Phoenix Suns enter immigration fray, ...

Phoenix Suns enter immigration fray, to wear 'Los Suns' Jerseys in ...

There are 50 comments on the Daily Breeze story from May 4, 2010, titled Phoenix Suns enter immigration fray, to wear 'Los Suns' Jerseys in .... In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire reacts to his basket against the San Antonio Spurs during the fourth quarter of Game 1 of an NBA second-round playoff basketball series Monday, May 3, 2010, in Phoenix.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Willy

Mountain Top, PA

#46 May 5, 2010
Boycott the Suns.
Tori

Redlands, CA

#48 May 5, 2010
Marco wrote:
"Los Suns"? Shouldn't it be "Los Sols"?
Regardless, kiss your English-speaking, "gringo" fan-base good-bye. More people support Arizona's immigration law than oppose.
Los Soles. The Suns have just joined the party of ignorance!
Willy

Mountain Top, PA

#47 May 5, 2010
Steve Nash is a foreign born player for the Los Suns.

He is from Canada
Country Club Bob

Pleasanton, CA

#49 May 5, 2010
the most FN stupid thing I have ever heard, boycott the game!
Vern

AOL

#51 May 5, 2010
Country Club Bob wrote:
the most FN stupid thing I have ever heard, boycott the game!
Is this what the Suns support?
On Wednesday of this week, two methamphetamine seizes were made by agents from the state Department of Justice Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement. One seizure in Ontario, California brought in drugs worth a street value of $8 million.
According to the San Bernardino Sun newspaper, www.sbsun.com , the agents were armed with search warrants and ]made the bust in the 1,500 block of Palmetto street in Ontario. They arrested 42-year old Marco Alejo after he left the residence.
Department of Justice Special Agent Supervisor Rigo Polanco said, "We haven't found out exactly what his role in the process is other than he was overseeing the methamphetamine". Whether he was a manufacturer or a gang member, authorities don't know.
The second drug bust was in Torrance, California. That seizure came a few hours after the one in Ontario. Jorge Gonzalez and his wife Sarah Altamirano were arrested after agents saw them leave the house. They allegedly had 39 one-pound packages of heroin valued at $8 million in their car, police said.
Agents found 38 pounds of methamphetamine inside their house valued at $3.5 million. The state agency worked with the assistance of local law enforcement in making the arrests.
Wow

Tarzana, CA

#52 May 5, 2010
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. What a joke. Losers. They'll be lucky if their shoe size is as large as their IQs. Morons. Supporting illegal activity in America...dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb!
George

Torrance, CA

#53 May 5, 2010
My understanding is that the elected officials in Arizona just wanted to implement what is already in the Federal Law which is not being implemented because of politics.
Larry

Hilo, HI

#54 May 5, 2010
Dont worry NBA fans, LOS LAKERs will kill any team that they face. whether it be LOS spurs or LOS suns.
Shenia

Phoenix, AZ

#55 May 5, 2010
Since when did politics and sports go hand in hand? I was taken aback when i heard this whole jersey thing. I live in Phoenix, AZ. which the last time i checked was in the United States of America. My whole family are hugh suns fans (or at least we were) and we were always proud of the teams sportsmanship and that they never got involved in such things. I wonder do they understand that they are saying to me, my family, and everyone that supports them unconditionally that they are only everyone's team as long as everyone thinks like them. I and my entire family support this bill simply because we believe if you want to come here and be a productive member of this society then just come in through the front door so to speak. Why would you need to sneak in, your options at that point are limited. It's not racially motivated, it doesn't matter what color you are the police can ask to see documention. Which by the way is the law that you have to carry state issued i.d. with you at all times. So whether your'e from mexico, canada, or even the u.s. the police have the right to ask for i.d.. All wer'e asking for is that AZ's team be just that and not anything more or less. I'm am very sad that I will not be able to watch the rest of the playoffs because i feel that they have said to me and everyone else that it's not the game that matters but thier political views. Steve Nash you are by far the best player in the league and not even from the u.s. you are from canada but you came here the right way that's all wer'e asking from everyone else in the world. You did it why shouldn't they?????
CHIN GONE

Los Alamos, NM

#56 May 5, 2010
The Enforcer wrote:
The Suns are gutless cowards. They're from Phoenix, AZ and should be proud of it. The elected representatives of the state passed a law to fix a problem. 70% of the residents support the law. Now shut up and play basketball.
"LOS SUNS" don't you forget!PENDEJO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amar'e Stoudemire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff (Apr '14) May '14 bigtool 5
News Amar'e Stoudemire Rumors: What Should New York ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 8
News Chris Paul to the Knicks would be nearly imposs... (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 2
News 2013 NBA Playoffs: Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire to ... (May '13) May '13 Jmar196 1
News NBA Power Rankings: New York Knicks in No Posit... (Dec '12) Dec '12 jake 2
News Felton hopes Knicks fans welcome Lin warmly (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 12
News NY Knicks: Hot Start Proves Carmelo Anthony Bet... (Nov '12) Nov '12 kyu 6
More from around the web