Ohio.com - LeBron prepared to play mi...

Ohio.com - LeBron prepared to play minus Varejao, Pavlovic

There are 39 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Oct 22, 2007, titled Ohio.com - LeBron prepared to play minus Varejao, Pavlovic. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

INDEPENDENCE: The ceremonies and goodwill tours are over. The Cavaliers returned from their eight-day trip to China over the weekend and had their first practice Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sancho Panza

United States

#22 Oct 23, 2007
Thall wrote:
John is RIGHT. I wouldn't sign not one more guy for over 5 mil a year at this point. Many contracts the Cavs have come off the books next year or the year after. No way I hamstring the organization now. AV gotta come up off that 10 mil mess he talkin.
WHO IN HERE WOULD PAY AV 10 MIL for 6 pts and 6 rbs?
Not me. I'd not pay a cent over 5mil, if even that much,
Dog

Hartville, OH

#23 Oct 23, 2007
Old Man Grump wrote:
<quoted text>
Lest we not forget the 2001 after season Indians step back by cheap A$$ Dolan, and 6 years before they made the playoffs again. Let's face it folks, Cleveland is the Mistake by the Lake and always will be losers in all their sports.
Then why do you post first everyday on Cleveland sports... deep down you love Cleveland sports,
Maryland Fan

Washington, DC

#25 Oct 23, 2007
Old Man,
There's a big difference in stepping back when you have a salary cap to deal with in order to make cap room for a future move and stepping back in baseball for $$ reasons, even assuming that is a fair representation of all the relevant considerations for the Tribe. And even now, Ferry is not stepping back to save money. He is refusing to overpay for players who are not going to be enough to win a championship or be good enough to trade for value at the salaries they want.
The only big "mistake" Ferry made was Hughes, but that is mostly because Hughes has failed to perform like he should. I am not aware of better options under the circumstances that Ferry let go without trying to land. He took a risk on the best option available to the team at the time, and lost the bet. Now he is giving them the cap room they need to find a better option when the opportunity next comes.
Thall

Annandale, VA

#26 Oct 23, 2007
Maryland Fan...I too live in Maryland. Small world. LOL
Fuzzy

Lorain, OH

#27 Oct 23, 2007
You can take this to your bank...the Cavs will finish third in their division and they will stink this year and stink mightily.
Papa Niass NYC

Emerson, NJ

#28 Oct 23, 2007
I am the cavs #1 fun.
Let me tell you this: Lebron is only a person. If the management did not helping him getting better players, it should've not took these 2 players oof the team. What kind of management is this? If the team drop this season, please don't blame Lebron. I would not even blame if he gets tired an becomes somebody else!
Are you crazy or do you think lebron is a machine.Bottom line is all thge other teams got better this season but the Cavs and you expect them to do better than last years. Wake up managers.The risk is for the team to lose Lebron or Lebron to lose his career. Right now Lebron and Kobe are the 2 top players in the NBA and to save this or to be definetely the #1, Lebron does not need to go to this mentally and physically. Are you jealous of the one woke the city of Cleveland up or what? Come guys, be for real now! Any comment, my email is [email protected]
Papa Niass NYC

Emerson, NJ

#29 Oct 23, 2007
All I know is Lebron needs help but decreasing the teams power.
dave

Stow, OH

#31 Oct 23, 2007
...I think L.B should re do his contract and help get these guys back.
Too True

AOL

#32 Oct 23, 2007
Pete Franklin Jr wrote:
Lebron, RUN, don't walk away from Cleveland. This lost cause was set in motion the day Danny Ferry was hired and Larry Gilbert is too cheap to ever fork over the money to bring the supporting cast Lebron needs.
There is no way that the franchise will survive again if it has to go back to awful garbage that Gordon Gund used to trot out in his time in Cleveland. It's going to be hilarious to see "the Monsters" and Arena Football as the "Q's" only tenants in a few short years.
And Pete Franklin Jr. told you so.
AMEN. Truer words were never spoken in Cleveland Sports. Nike will want Lebron playing in NY or LA when this contract is up. That's why his NBA contract coincides with his shoe contract.
Spud

Stow, OH

#33 Oct 23, 2007
OMG - STFU!
Howies Chizel

Canton, OH

#34 Oct 23, 2007
Spud wrote:
OMG - STFU!
S T F U back
Old Man Grump

Canton, OH

#35 Oct 23, 2007
Thank you my friend Howies Chizel. Spud deserves your STFU. He knows nothing.
Old Man Grump

Canton, OH

#36 Oct 23, 2007
ESE wrote:
Any doubt who runs this team? They should ask the coach these questions, not LeBrown. He should work on his free throw shooting and keep his lips shut.
A$$ LeBron is the coach. Ferry listens to whatever he wants and does it as long as it costs no money. The Head Coach Mike Brown is insignificant compared to A$$ LeBron.
DanD

Chillicothe, OH

#37 Oct 23, 2007
Josh wrote:
I'm getting tired of saying it all the time, but what does NY have that Cleveland doesnt? How about LA? I guess I've been sleeping for a few years cuz last I checked, the Lakers havent done anything since Shaq left, and the Knicks are one of the worst teams in the NBA. Meanwhile, the Cavs have been a 50-win team for 2 years running and nearly won a title last year. Did I miss something?
Lebron isnt going anywhere, and since when does not having 2 role players cripple a Conference Champion? I seem to remember a BUNCH of people, including a few who have already commented on this post, ripping Sasha and saying he was a liability. Andy is a hustle rebounder, so someone who can speak Brazilian needs to pull him aside and let him know that hustle rebounders dont make 11 mil a year.
Other than that, you guys make perfect sense. Hang tight Ferry, Cap relief is only a year away!
Seriously, college kids that have never stepped a mile away from a dorm room really shouldn't weigh in on the differences between Cleveland and New York. It only makes you sound like a totally clueless uninformed moron. And that's putting it mildly.
Keyonna

Pooler, GA

#38 Oct 24, 2007
A LEBRON JAMES DO U KNOW U LOOK SEXXY IN THAT PIC!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!
Jeff

Cleveland, OH

#39 Oct 24, 2007
I always thought old man grump was only an idiot talking politics , it's nice to see he is well rounded and an idiot with sports also .
Marquis Marshall

Marengo, OH

#40 Oct 24, 2007
Shannon Brown is a beast
SIDESHOW BOB

Avon Lake, OH

#41 Oct 24, 2007
Anderson Varejao is my twin brother.
Brazilnut

AOL

#42 Oct 26, 2007
I am happy to know that LeBron and the rest of the team realize that Andy Varejao is a vital part of the Cavaliers to reach success. I hope that a contract can be negotiated soon so that Varejao will be back on the court and we can win more games...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Varejao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LeBron James returns to Cavs: 'I'm coming home' (Jul '14) Jul '14 sam 3
News LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers (Jul '14) Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
News Cavaliers believe they can make playoffsCavalie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Freda Johnson 2
News NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
News MRI reveals knee contusion for Varejao (Jan '14) Feb '14 H y p e r S o n i c 2
News Mike Brown expected rough times for Cavaliers a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Freda Johnson 1
News Undefeated Minnesota Timberwolves present a cha... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Freda Johnson 1
More from around the web