Ohio.com - LeBron has Lasik surgery i...

Ohio.com - LeBron has Lasik surgery in Beverly Hills

There are 19 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Ohio.com - LeBron has Lasik surgery in Beverly Hills. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

LeBron James can see clearly now. Over the weekend, James had Lasik eye surgery to improve his vision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Free Throws

Bedford, OH

#1 Sep 13, 2007
Good, maybe he might be able to make more free throws.
Sunny

Akron, OH

#2 Sep 13, 2007
Maybe it will clear his big ole head too - saw old LeBron treat the clerk at the Fairlawn Giant Eagle like she was beneath him. When asked if he had an advantage card he turned around tapped his oversized behind and told her he didn't need it he had money, all with a "don't you know who I am tone". Arrogant idiot. The clerk explained to me that management trains the store associates to treat all customers the same, so she did just that asking him if he had the card even though she did know who he was. He lost 2 fans that day.
ajk

Cleveland, OH

#3 Sep 13, 2007
Sunny wrote:
Maybe it will clear his big ole head too - saw old LeBron treat the clerk at the Fairlawn Giant Eagle like she was beneath him. When asked if he had an advantage card he turned around tapped his oversized behind and told her he didn't need it he had money, all with a "don't you know who I am tone". Arrogant idiot. The clerk explained to me that management trains the store associates to treat all customers the same, so she did just that asking him if he had the card even though she did know who he was. He lost 2 fans that day.
Sonny....you are a d-bag. Learn to take a joke and have a sense of humor. The fact that Lebron was even doing his own shopping, at Giant Eagle nontheless, proves that he is not an "Arrogant idiot".
Chad

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2007
ajk wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonny....you are a d-bag. Learn to take a joke and have a sense of humor. The fact that Lebron was even doing his own shopping, at Giant Eagle nontheless, proves that he is not an "Arrogant idiot".
Good call. He could have very easily sent his private chef or his possy to do his shopping. I think that is awesome that he not only does his own shopping, but at Giant Eagle. Get over your so-so life and get off the dude's back!!
Rob

Akron, OH

#5 Sep 13, 2007
DO NOT SIGN HOUSTON... The Cavs have enough half-butt SGs as it is. Does he upgrade their starting lineup? No. Does even upgrade the bench? Hardly at best.
bigbrodon

Akron, OH

#6 Sep 13, 2007
who cares. i guess he can see to count his money now, so mommy can go buy some crack and a litre of wild irish rose
Tonto Epstein

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Sep 13, 2007
Sunny wrote:
So you're saying that LeBron was deemed ineligible for the "buy one, get one free" lettuce special?
Matt

Gainesville, FL

#8 Sep 13, 2007
He regularly pulls his Hummer up at the front door of target and lets it sit there...but seriously who cares??
He's the only thing going for Cleveland sports these days besides the Tribe...and to the guy that witnessed the exchange I'm sure you also do not remember the basketabll tourneys he hosted, or the run he funds, or the basketball park he built....seriously what a joke..he does alot for this community, get over it jabroni
Sunny D

Northbrook, IL

#9 Sep 13, 2007
Lebron's image speaks for itself! He's a great guy with lots of talent and a heart of gold!
Old Man Grump

Canton, OH

#10 Sep 13, 2007
Sunny D wrote:
Lebron's image speaks for itself! He's a great guy with lots of talent and a heart of gold!
If not for his basketball skills, he would be just another unemployed Akronite living on welfare.
Duke for Mayor

Yorba Linda, CA

#12 Sep 13, 2007
I'm gonna send him one of my cards so I can get his fuels perks. That guy and his posse have gotta eat a lotta food.

woof
Tonto Epstein

Chillicothe, OH

#13 Sep 13, 2007
Sunny D wrote:
His image speaks for itself??? Do you realize just how incredibly dumb your statement is? That's like saying "Triumph of the Will" spoke for itself. The Nazis were simply peachy.

I don't know James. I don't know if he's a great guy, I don't know if he's a schmuck for the ages. But really, for the love of God, take a nice big whiff of some sniffing salts. You might hurt someone.
Tonto Epstein

Chillicothe, OH

#14 Sep 13, 2007
No, make that smelling salts. Sniffing salts is something else.
acie earl

United States

#15 Sep 13, 2007
its interesting that coah brown will go to cska in moscow to watch cool, little people know that cska has one one too/ the top budgets overseas and many nba players from turkey, serbia, and russia has played there, when i was in russia playng i had a chance to go there when my other rusian team tried to trade me but i knew id take a back seat to younger potential players that cska was trying to get drafted www.venomsportstraining.com
X line

Akron, OH

#16 Sep 14, 2007
Uh huh .. go ahead y'all an take the boy outta the ghetto but can't take the ghetto outta the boy. Bron credits ole crack mom Glo for rearin him but never acknowleges the family that really raised him. He can take his hummer and stick it. HA
Maxwell of WMMS

Bedford, OH

#17 Sep 14, 2007
Who really cares? LeBron is a nobody anyhow. Want to talk about it? I'm on the air from 3pm to 7pm.

“At least I'm housebroken.”

Since: Jun 07

Canton, OH

#18 Sep 14, 2007
When did WMMS become a sports talk station employing DJ's that troll message boards for callers?

Maybe you guys should just stick to stuffing the Rolling Stone readers' poll ballot box.

“Tomlinson for MVP!”

Since: Mar 07

H: Barberton/W: Hudson

#19 Sep 14, 2007
The Big Lebowski wrote:
When did WMMS become a sports talk station employing DJ's that troll message boards for callers?
Maybe you guys should just stick to stuffing the Rolling Stone readers' poll ballot box.
From what I know, Maxwell needs all the help he can get. Have you ever listened to his show? It is HORRIBLE! I'm not surprised he's in here trying to drum up more listeners. I also know he's not much of a fan of LeBron.

“At least I'm housebroken.”

Since: Jun 07

Canton, OH

#20 Sep 14, 2007
I haven't listened to WMMS other than for the Brown's games since they started to suck sometime in the late 80's. The owners of that station should have the common decency to change the call letters rather than continuing to ruin a once great legacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allan Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Knicks Interested In Trading For Ja... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
News Knee injury breaksup Knicks' Smitn brothers (Oct '12) Oct '12 Avril L 1
News Knicks To Face Heat In Star-Laden Series (Apr '12) Apr '12 chillbreeze 1
News Well-rested Amar'e is ready for Hollywood (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
News Why did the Interstate 35W bridge fall down? Ev... (Jul '10) Jul '10 ron 2
News Knicks prepare unprecedented star-studded pitch... (May '10) May '10 Rezz909 1
More from around the web