Former Knick Houston again takes shot...

Former Knick Houston again takes shot at comeback

There are 23 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 6, 2008, titled Former Knick Houston again takes shot at comeback. In it, Newsday reports that:

Allan Houston plans to make another attempt at a comeback this fall and it is possible he could get a second try with the Knicks .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
VOR

Bronx, NY

#21 Aug 16, 2008
Unlike many athletes, he is a standup guy. If he is good enough to make the Knicks, what's the problem. Let him try out.

Since: Jan 08

Oakdale, NY

#22 Aug 16, 2008
VOR wrote:
Unlike many athletes, he is a standup guy. If he is good enough to make the Knicks, what's the problem. Let him try out.
Bingo!
I was getting ready to say that, click on page 2, post 21, there it is.
Let him try out. If it looks like he can help, in any 9 man thing, bring him back. Lets face it, Dolans paid Allen well. We ended his career well. I'd go as far to say that Houston and the front office get along so well, money won't be an issue, as Allen will be around one way or another for a long time. So you try him out, if it fits, do it. If not, what did you lose?
VOR

Bronx, NY

#23 Aug 17, 2008
Exactly. And I am guessing the way he carries himself, that he is a good role model, and likely hasn't had a life filled with the social problems many NBAers continue to have even after they've made it.
Ken Strong wrote:
<quoted text>Bingo!
I was getting ready to say that, click on page 2, post 21, there it is.
Let him try out. If it looks like he can help, in any 9 man thing, bring him back. Lets face it, Dolans paid Allen well. We ended his career well. I'd go as far to say that Houston and the front office get along so well, money won't be an issue, as Allen will be around one way or another for a long time. So you try him out, if it fits, do it. If not, what did you lose?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allan Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Knicks Interested In Trading For Ja... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
News Knee injury breaksup Knicks' Smitn brothers (Oct '12) Oct '12 Avril L 1
News Knicks To Face Heat In Star-Laden Series (Apr '12) Apr '12 chillbreeze 1
News Well-rested Amar'e is ready for Hollywood (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
News Why did the Interstate 35W bridge fall down? Ev... (Jul '10) Jul '10 ron 2
News Knicks prepare unprecedented star-studded pitch... (May '10) May '10 Rezz909 1
More from around the web