Report: Timberwolves agree to deal with Ridnour

With so many baby-faced players on a roster that is in the middle of a massive overhaul, team president David Kahn put a priority on adding some experience to help the young Minnesota Timberwolves grow together. Full Story
Bill

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 14, 2010
Seriously, does anyone really care about the T-Wolves -- other than the players families and the beat writers that HAVE to cover them? They won't be able to give tickets away next year.
America the Great

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 14, 2010
Just when I thought nobody, absolutely nobody, could be worst than the Ostrich, Kevin McHale, this nut, General Khan, proved me wrong.

Who on this roster remotely scares you, on the court, in a dark alley, or in the worst ghetto you could find? I mean, c'mon, Luke can't shoot Ridnour? He just lost his job last season to Brandon Jennings. How does he help us get better?
What advice could he possibly give Johnny Flynn or Ricky Rubio, or my neighbor next door?

Who starts this any way? Beasley, K-love, Flynn, Ridnour, Johnson or Brewer, Milicic or some one with a pulse? Good God. We might win a total of 5 games with this roster.
DD Austin

Jackson, MS

#3 Jul 14, 2010
Sessions will be the next happiest NBA player to Al Jefferson. Why? He's getting outta Dodge - duhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Anywhere is better than playing for a pathetic perpetual loser! ;(

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 14, 2010
Bill wrote:
Seriously, does anyone really care about the T-Wolves -- other than the players families and the beat writers that HAVE to cover them? They won't be able to give tickets away next year.
Bill....if you don't care, why do you read the article and post something stupid?
Jonboy

Saint Michael, MN

#5 Jul 14, 2010
Why in the world would the Wolves pickup a non starter from another team and then over pay him $16 million, and he will still probably not start?? Dont make much sense.
TC Florida

United States

#6 Jul 14, 2010
Ridnour is a big step up from Sessions. This is an improvement for the Wolves, although it better not be the last move!
Mike

Saint Cloud, MN

#7 Jul 14, 2010
Ridnour is 29. By the time Rubio joins the team, he'll be on the backside of his career. He's a stopgap at best, with experience, which this team needs a little of.
J-Rod

United States

#8 Jul 14, 2010
Ridnour is a step up from both Flynn and Sessions. If the Wolves plan on being a running team, he would fit the style better. Plus, he dishes it out. He averaged just as many assists as Flynn in fewer minutes and his AST/TO ratio is twice Flynn's. I don't get why people are saying he can't shoot, his FG% last year was 48%, pretty good for a PG.
Team of 1707

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jul 14, 2010
Cool hand Luke, Not a horrible move... Great back up. Average starter.. if it comes to that. If you are gonna have any vet on a young team, point guard is the best position for one.
I'm not a fan of all our moves this summer (i.e. Darko & Jefferson), but I can admit we don't look like a 15 win team anymore. I'm not saying we look 40 win good.. I'm just saying it will be much better. Last year was the worst I have ever seen!!! And I've been a sad fan since 89, so the changes are very much welcomed. Just let the boys play, and hope RUBIO's mom lets him play in the cold next year.
clueless

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Jul 14, 2010
wolves should try and get out of owing clippers a first.
maybe send them the trade exemption from utah trade.
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#11 Jul 15, 2010
I have sort of a wait and see attitude about Ridnour. I haven't seen him play enough to make any decision. Also - what a player does on one team does not necessarily mean he does the same with another team/coach/system. Losing a starting job to B. Jennings isn't exactly a knock on your playing ability. Jennings was going to be a starter no matter where he went - except maybe the Suns, Lakers or Spurs.
TruthHurts

Minnetonka, MN

#14 Jul 15, 2010
For all of you having problems with this pickup, please tell the rest of us who we should have grabbed who would actually sign a contract with us.

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jul 15, 2010
America the Great wrote:
Just when I thought nobody, absolutely nobody, could be worst than the Ostrich, Kevin McHale, this nut, General Khan, proved me wrong.
Who on this roster remotely scares you, on the court, in a dark alley, or in the worst ghetto you could find? I mean, c'mon, Luke can't shoot Ridnour? He just lost his job last season to Brandon Jennings. How does he help us get better?
What advice could he possibly give Johnny Flynn or Ricky Rubio, or my neighbor next door?
Who starts this any way? Beasley, K-love, Flynn, Ridnour, Johnson or Brewer, Milicic or some one with a pulse? Good God. We might win a total of 5 games with this roster.
Worse than McHale? Really? Worse than the guy who gave $25-30 million to Marko Jaric, Troy Hudson, and Trenton Hassell? Worse than the guy who traded Brandon Roy for Randy Foye and $1 million? Worse than the guy who drafted Ndudi Frickin' Ebi? You think that getting this franchise out of the hole McHale left it in is going to come quickly? This team is already better than last year, even though that's not saying much. Give Kahn some time and some slack at this point.
Enough

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jul 15, 2010
Another worthless signing by a clueless exec. Im pining for McHale to come back.(*throws up in mouth a little*) At least he would have drafted Cousins prolly instead of Johnson. Cousins will be a beast for years to come while Johnson will be just another SF. Ive had it w/ this team. Good riddance!
Enough

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jul 15, 2010
Go_Ponies wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than McHale? Really? Worse than the guy who gave $25-30 million to Marko Jaric, Troy Hudson, and Trenton Hassell? Worse than the guy who traded Brandon Roy for Randy Foye and $1 million? Worse than the guy who drafted Ndudi Frickin' Ebi?
lol yes.......This is and/or will be worse.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#18 Jul 15, 2010
Enough wrote:
Another worthless signing by a clueless exec. Im pining for McHale to come back.(*throws up in mouth a little*) At least he would have drafted Cousins prolly instead of Johnson. Cousins will be a beast for years to come while Johnson will be just another SF. Ive had it w/ this team. Good riddance!
Glad your not the GM 'Enough'! You would be worse than McHale! How do you know if Cousins will be bette? The season doesn't start until this fall. Clueless signing? Look at the other contracts in the league. This is almost a steal. Ridnour can dish all day long!
what the f

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jul 17, 2010
Luke was a backup for sessions with the bucks. how is this anyway in the world going to be better for the team that just signed a backup of our backup two years ago.
The Hoopsguru

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jul 18, 2010
Ridnour is a great fit and Kahn OWNS Webber...
Not a believer

San Diego, CA

#22 Jul 23, 2010
Go_Ponies wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than McHale? Really? Worse than the guy who gave $25-30 million to Marko Jaric, Troy Hudson, and Trenton Hassell? Worse than the guy who traded Brandon Roy for Randy Foye and $1 million? Worse than the guy who drafted Ndudi Frickin' Ebi? You think that getting this franchise out of the hole McHale left it in is going to come quickly? This team is already better than last year, even though that's not saying much. Give Kahn some time and some slack at this point.
When I guy is trading HIS own draft picks this quickly (on draft night no less), acquiring and signing backups to huge contracts...yeah we are saying he's as terrible. When a GM is already making moves to replace his top 6 overall pick the next year, even HE is admitting his decision making is terrible.
Not a believer

San Diego, CA

#23 Jul 23, 2010
New breaking news:

GM David Kahn trades entire roster and ALL future 1st and 2nd round picks for next 20 years to Clippers for a bag of 'magic beans', some candle wax, a 'hunk of string', some already chewed gum, one 'steelie', and a piece of taffy.

Kahn was reportedly seen showing his 'haul' to a group of dis-believing onlookers, jumping around wildly, and exclaiming: "Now I've made the trade I've always wanted to."



Later, there were unconfirmed additional reports of some men coming in white coats and putting Mr. Kahn in an odd-fitting white coat before placing him in the back of a van and taking him away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Players Who Will Be Grossly Overpaid (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ginobili 4
Kanter (23 points, 22 rebounds) leads Jazz in rout (Mar '13) Mar '13 cold cat 1
NBA's first 4OT game since 1997 (Mar '12) Mar '12 Marissa 2 1
Utah Jazz fall apart quickly in season-opening ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 jeff 1
Jazz steamroll Timberwolves, but Kevin Love res... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the real just ano... 8
New Year - New Optimism (Jan '11) Jan '11 Raheeda 1
Jazz 112, Timberwolves 107: Minnesota blows 12-... (Dec '10) Dec '10 the real just ano... 3
More from around the web