Former Knick Houston again takes shot...

Former Knick Houston again takes shot at comeback

There are 23 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 6, 2008, titled Former Knick Houston again takes shot at comeback. In it, Newsday reports that:

Allan Houston plans to make another attempt at a comeback this fall and it is possible he could get a second try with the Knicks .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fat albertino

Lodi, NJ

#1 Aug 7, 2008
houston, you have a problem
Marvin Campbell

Harker Heights, TX

#2 Aug 7, 2008
MR Houston stay at home you will be taking up a spot for a young guy and you are 37. If you want to play that bad go a cross the water and play we dont need you and I hope you do not play for the Knicks stay retired and out of the Knicks way
comococo

Bronx, NY

#3 Aug 7, 2008
wow,big news
Prince

Shirley, NY

#4 Aug 7, 2008
Marvin Campbell wrote:
MR Houston stay at home you will be taking up a spot for a young guy and you are 37. If you want to play that bad go a cross the water and play we dont need you and I hope you do not play for the Knicks stay retired and out of the Knicks way
Yeah, cause the knicks are just so much bettter w/o him! If he can be what grant was to the suns, im all for it.
MoJo

New York, NY

#5 Aug 7, 2008
Is Houston playing for the Knicks for free or is he still expecting them to pay tens of millions of dollars for him to do nothing?
KJ from Queens

Atlanta, GA

#6 Aug 7, 2008
I can't stand this guy! He was slow and soft when he was young and healthy....do you think is gotten faster and stronger since surgery and age. Allen and his
$100 million contract started the downfall of the Knicks.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#7 Aug 7, 2008
KJ from Queens wrote:
I can't stand this guy! He was slow and soft when he was young and healthy....do you think is gotten faster and stronger since surgery and age. Allen and his
$100 million contract started the downfall of the Knicks.
Allan Houston is a good man, but KJ is right. When this team gave Houston 100 mill, it was the first of a long string of horrible decisions. Layden was to the Knicks what Mike Jarvis was to St Johns, and Isiah only made things worse.
brooklyn Own

Savannah, GA

#8 Aug 7, 2008
If he can still shoot he's better than 85% of the players on the team thats how bad we are!
brooklyns Own

Savannah, GA

#9 Aug 7, 2008
If he can still shoot Lights out fine cause he's still better than 85% of the team we got now thats just how bad we are nobody on this Knicks team can shoot is half as good as he use to so if he still can I would give him 20 to 25 mins a night
nyk9499

Stormville, NY

#10 Aug 7, 2008
Look.... The Knicks got some pretty good years out of Houston. He was consistently around the 20ppg mark but was an average passer at best,a lousy defender(lets be honest),and a bad rebounder for 6ft6. He drove me nuts for years by not going to the basket more because he was an outstanding freethrow shooter. His stroke is one of the best I've seen and the guy made some big shots over the years, plus I like the guy alot because he's a real pro and good community guy. I have respect for what he's given to the Knicks and have always been a fan of him but at 37 his playing days are done. I'd take a 30 or 32 year old Allan Houston in a heartbeat but not a 37 year old H2O with bum knees. Like another person posted, He would be taking time from young players trying to develop. However he would have positive influences on the young guys with his good attitude,professionalism and leadership.
Lynval Miller

Union, NJ

#11 Aug 7, 2008
BRING HIM BACK!!! This guy would be like an extra coach for the team. He's got integrity, he's a God fearing man and if his knee is okay will play great basketball. He would be a great resource in the locker room. I could go on but I feel confident he will be in training camp with the Knicks because we now have savvy people on the Knicks staff.
the blogfather

AOL

#12 Aug 7, 2008
i'm afraid of god,...
maybe i should play for the knicks.
Great Idea

Orlando, FL

#13 Aug 8, 2008
I so happy we'll be getting Allan Houston back. Now if they could just convince Oakley and Starks to return, it's lights out!!!! Go Knicks!!!!!!!!!!
Jerry

AOL

#14 Aug 9, 2008
Again the average fan doesn't have a clue. They liked the trade to get Randolf, they wanted to get rid of Craw a couple of years back, they liked the Balkman trade. They wanted to trade Randolf for a second round pick. Give me a break. Allan Houston is not only class personified he is one of the best pure shooters in the league. He would open up the middle for Curry and others and would flourish in D'Antoni's game since he could spot up at the 3 while the ball was pushed up the court. Even 10 to 20 minutes a game would be a big boost. A 2 year contract should suffice. Allan doesn't need the money so they could work out a deal for both. For all those who were trying to get under the salary cap for Lebron, he'll be in Moscow making 50 mill. on his way to making himself a worldwide icon. Forget Lebron. We should have went after Brand, he was the player to get this year. Donnie I still think you are going to regret the Balkman deal big time.
the blogfather

AOL

#15 Aug 9, 2008
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Allan Houston is a good man, but KJ is right. When this team gave Houston 100 mill, it was the first of a long string of horrible decisions. Layden was to the Knicks what Mike Jarvis was to St Johns, and Isiah only made things worse.
no, the first mistake was not just letting ewing go, when his contract expired. then they started trading for the luc longleys, glen rices, shandon andersons, and harold eisleys of the world.
the bad feedback they got for letting patrick leave, and the awful players they obtained subsequently, forced them to re-sign houston for max money. he was their only star at that point. but he was never going to be able to play up to the expectations you would demand of a max-money player.
walsh and d'antoni must shed more contracts and the uncoachable players on this roster.
like bob marley says "the only solution is total destruction"
69 knicks fan

Taylorsville, NC

#16 Aug 12, 2008
Who's next, Clyde?????
Biju

Stamford, CT

#17 Aug 13, 2008
While it would be nice to have a shooter and locker room presence like Allan Houston to the Knicks, he's just not what the Knicks need. I would love to trade Nate Robinson for J.J Reddick and we get a young spot up shooter. The contracts work in a straight up trade as well. We should also trade Zach Randolph and cash to Sacramento for Brad Miller (2 years left on his deal) and Patrick Ewing Jr. Its time to make some moves already!

Since: Aug 08

New York, NY

#18 Aug 13, 2008
At the marketing company I work for, I saw these commercials online for the Nike Hyperdunks.
Maybe he just needs these?

http://www.mixercast.com/apps/custom/nike_sho...
jeff 123

Atlanta, GA

#19 Aug 14, 2008
Give itup Alan, you have lost your game.
Kevim

Pitman, NJ

#20 Aug 16, 2008
Allan deserves to come back to New York. I miss him on the Knicks. He can give them a winning season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allan Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
News Knee injury breaksup Knicks' Smitn brothers (Oct '12) Oct '12 Avril L 1
News Knicks To Face Heat In Star-Laden Series (Apr '12) Apr '12 chillbreeze 1
News Well-rested Amar'e is ready for Hollywood (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
News Why did the Interstate 35W bridge fall down? Ev... (Jul '10) Jul '10 ron 2
News Knicks prepare unprecedented star-studded pitch... (May '10) May '10 Rezz909 1
News All-Star Game snub for Knicks' David Lee (Feb '10) Feb '10 Devoted Fan 1
More from around the web