Phoenix Suns enter immigration fray, ...

Phoenix Suns enter immigration fray, to wear 'Los Suns' Jerseys in ...

There are 50 comments on the Daily Breeze story from May 4, 2010, titled Phoenix Suns enter immigration fray, to wear 'Los Suns' Jerseys in .... In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire reacts to his basket against the San Antonio Spurs during the fourth quarter of Game 1 of an NBA second-round playoff basketball series Monday, May 3, 2010, in Phoenix.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BeeVee

Oxnard, CA

#1 May 4, 2010
Will they be giving away free play-off tickets to all of the illegals too?

“Quotes don't replace thinking”

Since: Aug 08

Temecula

#2 May 4, 2010
One day I'll look back with fond memories of what once was the United States of America.
JAMES FERGUSON

Clarksville, IN

#3 May 4, 2010
Great idea. Robert Sarver can wear a jersey "El Pendejo".
the king

Ventura, CA

#5 May 4, 2010
Weak!!
Al Sharpton

Boynton Beach, FL

#6 May 4, 2010
Even I think this is pathetic.
Tim Mercer

Denver, CO

#7 May 4, 2010
If "Los Suns" really want to make a statement about what they consider a "flawed state law" then maybe they should refuse to ask any fan who wants to enter the arena to show a ticket. And when those fans want to go down to the premium courtside seats rather than up to the nosebleed section, just let them go on down rather than asking for any documentation to prove they are legally authorized to sit down there. After all, it is racist to verify that they have a right to those seats.

“Just saying”

Since: Feb 09

Springfield, Il.

#8 May 4, 2010
I agree with Tim Mercer's post.
The Enforcer

Orange, CA

#9 May 4, 2010
The Suns are gutless cowards. They're from Phoenix, AZ and should be proud of it. The elected representatives of the state passed a law to fix a problem. 70% of the residents support the law. Now shut up and play basketball.
strohmy

AOL

#10 May 4, 2010
OK how bout this.The White house sits on public land as does Area51 in Nevada lets put together a patriotic picnic for the Forth of July at both venues I wonder if our homeland security dweebs will protect those borders any better then the ones to the south?If they don't lets us in would that not be discrimination?I know you amnesty now folks will say they wouldn't lets us in for security reasons but should we not secure our borders for just that reason?
Marco

Baltimore, MD

#11 May 4, 2010
"Los Suns"? Shouldn't it be "Los Sols"?

Regardless, kiss your English-speaking, "gringo" fan-base good-bye. More people support Arizona's immigration law than oppose.
Willy

Mountain Top, PA

#12 May 4, 2010
Los Stupids
The Truth

United States

#13 May 4, 2010
General Lee Write wrote:
One day I'll look back with fond memories of what once was the United States of America.
I am already looking back on what used to be the USA. The Obama regime is just making it reality for many younger Americans.
The Truth

United States

#14 May 4, 2010
Marco wrote:
"Los Suns"? Shouldn't it be "Los Sols"?
Regardless, kiss your English-speaking, "gringo" fan-base good-bye. More people support Arizona's immigration law than oppose.
Yes, I wonder just how many tickets he thinks he can sell to thoes illegals.
LoathingofSociet y

Los Angeles, CA

#15 May 4, 2010
Arizona don't give up! It's bound to happen. Let it ride and stay true for the real american citizens!

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#16 May 4, 2010
That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard of, talk about inciting the situation.
No Hope For LA

Carson, CA

#17 May 4, 2010
Notice the key words in this article:
owner Robert Sarver said, "to honor our Latino community and the diversity of our league, the state of Arizona, and our nation."
I notice the NBA has not made any alterations to their jerseys to represent any other ethnicity except Latin. This is not a show of support for immigrants and diversity. It is bias and race marketing.
Have you seen any franchise name changes to team jerseys to represent or show so-called diversity to any of the players below?
Dirk Nowitzki - Wurzburg, West Germany [Mavericks]
Serge Ibaka - Brazzaville, Congo [OKC Thunder]
Tony Parker - Bruges, Belgium [Spurs]
Yao Ming - Shanghai, China [Rockets]
Zydrunas Ilgauskas - Kaunas, USSR [Cavaliers]
Sasha Vujacic - Maribor, Yugoslavia [Lakers]
TH3 SAMSTER

Torrance, CA

#18 May 4, 2010
Good Job Sarver, u do have brains after all....but I wonder if this decision is to honor the LATINO community or ur pocket....cause retaliation was on its way....Next step...Los Diamondbacks...
hahaha

La Verne, CA

#21 May 4, 2010
Stick that jersey where the SUN don't shine. What about the rest of us. What are they going to put on the jerseys for the Irish, Chinese, Brits, Iraqi, Russians & so forth. What a punkazz lame. Why don't he call his the Suns (The Border Brothers. Next is he going to reuest that Mexico National Anthem be played instead of Americas. I hope the players refuse. What a GREEDY BAZTARD. Its all about money and he rather put his on country last. At least we know where he stands.
ANON

San Pedro, CA

#22 May 4, 2010
Dumb move Sarber .......... real dumb, my next trip to Arizona will not include a basketball game that's for sure ...... and i will travel there as opposed to any other location that doesn't support them ....
Sun Protester

Anaheim, CA

#23 May 4, 2010
will no longer be viewing the Sun's games in my home. Why should they care with the money they make, they don't need to wait in line for medical, or their kids don't have to sit in a class room falling behind because the illegal brats, future gang bangers don't speak English, or live next to the house with 10 cars parked on the yard of a dark green home with 10 people collecting welfare and drinking all night. What do they have to lose… Deport NOW!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amar'e Stoudemire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff (Apr '14) May '14 bigtool 5
News Amar'e Stoudemire Rumors: What Should New York ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 8
News Chris Paul to the Knicks would be nearly imposs... (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 2
News 2013 NBA Playoffs: Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire to ... (May '13) May '13 Jmar196 1
News NBA Power Rankings: New York Knicks in No Posit... (Dec '12) Dec '12 jake 2
News Felton hopes Knicks fans welcome Lin warmly (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 12
News NY Knicks: Hot Start Proves Carmelo Anthony Bet... (Nov '12) Nov '12 kyu 6
More from around the web