Rob Oller commentary: Without James, ...

Rob Oller commentary: Without James, Cavs are just another team...

There are 81 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 8, 2010, titled Rob Oller commentary: Without James, Cavs are just another team.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

If there ever is a time to appreciate the magnitude of what LeBron James means to the Cleveland Cavaliers, and to the city in which he plays, it is right this second.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

G I Joe

Rushsylvania, OH

#63 Mar 8, 2010
I hope Labron leaves cleveland. It is always Labron there are 4 other players on a basketball team. Good bye Labron good bye. I hope. He will not be missed by me.
Joe

Warren, OH

#64 Mar 8, 2010
Don't forget they also were playing without Shaq and Big Z...
JT Thomas Cleveland

Cleveland, OH

#65 Mar 8, 2010
The Cavs look shaky without Lebron because everything runs through him. They have talent around him, but everybody keys on LeBron so it stands to reason that it would take a night or two with LeBron on the shelf before they got into a groove. Like tonight!!!!!The Cavs looked bad shortly after they picked up Jamison but now that he's getting synced up with the rest of the squad they're better. They also looked rough when Mo Williams was fresh off his recovery. It takes time to find a pace.

The Cavs aren't that bad without LeBron, but you wouldn't see it unless he's out for three or four games. By the way, if you take Kobe away from the Lakers they'd lose steam and esteem really quick. Yet another stupid comment.

I wish Dispatch Sports columnists would think before they write. Anybody who watches sports knows that this team is far better than the Cavs of days gone by. You will see a close rough game this will make the team better.

Since: Sep 09

Columbus, OH

#66 Mar 8, 2010
"Just another team" beat the Spurs tonight. Stick to Ohio State sports Rob. Leave pro sports to the big boys.

Unbelievable.

Columbus, OH

#67 Mar 8, 2010
G I Joe wrote:
I hope Labron leaves cleveland. It is always Labron there are 4 other players on a basketball team. Good bye Labron good bye. I hope. He will not be missed by me.
I hope they get rid of "Labron" too (whoever HE is?) but definitely keep "Lebron".

Ya LaBoob.
Ace

Astoria, NY

#68 Mar 8, 2010
How did the bucks do without Turner? Chicago bulls without Jordan? What a ridiculous story.
Just me

Hayesville, OH

#69 Mar 8, 2010
Now the Cavs won a game tonight without James, the Lakers have lost three in a row WITH Kobe, and Hurt Locker takes best picture. Please don't buy a lottery ticket.
Michael Buchanan

Augusta, GA

#70 Mar 8, 2010
I am reading this after the Cavs won against the Spurs...I hated this article. I am not ignorant of the fact that the focus was suppose to be to show how important Lebron is to the Cavs, but if you take Kobe and Bynum and Gasol off the Lakers (ie...Cavs minus Lebron, Shaq, and Z) they would not beat the Heat, Bobcats or Majic...Oh they didn't beat those teams with the Three stars playing. So with all due respect to Mr. Oller...The Cavs rock just like Cleveland!

P.S. I wanted to say suck it!!
man

Reynoldsburg, OH

#71 Mar 8, 2010
rob oller you comments are still at 100 percent there just as stupid as ever
Dean Wormer

Loveland, OH

#72 Mar 9, 2010
Fat, dumb, and stupid is no way to go through life, Rob. Stick to the smaller college sports.

“The One, The True”

Since: Dec 09

Creation

#73 Mar 9, 2010
The Cavs looked pretty good against the Spurs. They had six players post double digits, Delonte and Mo both moved the ball around and created opportunities and there was a solid effort on both ends. The Spurs don't have Tony Parker right now, but the Cavs don't have Shaq and LeBron. The Spurs still had Duncan and an allegedly superior coach.

Suck on that Oller.
Cavs Fan

United States

#74 Mar 9, 2010
So now what do you have to say after they won against San Antonio? Mr. Oller you must be upset with the Cavs. Did they not let you sit in the press box? With out LBJ the Cavs are a playoff caliber team. Your comparison of the Cavs w/out LBJ to the '02-03 team is pure ignorance. Your more of an a opinionater than reporter. LA Times gives more respect to the Cavs than you.
Irony Cop

United States

#75 Mar 9, 2010
I think a bigger point the Oller was trying to make was that the Cavs without James are virtually unwatchable. I watched last night's game and I enjoyed it. It was a really nice team effort. They took advantage of the transition game, got back and played great defense and kept the ball moving in the half court offense. I was impressed. I think Mike Brown went up a notch or two on the coaching ladder. Granted, these aren't the Spurs from three years ago, but this is still one of the top 10 teams in the NBA and they needed this win much more than the Cavs did. The Cavs played with great effort all night and got a solid win. I'd say even without LeBron the Cavs are no worse than the third best team in the east and probably the fifth or sixth best team over all.
Mel

Hamburg, PA

#76 Mar 9, 2010
Disagree with you in every front --- the Cavs without LBJ is NOT the team of 2003. There are a better team and more solid all around. I won't say they are a winning team or a contender but they are an above average mid level team.
You have to be kidding me...
Are you seriously trying to compare the 2003 team of Dajuan Wagner, Boozer, Darius Miles, Chris Mihm, DeSagan Diop, Ricky Davis,Stewart, JJones, Palacio against the likes of the 2009 team of Mo, Hickson, Gibson, Shaq, Jamison,Verajao, Parker, Moon, West!!
This article is so silly to the extent that it is stupid.
Mitch

Cleveland, OH

#77 Mar 9, 2010
I wonder what Oller was thinking last night when Mo drained his foul shots to win the game. Then again the jack-a$$ was probably not even watching the game.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Worthington

#78 Mar 9, 2010
G I Joe wrote:
Ok, the Cavs played a great game last night, I thought they came together quite well. But to say Lebron should leave Cleveland is just plain stupid. Without Lebron, the Cavs aren't the first team to 50 wins. Without Lebron, the Cavs don't post a 13 game win streak. If you don't like him on a personal level, that's fine, but to want the best player in basketball to go to another team means you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Great win Cavs! Hopefully this will give Brown the confidence to not rush James back onto the court and let him get to 100% before he comes back. If they can even stay at .500 in his absence, the Cavs still don't lose anything going into the playoffs.

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#79 Mar 9, 2010
Funny how everybody thought that the Celts and the Magic were the only true powerhouses in the East at the start of the season.
The Rest of the Cavs

United States

#80 Mar 9, 2010
Dear Rob:

Blow us.

Love,

The Cavs

PS: Did you even watch the game, or were you catching up on True Blood?
throw the hammer down

Erie, PA

#81 Mar 9, 2010
if there is ever time to appreciate the magnitude of this dog doo doo article...

kobe = sniper... lebron = lieutenant... oller = general wiener.

then there is the business side, you remain a doosh bag.

seriously tho, spurs game (yes, without james) was easily one of the top 10 to watch this season.

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#82 Mar 11, 2010
This article is ridiculous. Any team that suddenly loses their superstar of course isn't going to play as well. Then, to make it better, get rid of their starting center, their power forward, and have both of their guards nursing injuries. Of course they'll be just another team.

Look at it this way. It Kobe was hurt, Bynum was hurt, Gasol was traded away, and Brown and Fisher were both just back from injuries, the Lakers would be just another team. Great article. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' (Jul '14) Jul '14 sam 3
News LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers (Jul '14) Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
News Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
News NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
News MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
News Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
News Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
More from around the web