Where does Iverson rank among the all...

Where does Iverson rank among the all-time greats?

There are 11 comments on the WTKR story from Mar 5, 2010, titled Where does Iverson rank among the all-time greats?. In it, WTKR reports that:

Allen Iverson, the NBA star from Hampton's Bethel High School, has parted ways with the Philadelphia 76ers at age 34, prompting speculation that his career is over.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

intheknow

United States

#1 Mar 9, 2010
No where, they should earse all records of him, like OJ and Pete Rose he has been no role model for anyone but a criminal.

Since: Apr 07

United States

#2 Mar 9, 2010
League MVP
Scoring champion
Led his team to the NBA Finals
Perinial All-Star

Guys are in the Hall of Fame for LESS.

Like Dennis Rodman, who has HOF credentials, Iverson will probably never see the Hall. His social problems will make that problematic for years to come, and that is a shame. In my opinion, Iverson is pound for pound, inch for inch, the most dominant offensive player in the history of the game...

Period.
Mouse

Niles, MI

#3 Jul 30, 2010
In TheKnow are you a Dummy? I think so! I agree With Mark but I think he will sooner or later make it to the Hall
Republican

United States

#4 Jul 31, 2010
He not even in the top 50. Did he ever win a championship? Was he a team player? Did he make the players around him better? Did he set a good role model example for his kid fans?
NO.. NO...NO.... and HELL NO!
LOVE

Austin, TX

#5 Aug 3, 2010
ALLEN IVERSON WILL GO DOWN AS THE GREATEST LITTLE MAN IN NBA HISTORY FOR AS LONG AS I HAVE WATCH BASKETBALL I HAVE NEVER SEEN A TALENT LIKE HIS, I HAVE SEEN HIM PUT UP 40 ON MIKE AND 50 ON KOBE I THINK HE IS THE GREATEST AND WILL ALWAYS BE
Mvpbrodie93

Far Rockaway, NY

#6 Aug 3, 2010
Top 30. Top 5 scorer

Since: Apr 07

United States

#7 Aug 10, 2010
Elgin Baylor
Nate Thurmond
Lenny Wilkins
Dave Bing
Bob Lanier
Charles Barkley
Dan Issel
Calvin Murphy
Connie Hawkins
Walt Bellamy
David Thompson
George Gervin
Alex English
Karl Malone
John Stockton

All great players...
None have a NBA Championship beside their names.
Look up all those names and compare their offensive stats against Iverson. Now before you come back with the excuse that they made their teams better, I remind you that there are no championships represented here.

Are you willing to say the same thing about those players listed above, as has been said about Iverson?

I repeat... Iverson at six feet, put a franchise on his back and made them a contender year after year. That they did not win a championship was not his fault, but that of a front office that did not do enough to surround him with a supporting cast to insure a championship. The difference between Jordan and Iverson is that he had Pippen, Rodman, etc.

The difference between Iverson and Magic is that Magic had Kareem. Recall that Magic never won a title after Kareem's retirement. And Bird never won without Parish and McHale.

Iverson did it alone from start to finish. By the time he got to Denver he was a player who was competing against a system he could not produce in.

Basketball is about the sum of its parts. Too bad that Iverson never had players and executives around him as just as good.

Don't hate the player - hate the game.
gerald weathersby

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Aug 10, 2010
see markl5!! that is perfect. Its soooo sad that most peoples thinking on a host of topics from sports to politics is derived from what they see or hear from the media. For example: anyone who believes iverson will not be a firsy ballot hall-of-famer doesnt understand nba basketball. PERIOD. Jordan led the league in scoring 10XS which is unheard of. Off the charts mind boggling statistic. Kobe 1nce. Iverson 4 FREAKIN XS he led the league!! wake up folks. turn your tvs off and THINK for yourselves.
H GOTTi

Apo, AP

#9 Aug 11, 2010
well said i think AI will get in as well, depending on the mood of the voters at the time he becomes available. i also think he can still contribute but he has to get out of his own way. for instance if he went to the lakers to back up fisher, he would get the starting role by all star break.
snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#10 Aug 13, 2010
He will never get in, he is the worst team player ever in the history of basketball.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 13, 2010
Basketball is 5s ,and the football is 11s. I think if a bright player can sense that,I promise he will be a great NBA/Football Player.And he will be appritiated by his team partner all the time!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allen Iverson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allen Iverson Says His Team Would Never Practic... (Nov '14) Nov '14 mrs j 2
News Does Allen Iverson Deserve a Return to the NBA? (Aug '12) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Iverson to hold basketball clinic for adults (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jewel Williams 2
News Allen Iverson jersey retired by Philadelphia 76ers (Mar '14) Mar '14 John bolaris 2
News Do Philadelphia 76ers Need to Draft a Shooting ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 xKINGxDYCEx 2
Howard Eskin (Jul '06) Feb '14 Cuz 2
News Philadelphia 76ers Can Hire Allen Iverson To Re... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jewel Williams 1
More from around the web