Amare Stoudemire expects to stay with...

Amare Stoudemire expects to stay with Phoenix Suns

There are 40 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 13, 2009, titled Amare Stoudemire expects to stay with Phoenix Suns. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Amare Stoudemire turned a corner at a downtown hotel Friday, saw about 50 reporters swarming a table reserved for him at NBA All-Star weekend and smiled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Typical Sox Fan

United States

#22 Feb 14, 2009
Cavs Fan wrote:
Stoudemire said he doesn't want to play in Chicago so don't get your hopes up.
Uhh...he never said that
Tiffany

United States

#23 Feb 14, 2009
happy valentines day everybody
Jaybo

Mesa, AZ

#24 Feb 14, 2009
BOX OUT REBOUND, work on defense, pass the ball around, spread the floor, follow your own outside shot to get the rebound and for heaven's sake take care of the basketball. It really is that simple.
Martin

United States

#25 Feb 14, 2009
Cleveland's out, Miami's out, every Western Conference team is out, and now the Knicks are out. Come on, Paxson, the door's wide open to get the deal done in time
Tiffany

United States

#26 Feb 14, 2009
if amare stays wit the suns,then the suns should trade leandro barbosa,they really dont need him
Jamie

United States

#29 Feb 15, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
That would be terrific!
I'd love to see Stoudewhiner stay in Phoenix.
Yes, but not for the Bulls
Damani

United States

#30 Feb 15, 2009
Can't see how the Bulls don't pull the trigger on this deal! The Bulls right now are average team, that even when healthy maybe a .500 ball club.

If you don't deal for Amare then what? Trade for a injury-prone Chris Kaman? Trade for a past his prime Brad Miller? Hope that D Wade wants to come here in 2010(no way)? Chris Bosh? Hope they luck up in the lottery again and get Blake Griffin?

This is a clear cut decision in my eyes! The offer is on the table, Phoenix will bite, Amare in a Bulls uniform next week!!!!
Tiffany

United States

#31 Feb 15, 2009
i want him to stay in phoenix,but if he wants to leave,then let him bounce,but i hav'nt seen him show any attitude about stayin in phoneix
Justin

Phoenix, AZ

#32 Feb 15, 2009
There's a reason why Amare Stoduemire is starting in this years all-star game, because he's an all-star. It's that simple, he's an excellent talented basketball player that can be an inside presence for the Bulls. Not to mention a consistent 17 foot jump shot. Every single person who is hesitant to give up on Tyrus, or Joakim, or both, is absoulutley insane. These guys are prospects. We would be getting an "all-star" starter. Doesn't anyone see that???
Tiffany

United States

#33 Feb 15, 2009
tyrus sucks,hes always gettin dunked on
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#34 Feb 15, 2009
Justin wrote:
There's a reason why Amare Stoduemire is starting in this years all-star game, because he's an all-star. It's that simple, he's an excellent talented basketball player that can be an inside presence for the Bulls. Not to mention a consistent 17 foot jump shot. Every single person who is hesitant to give up on Tyrus, or Joakim, or both, is absoulutley insane. These guys are prospects. We would be getting an "all-star" starter. Doesn't anyone see that???
Wrong, Justin...
Stoudewhiner is starting because a bunch of brainwashed mopes voted him in...
They don't even want him in Phoenix.
Tiffany

United States

#35 Feb 15, 2009
hes wnated,im sure the suns dont want him to leave
Justin

Phoenix, AZ

#36 Feb 15, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, Justin...
Stoudewhiner is starting because a bunch of brainwashed mopes voted him in...
They don't even want him in Phoenix.
No I'm sorry you're wrong. He was voted in for a reason. A player starting in the all-star game is no fluke (maybe Fukudome). When and if he gets traded, the Suns will miss him dearly. It's rare to see a C/PF to hit 17 foot jump shots and be an inside presence as well. He's not Kobe, or LeBron, or Dwight Howard. But if Amare would to be traded to the Bulls, he would be the best player on the team. You are crazy to say Phoenix doesn't want him. The fans here love him, however management knows that he could very well decide to sign elsewhere in 2010. So why not get something for him now? They certainly aren't contending for anything this year.
Tiffany

United States

#37 Feb 15, 2009
hes steve nash's right hand man
Jody

North Tonawanda, NY

#38 Feb 16, 2009
Damani wrote:
Can't see how the Bulls don't pull the trigger on this deal! The Bulls right now are average team, that even when healthy maybe a .500 ball club.
If you don't deal for Amare then what? Trade for a injury-prone Chris Kaman? Trade for a past his prime Brad Miller? Hope that D Wade wants to come here in 2010(no way)? Chris Bosh? Hope they luck up in the lottery again and get Blake Griffin?
This is a clear cut decision in my eyes! The offer is on the table, Phoenix will bite, Amare in a Bulls uniform next week!!!!
Couldn't have said it better myself. Brad Miller, Chris Kaman, or Marcus Camby instead of Stoudemire? What a joke! You're right, Damani. It's on the table just like the Kobe deal. If they botch this one, Paxson is OUT!
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#39 Feb 16, 2009
Damani wrote:
Can't see how the Bulls don't pull the trigger on this deal! The Bulls right now are average team, that even when healthy maybe a .500 ball club.
If you don't deal for Amare then what? Trade for a injury-prone Chris Kaman? Trade for a past his prime Brad Miller? Hope that D Wade wants to come here in 2010(no way)? Chris Bosh? Hope they luck up in the lottery again and get Blake Griffin?
This is a clear cut decision in my eyes! The offer is on the table, Phoenix will bite, Amare in a Bulls uniform next week!!!!
I hate to say it, but from what I'm hearing out here, you're going to be right...
This will be one major disaster for the Bulls.
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#40 Feb 16, 2009
Northsider Native wrote:
I don't envy the decision Paxson has to make on the Bulls future. It will be hard to fault him either way he decides to go in trade deadline. I was one of those individuals screaming for the trade of Tyrus a year ago and have only softened up these past few months. The question is are the Bulls good enough now to be a legitamate contender. I think we all can agree the answer is no. Nobody knows just how good Tyrus can be or not be for that matter. Sure we can get on Pax for exchanging picks with Portland for Aldridge but then maybe we might not have Rose today. I'de pick Rose over Aldridge any day of the week. With the exception of Rose I can't say we have an untouchable player(s) on this Bulls team.
Bulls' fans love affair with Aldridge is astounding...
Portland is so in love with him it's trying to dump him.
Tiffany

United States

#41 Feb 17, 2009
the bulls aint never gettin lamarcus,they should've never passed him up
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#42 Feb 18, 2009
testing.
Tiffany

United States

#43 Feb 18, 2009
lord have mercy,here we go wit the b!tch a$$ness

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amar'e Stoudemire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff (Apr '14) May '14 bigtool 5
News Amar'e Stoudemire Rumors: What Should New York ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 8
News Chris Paul to the Knicks would be nearly imposs... (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 2
News 2013 NBA Playoffs: Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire to ... (May '13) May '13 Jmar196 1
News NBA Power Rankings: New York Knicks in No Posit... (Dec '12) Dec '12 jake 2
News Felton hopes Knicks fans welcome Lin warmly (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 12
News NY Knicks: Hot Start Proves Carmelo Anthony Bet... (Nov '12) Nov '12 kyu 6
More from around the web