D up on Tayshon Prince or Rip Hamilton then Devon Brown....To many issues here and not enough time to resolve for the playoffs. You can tell that Lebron is not happy. Thats not a good thing
Ken

Dover, OH

#20 Apr 12, 2008
LEBRON DEMAND A TRADEEE!! please dont ruin your careeer!!!!!!!!!!
Richard Head

AOL

#21 Apr 12, 2008
Will this team EVER learn how to shot free throws? Enough is enough

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' (Jul '14) Jul '14 sam 3
News LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers (Jul '14) Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
News Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
News NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
News MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
News Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
News Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
More from around the web