Find system, stick with it

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

The Cavs were that close to beating the Boston Celtics. They head to the offseason with typical cries for the coach's head - - and calls for improvement.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RoYourBoat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

Judged:

An excellant article that tells it like it is. LeBron needs to open his eyes to what he does to team ball many times. It is not good....
SFC TAYLOR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

Finally someone that is paying attention. Great article they don't have the talent so Lebron gets discouraged there is no doubt if the Cavs were more talented they would still be playing. They need ball handlers that can create for them selves once Lebron draws the triple team. D. West is the only other guy on the team that can get his own shot or create for someone else. B4 him it was hughes. They need to trade Z and Wally for Darko and Mike Miller. and go after J.R.Smith. We need athletes that can finish plays. Draft CDR stay away from Chase Budinger I'm stationed on the west coast the kid has no lateral movement and can't defend(see Luke Jackson). Get Joey Dorsey as a undrafted Free agent he is going to be a Ben Wallace/Jason Maxseil type player.
Tony O

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

Baron Davis and Ron Artest are the one that can become parts of Cavs with some effort on part of Danny ferry, they both can produce on their own and wouldn't be intimidated by anybody,sign both West and Gibson and make a couple of trade for Wally and may be Sasha. Go Cavs.
coupstair

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

... ya, no i don't think so. i've watched nearly every cavs game since 1999. they need a head coach people, plain and simple. mike brown is a great assistant coach with an emphasis on defense. he doesn't have the agressive nature (on the sideline, or in his "offensive schemes") to direct & empower a young group of 20-something year old players that are big and bad. the team composition reminds of the old school pistons, but they aren't being used as such obviously. this team is stacked with talent and they aren't being used to their advantages. this is an error in the coaching staff.
Super Sassy

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

RoYourBoat wrote:
An excellant article that tells it like it is. LeBron needs to open his eyes to what he does to team ball many times. It is not good....
Read it one more time.
Super Sassy

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

I believe that the Cavs, as a whole, just lacked the confidence it takes to win in a game 7 situation, on the road. I agree that a lack of varied offensive plays and coaching factors in too, but I think that Mike Brown is an excellent coach- he's the best Cavs coach thus far. Remember when LeBron answered a question during the game 6 post game press conference regarding the Cavs level of confidence? He said, "For me, I don't need extra confidence. For me, I know as an individual, I know I can go out there and prepare myself to help our team get a win. For some of the other guys, I'm not sure- that's a question you'll have to ask them". LeBron knew going into game 7 that the difference would be largely based on the confidence level of his teammates. He knows his teammates... well, so he knows when to pass and when he's going to have to shoulder it all and go one-on-five. LeBron knows if they're shooting from the back-side Cavs can win it. That's why he went on to say, "We can win. We know we can win. We just gotta go out there and do it." A little more time together coupled with the sting of that game 7 loss will be quite a confidence builder.
scottinnevada

Fallon, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

Coupstair...agree with almost everything except the "stacked with talent" line. Brown sucks as coach. Between him and Doc Rivers they have to be the most creatively challenged coaches in the league. If you put LBJ on the post, the wing, the high post, or anywhere besides dead center half court, he and his team will have a better chance at winning. Watch the Lakers play. Watch were Kobe gets the ball. He gets it everywhere on the court..not just the same place. The offense lets him create, lets his teamates create and gives them opportunities.
Curt61

Niles, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

Yeh lets face it when the Cavs Play as one they are almost unstopable even with the line up they have now ,there are games where Lebron cares them but all the great ones in the NBA have done that at one point or another in there carrier ,it did not help makeing the trade so late in the season neither if these guys would have played the whole seson together imagine the result then .There are some players i would get rid of though Andy and Sasha would be my first two to go.
TDogg

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

Alright, first of all we have a roster full of one-dimensional players. Ben Wallace, Varejao, Jones, Szerbiak(didn't spell that right, who does?) and Snow (thank god his sorry ass is retiring) are only useful on one end of the court. We need more players like Joe Smith who are capable at both ends, although a little more youthful would be appreciated. Secondly, Mike Brown is an assitant coach at best. He doesn't demand respect from the players and has just a lack of passion that it's laughable. Go CAVS!!! Make the right decisions in the off-season and we'll have a championship this time next year.
rwinter4

Brecksville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

I have been saying for 2 years that Lebron is the reason for the standing around. He get the ball at the top of the key, dribbles BACK to mid court, takes 4 steps in, and shoots a FALL AWAY 3.

Another problem, and I have no answer, we get players that have a respect in the league for being able to hit open shots. After they getting here, they can no longer shoot,(Marshall, Jones, Wally). The Cavs have not had a shooter since Mark Price left.

Anderson has to be traded. He wants a mega contract, but will not get one unless he shows he can score in double figures. That is why he shot so much this season. Maybe he could bring a second round pick, since we don't have one.

And lastly, Dan Gilbert, you had better take a look at the people you have running this team. Brown can't make an adjustment without looking at game tape. The jury is out with Ferrys draft. He did pick Gibson, but liked Shannon Brown more!
bigtone

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

maybe the cavs need a new coach like avery jonhson.
David

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

The Cavs need more athletes with explosiveness
cavalier future Gm

Bayside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

Please try to pick up Avery Johnson-
put Brown as an assistant coach or fire him. He will always have excuses
and this team will always have to improve and Lebron's future wont get any better. Please pick up Averty- he would be a perfect coach for cleveland.

Trade Eric , Damon Jones, and other players in the team that did not even get a single minute in the playoff games.

The Cavs actually never got one good pick since Lebron --- The GM'S are one of the reasons

The trade was horrible
when i see cleveland i only see Lebron but come on

This team will never i repeat never win a championchip if they take things lightly.Try to pick up a good player , at least a good international player.

Why is Damon jones still in the team either let him play more or trade him how much munites did he play in the playoffs- that was less than how much Lebron got in his most horrible performance in the playoff

Pick up Avery

Befere this team can get a championchip they will have to be better then the best team team in the nba. and cleveland is like they 7th best team -
they got a long way to go.

right now im waiting for cleveland to have a team not bunch of highschoolers around Lebron/

Pick up Michael Red.

Trade all of our bench warmers
for the sake of Lebron

our team needs avery -- and Michael red or even Melo from Denver

Please listen to the cry of your fans
Dnay ferry --cause ifn u dont do any better next year u or brown might not be here. NO MORE
SFC TAYLOR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

If the Cavs fire Mike Brown but make no other changes they will be a worst team, because its not his fault. The Cavs need to get younger and better at the same time. We also need Cap friendly players. So scratch Baron Davis, Mike Redd, and Agent 0, unless they come at the expense of Wally Contract. Z needs to go while he still has a little value and I do mean little. JR Smith should be at the top of Ferry's RFA list because I doubt if Denver can afford to match a Max midlevel offer he can shoot the lights out and he can create and finish plus he is not selfish and he is only 22, Darko is 23 with alot of talent who is the prefect replacement for Z at 6 mil compared to Z's 10 mil. Mike Miller is a shooter that can score and is only 28, he can play the 3 or the 2, and only cost 8 mil vs the cap compared to 14 mil for Redd who best days appear behind him, and 13 for wally who is 32 and a bum.

Z and Wally, for Darko and Miller would make us younger and better now. and maybe send Damon jones and Snow contrats some where for some young talent. Ferry need to get to work now.
antwan

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

i agree wth rwinter4, we need to lose dopey andy, and get some offense
vitamin-c

Mentor, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

I think the cavs should try and get michael redd or trade up in the draft and try to get rose.
vitamin-c

Mentor, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

I know this has nothing to do with the cavs but I LOVE Mackenzie M.
vitamin-c

Mentor, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

Go cavs
mzballer326

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

well lebron is just great and he needs some he can trust like jamison he is another great player who is up this year so the cavs should trade boobie or damond jones for jamison who could play with james befor he leaves couse he want a championship like good teams.
mzballer326

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

get lebron some help befor are home towm hero leaves us to the sharks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anderson Varejao Discussions

Search the Anderson Varejao Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
Cleveland Cavaliers preview: How much will Mike... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Freda Johnson 1
For a needy traveler, Cleveland Cavaliers' Ande... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Freda Johnson 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••