Because of you, Garden does what it w...

Because of you, Garden does what it wants -

There are 18 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 27, 2007, titled Because of you, Garden does what it wants -. In it, Newsday reports that:

In the final analysis, all Madison Square Garden had to lose was money. That is why anyone who was wondering why on earth the Garden and its autocratic boss, Jim Dolan, would subject itself to the public ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Waterbury, CT

#1 Sep 27, 2007
tells you a lot about those who purchase tickets for those games.wonder how they would react were it a member of their family being treated in that manner?
Natalie

Jackson Heights, NY

#2 Sep 27, 2007
Well, if you love basketball, or you've been a fan of the Knicks for 10, 15, 20+ years, if you remember Ewing being a #1 pick or Reed hobbling back on to the floor -- why should you have that taken away from you because the people currently running the show are jerks? Or because the coach is on trial (and although probably guilty as sin, he is still not guilty until that jury returns with a verdict to the contrary). Why should you give up watching your favorite team playing the game you love because one tacky guard slept with some silly young intern in his truck? What does that have to do with being a fan of basketball? As a Liberty season ticket holder, it would take an awful lot for me to give up my summers of WNBA basketball. I can't imagine what. I miss it already! I'm just glad that Jim Dolan barely knows the Liberty are playing in his building. That's probably a really good thing for the team.
Reality

Lawndale, NC

#3 Sep 28, 2007
Natalie wrote:
Well, if you love basketball, or you've been a fan of the Knicks for 10, 15, 20+ years, if you remember Ewing being a #1 pick or Reed hobbling back on to the floor -- why should you have that taken away from you because the people currently running the show are jerks? Or because the coach is on trial (and although probably guilty as sin, he is still not guilty until that jury returns with a verdict to the contrary). Why should you give up watching your favorite team playing the game you love because one tacky guard slept with some silly young intern in his truck? What does that have to do with being a fan of basketball? As a Liberty season ticket holder, it would take an awful lot for me to give up my summers of WNBA basketball. I can't imagine what. I miss it already! I'm just glad that Jim Dolan barely knows the Liberty are playing in his building. That's probably a really good thing for the team.
this ain't your mother's Knicks anymore....everything you said was true, but does this team in ANY way resemble the past teams, with their character....teamwork....etc?. .nope..Zeke and Dolan have ruined this franchise and made it a joke..year ten of the rebuilding process continues......
slang711

Rego Park, NY

#4 Sep 28, 2007
Your article sounds like envy (I guess you wish you had some of that money or better yet, corporate power, but I'm sure you'll make up for it by writing futile, ineffectual and unimpressive articles such as this one)!
Joe

East Quogue, NY

#5 Sep 28, 2007
It would be cool if we had real competition among cable companies. Not just cable versus satellite or Verizon. I mean competition in which customers could chose between, say, Cablevision, Time Warner or Comcast, instead of each area being served by a monopoly.And the monopolys would oppose that, because they are all in cahoots.
Bob

Ann Arbor, MI

#6 Sep 28, 2007
After almost 40 years of being a loyal Knicks fan, I have come to the point where I cant watch them anymore. Not until Cablevision sells the team or Charles Dolan comes to his senses and gives his spoiled brat of a son another toy to break. I'm not holding my breath.
Jon

United States

#7 Sep 28, 2007
Um, Rangers are looking pretty good right now, Wally. I say this as a Devils fan too.
Wilson - Michigan

Holland, MI

#8 Sep 28, 2007
I'm not surprised of your biased comments with regards to this matter. Most sportswriters in NY newspapers are Jim Dolan haters. We, the Knicks fans and readers, just want to know the truth. Sexual Harassment is a serious crime in the corporate world. However, corporations are just like us individuals. We are also required to defend ourselves from money-grabbers. Whose main concern is purely convenience. Ms. Sanders job was in jeopardy so she conveniently made up a weak case against her bosses. Just to make her life after MSG, conveniently rich.
Jay

New York, NY

#9 Sep 28, 2007
Are you aware that this is the third time you've written this column?

You are the laziest columnist in New York.
Jay

Ramsey, NJ

#10 Sep 28, 2007
What a wacky and biased commentary! One one hand you concede that Sanders is money grabbing, but they should just pay to keep it quiet?!
Please! That's blackmail in it's true form, and I commend Dolan for having the balls to fight it.
The other issues you bring up are so weak. If you're running a business why would you want competition in your backgroung? MSG was just doing business to fight the West Side Stadium. Business, pure business.
You really do come across as jealous! Get a life!
RAG CONTRACTION

Newark, NJ

#11 Sep 28, 2007
James Dolan is the one claiming ninety seven percent of corporate Rag fans re-upped tickets.

Rags are a total joke in NYC and invisible.

Islanders are NYC team.
Sandi

United States

#12 Sep 28, 2007
First of all, slang711 this is a COLUMN not an article.

Blaming the fans for Dolan's Animal House management style is a load of crap. Blame Daddy Dolan for raising a spoiled classless creep and abandoning his corporate responsibilities.
If he wanted to retire or move on to other things he should have made sure that the entities he worked so hard to build were left in professional hands. Set sonny boy up with a trust fund and season tickets and keep him out of the office. It's pretty hard to believe he doesn't know what a blow hard his son is.
Spencer

United States

#13 Sep 28, 2007
Time to root for the Nets!
Puckhead

Waterbury, CT

#14 Sep 28, 2007
RAG CONTRACTION wrote:
James Dolan is the one claiming ninety seven percent of corporate Rag fans re-upped tickets.
Rags are a total joke in NYC and invisible.
Islanders are NYC team.
Islanders??? In NYC????? Are you for real? I'll tell you what's invisible, it's all the people going to the Mausoleum. Know how I know? Because you can still see the seats through them.

What? You mean no one's in them?? Oh...
half-true

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Sep 28, 2007
The highest priced seats go to corporations and high-end clientele that renew without consideration.
slang711

Rego Park, NY

#16 Sep 29, 2007
Sandi Wrote:
“First of all, slang711 this is a COLUMN not an article.
Blaming the fans for Dolan's Animal House management style is a load of crap. Blame Daddy Dolan for raising a spoiled classless creep and abandoning his corporate responsibilities.
If he wanted to retire or move on to other things he should have made sure that the entities he worked so hard to build were left in professional hands. Set sonny boy up with a trust fund and season tickets and keep him out of the office. It's pretty hard to believe he doesn't know what a blow hard his son is.”

Sandi, is this better?
Your response (I'm sorry, I mean column) sounds like envy (I guess you wish you had some of that money or better yet, corporate power, but I'm sure you'll make up for it by writing futile, ineffectual and unimpressive articles such as this one)!

/all smileys:cloned animals/CURSES/biggrin.gif
Lee - Seaford NY

Paterson, NJ

#17 Sep 29, 2007
Unfortunately, too many ignorant people [including the author, Wallace Matthews] believe sexual harrassment suits are about "rolling the dice here, and hoping to cash in." DO YOUR RESEARCH. Although difficult to prove, most harassment suits are true. Only a small % of victims come forward because the emotional and detrimental toll on the victim's family and career lasts long after any verdict is reached. It is sad that so many believe a woman would choose to put herself and family through this torture for the sake of the "Benjamin".
weh

United States

#18 Oct 1, 2007
I second Lee- Seaford's comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allan Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Knicks Interested In Trading For Ja... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
News Knee injury breaksup Knicks' Smitn brothers (Oct '12) Oct '12 Avril L 1
News Knicks To Face Heat In Star-Laden Series (Apr '12) Apr '12 chillbreeze 1
News Well-rested Amar'e is ready for Hollywood (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
News Why did the Interstate 35W bridge fall down? Ev... (Jul '10) Jul '10 ron 2
News Knicks prepare unprecedented star-studded pitch... (May '10) May '10 Rezz909 1
More from around the web