Porter, not Stoudemire, is the likely...

Porter, not Stoudemire, is the likely Sun to go

There are 66 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 15, 2009, titled Porter, not Stoudemire, is the likely Sun to go. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Suns play at home Tuesday, the NBA trading deadline is Thursday, and even the roar that greeted Amare Stoudemire during Sunday's player introductions couldn't drown out the rumors surrounding the four-time ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#44 Feb 16, 2009
Mgray wrote:
<quoted text>
Are u tired from flexing those computer muscles yet?
Did you want to take me on in person or something?
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#45 Feb 16, 2009
Vinny Scott Baio wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah cuz that trade totally works, salary wise. Oh and I'm sure Ben would approve a trade to a team that's not even gona make the playoffs.
How can you constantly insult people for the mindless drivel they post when yours are equally as irrelevant and idiotic? Stoudemire should get paid less than Thabo, that makes perfect sense.
Oh I forgot, Thabo is one to watch cuz he's the second coming of Doug Christie and should be awarded with a 6yr/$66 million deal in the offseason.
Throw in Gooden then.
Same thing.
Both are useless.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#46 Feb 16, 2009
Vinny Scott Baio wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah cuz that trade totally works, salary wise. Oh and I'm sure Ben would approve a trade to a team that's not even gona make the playoffs.
How can you constantly insult people for the mindless drivel they post when yours are equally as irrelevant and idiotic? Stoudemire should get paid less than Thabo, that makes perfect sense.
Oh I forgot, Thabo is one to watch cuz he's the second coming of Doug Christie and should be awarded with a 6yr/$66 million deal in the offseason.
Yes, little Scottie.
Stoudemire is worth less than Thabo.
Are you a chick?
Did any guy like Scott Biao?
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#47 Feb 16, 2009
John wrote:
Here's another trade I would make if the opportunity presented itself.
Its obvious the Bulls need a center. I'd trade Derrick Rose and Ty Thomas for Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler. While Rose has potential, he doesn't yet have the leadership skills of a guy like CP. The problem is, New Orleans wouldn't make this trade in a million years.
Rose for Paul would be a terrific deal for the Bulls.
Keep Thomas and leave Chandler where he is.
You're on the right track.
The Bulls should look for a great player that they can really build around and offer Rose while his stock is too high.
Greg

Batavia, IL

#48 Feb 16, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>It figures that drips like you two would like that...
Thabo was something to be excited about here.
Who said I liked it? I posted it but I don't like it. Let's face it. He's Trenton Hassell all over again. The two or three has to put up points, not just play hard.
Tiffany

United States

#49 Feb 16, 2009
when thabo gets hot,he is unstoppable,he hits open jumpers,and ocassionally hits 3s,and hes a defensive player,hes just tryin to make a statment,but hes doing his thing wit the bulls,i hope they dont trade him
Mgray

Phenix City, AL

#50 Feb 16, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Did you want to take me on in person or something?
Be careful of what u ask 4.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#51 Feb 16, 2009
Mgray wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful of what u ask 4.
I'll gladly tell ya' where I am, tough guy.
And how to get hold of me.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#52 Feb 16, 2009
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I liked it? I posted it but I don't like it. Let's face it. He's Trenton Hassell all over again. The two or three has to put up points, not just play hard.
I agree Thabo has been a disappointment...
He's mentally weak and he'll go to another team and become a terrific player.
Just watch.
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#53 Feb 17, 2009
thabo is a keeper,they be stupid to trade him
RKA

Ambler, PA

#54 Feb 17, 2009
Haven't looked through all 50 post yet, but check this rumor.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bul...
Greg

Cicero, IL

#55 Feb 17, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
thabo is a keeper,they be stupid to trade him
That proves my point. He should go.
Mad Dog

Roselle, IL

#56 Feb 17, 2009
What I'm hearing is that the suns have received nothing more than underwhelming trade offers. So this tells me no trigger finger Paxson is offering Gooden, Thomas and a Draft pick. Typical of Paxson but he should be offering Hinrich, Gooden, Thomas, first round pick and if they really want Deng too, I don't care give them the entire roster and it would be Stoudemire and Rose going 2 0n 5 for the rest of the season.
Tiffany

United States

#57 Feb 17, 2009
nah,greg,they should keep him,not trade him
Arif

Plainfield, IL

#58 Feb 17, 2009
I'm not sure if Marcus Camby would be the difference maker to help the Bulls secure a playoff seat. He is a great defensive player and rebounder but he has had a history of injuries. I'm not sure if the Bulls are looking to add a player who relies on his jump shots to score points. Basically,he's not you're pro-typical center who makes a living in the paint. Why not make a run for Chris Bosh, he's only 24 years old and a 4 time all star.

“NO MA'AM”

Since: Feb 09

ILLINOIS

#59 Feb 18, 2009
I dont want Camby here, like arif said, injury prone and no offense....thats not what we need....although he is a good defensive player when healthy, he would be like the second coming of Ben Wallace
Tiffany

United States

#60 Feb 18, 2009
marcus camby would be the bulls savior,they need someone up front to block,rebound,and score
clueless

Lake In The Hills, IL

#61 Feb 19, 2009
Damani wrote:
<quoted text>
Really doesn't matter about the coach. The Suns are in the red financially! They still have to pay Porter $4 million so the coaching move does not cut cost! Amare will still be moved!!!!
Really??? with the coaching change the suns scored 140+ each of the past two games. With the new coach change to the uptempo style, no way they will trade Amare now.
Tiffany

United States

#62 Feb 20, 2009
amare didnt get traded,like i knew he would'nt
Greg

Cicero, IL

#63 Feb 20, 2009
When the moon meets your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore

When the ball hits your head and you feel like you're dead
That's Amare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amar'e Stoudemire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff (Apr '14) May '14 bigtool 5
News Amar'e Stoudemire Rumors: What Should New York ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 8
News Chris Paul to the Knicks would be nearly imposs... (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 2
News 2013 NBA Playoffs: Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire to ... (May '13) May '13 Jmar196 1
News NBA Power Rankings: New York Knicks in No Posit... (Dec '12) Dec '12 jake 2
News Felton hopes Knicks fans welcome Lin warmly (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 12
News NY Knicks: Hot Start Proves Carmelo Anthony Bet... (Nov '12) Nov '12 kyu 6
More from around the web