New GM Walsh has patience, smarts to ...

New GM Walsh has patience, smarts to fix Knicks -- Wages and Pe...

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 3, 2008, titled New GM Walsh has patience, smarts to fix Knicks -- Wages and Pe.... In it, Newsday reports that:

Please, people. Give him a pass. It was his first day on the job. All the travel and meetings and interviews and the moment finally caught up with him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

troyboy

United States

#1 Apr 3, 2008
Do you think the Knicks would be smart in drafting Deandre Jordan and allowing him to develop while waiting for their "unecessary" contracts to expire? The way I see it is he'll have 2-3 seasons to really develop, looking from the outside in, they'll probably be back in the lottery, so they'll have a shot at a "drama-free" point guard and can find some new players. Personally I'd keep Wilson Chandler, Robinson and maybe Crawford.
Bob

Lake Wales, FL

#2 Apr 3, 2008
Its not just the salary cap, Walsh has to use
the next three years to salvage the Knicks reputation from the front office to the Garden floor.

Lebron or any other top tier talent wouldn't
be interested in being a Knick if it were the same dysfunctional franchise.

Three years without a coaching carousel, Dolan's in-house spies making trouble, no major drama in the papers (there will be some, the NY press needs its fix), no
more bloated contracts and last but not least...

NO ISIAH!
troyboy

United States

#3 Apr 3, 2008
Bob wrote:
Its not just the salary cap, Walsh has to use
the next three years to salvage the Knicks reputation from the front office to the Garden floor.
Lebron or any other top tier talent wouldn't
be interested in being a Knick if it were the same dysfunctional franchise.
Three years without a coaching carousel, Dolan's in-house spies making trouble, no major drama in the papers (there will be some, the NY press needs its fix), no
more bloated contracts and last but not least...
NO ISIAH!
Do you think the Knicks would be smart in drafting Deandre Jordan and allowing him to develop while waiting for their "unecessary" contracts to expire? The way I see it is he'll have 2-3 seasons to really develop, looking from the outside in, they'll probably be back in the lottery, so they'll have a shot at a "drama-free" point guard and can find some new players. Personally I'd keep Wilson Chandler, Robinson and maybe Crawford.
Bob

Lake Wales, FL

#4 Apr 3, 2008
troyboy wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think the Knicks would be smart in drafting Deandre Jordan and allowing him to develop while waiting for their "unecessary" contracts to expire? The way I see it is he'll have 2-3 seasons to really develop, looking from the outside in, they'll probably be back in the lottery, so they'll have a shot at a "drama-free" point guard and can find some new players. Personally I'd keep Wilson Chandler, Robinson and maybe Crawford.
There are people here who know more about Jordan than I do to be honest, Ive read some mixed reviews about him.

I like your idea of developing draft picks and the younger players while the Knicks get under the cap.

I would give Nate one more season, Crawford should stick around unless we get a good offer for him. Lee should stay as well, a good role player doesn't make the headlines much but are essential to building a championship team and Lee fits the bill IMO.

Haven't seen Chandler play enough to comment.

If Isiah is out I will be getting the NBA league pass for the first time in a few years and Ill be able to catch all the Knick games next season. Do your thing Walsh!
gary

Hackensack, NJ

#5 Apr 3, 2008
Too bad the Knicks don't own there own 2010 #1 pick due from the 2004 Marbury trade.
troyboy

United States

#6 Apr 3, 2008
gary wrote:
Too bad the Knicks don't own there own 2010 #1 pick due from the 2004 Marbury trade.
I'm from Brooklyn and didn't think it was such a good idea. They had a lot of decent draft picks, minus the Scott Layden Era - passing up on Ron Artest? They need to waive most of the roster - if they can.

“E Pluribus F&P!”

Since: Jan 08

Floral Park

#7 Apr 3, 2008
But you know what, it's still all a crap shoot. Look at the Bulls, after Jordan retired they never took on a lot of contracts and tried to develop young talent, just like we want walsh to do. I think they've made the playoffs once in the past 10 years.
troyboy

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2008
Old School Mets Fan wrote:
But you know what, it's still all a crap shoot. Look at the Bulls, after Jordan retired they never took on a lot of contracts and tried to develop young talent, just like we want walsh to do. I think they've made the playoffs once in the past 10 years.
Yeah, they gotta bring in someone who can help bring them up - soon! They are worse than the Channel 9 WWOR Knicks (Eddie Lee Wilkins, Rory Sparrow & 'em. Before #33) You don't do your franchise player like that!!! A point guard with like mentality, a frontline that plays D and some guards who guard! Keeping Kobe under 30 pts. and splitting a season series with Boston. Convince D-Wade you want to build around him - he's too good to miss the playoffs. Any suggestions for a starting lineup?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allan Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Knicks Interested In Trading For Ja... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
News Knee injury breaksup Knicks' Smitn brothers (Oct '12) Oct '12 Avril L 1
News Knicks To Face Heat In Star-Laden Series (Apr '12) Apr '12 chillbreeze 1
News Well-rested Amar'e is ready for Hollywood (Jan '11) Jan '11 The DEWD 1
News Why did the Interstate 35W bridge fall down? Ev... (Jul '10) Jul '10 ron 2
News Knicks prepare unprecedented star-studded pitch... (May '10) May '10 Rezz909 1
More from around the web