Tough times are ahead

Full story: San Bernardino County Sun

Now it gets tougher. Now the Lakers face a team that might actually beat them. Their schedule so far has been marshmallow soft, especially the past three games.
Comments
1 - 20 of 37 Comments Last updated Dec 14, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aaron M

Rialto, CA

#1 Nov 26, 2010
Why is this front page news?
hunkie boy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2 Nov 26, 2010
WHo CARES THEY STILL GET PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, SKID ROW, THE SOUP KITCHEN NOT ONE LAKER CONTRIBUTED ONE TURKEY!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“DJ Kratos in da house!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 26, 2010
hunkie boy wrote:
WHo CARES THEY STILL GET PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, SKID ROW, THE SOUP KITCHEN NOT ONE LAKER CONTRIBUTED ONE TURKEY!
and if they would have, you would support them today?

Please...

Thats just one more excuse to hate on them.

You're the same MORON who cried about racism after the Lakers disposed of that worthless BUST Sun Yue...

As I recall, you claimed Kobe and Phil were fascist "mussolini-Like" monsters that hated Asians..LOL

As you sit on your high horse, tell me: how many hours -DID YOU- commit to at the shelter/church to feed the hungry, hmmm?

Thought so.

I know I did my ANNUAL Thanksgiving Meals on Wheels drive...

Some people complain and do nothing, they figure that in whining about the issue, they've done their good deed as a humanitarian.

Anyway, Im sure you'll find more excuses to vilify the Lakers Mr. "Bad Boy", JEALOUS, bitter people usually do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
hunkie boy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#4 Nov 26, 2010
Above you have me mixed with someone else as far as saying anthing about phil, racist? yes!
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#6 Dec 1, 2010
hunkie boy wrote:
Above you have me mixed with someone else as far as saying anthing about phil, racist? yes!
If you know whats good for you, perhaps your make up turkey drive can be xmas now..Kratos doesn't forget a thing. Very well tuned fellow.
hunkie boy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Dec 2, 2010
sammy from one canuck to another canuck, go to Banff take up deer goosing be good for you.
Pistons Eat Poop

Madison, IN

#8 Dec 2, 2010
This 4-game losing streak could be the end of Kobe's dynasty especially because the Lakers managed to lose to the Grizzlies and Pacers.
Pistons Eat Poop

Madison, IN

#9 Dec 2, 2010
Aaron M wrote:
Why is this front page news?
Because the Lakers have gone on a 4 game losing streak last time that happened they lost in the first round of the NBA playoffs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“DJ Kratos in da house!”

Location hidden

#10 Dec 2, 2010
Pistons Eat Poop wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Lakers have gone on a 4 game losing streak last time that happened they lost in the first round of the NBA playoffs.
"The last time..."

C'mon, 18 & done, You really going off that?

Those fun-filled stats dont mean Chit today.

You're wrong about the outcome just like you're wrong about the Miami Heat slaughtering the Lakers or even making it to the finals.

Look what happened last season during the month of march...LA lost consecutive games to Indiana, Miami and Charlotte; they were 9-6.

The following month, they were 3-4....the Media and gullible fans were already calling LA's demise as you are now.

This is the lakers, Im not particularly happy about it but, I know they'll get the job done, back 2 back...cant argue with results.

It's LA/Boston again in a 7 game series,barring significant injury.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pistons Eat Poop

Madison, IN

#11 Dec 3, 2010
Kratos_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The last time..."
C'mon, 18 & done, You really going off that?
Those fun-filled stats dont mean Chit today.
You're wrong about the outcome just like you're wrong about the Miami Heat slaughtering the Lakers or even making it to the finals.
Look what happened last season during the month of march...LA lost consecutive games to Indiana, Miami and Charlotte; they were 9-6.
The following month, they were 3-4....the Media and gullible fans were already calling LA's demise as you are now.
This is the lakers, Im not particularly happy about it but, I know they'll get the job done, back 2 back...cant argue with results.
It's LA/Boston again in a 7 game series,barring significant injury.
Hey man all I gotta say THE STATS ARE THE FACTS and that is why Kobe WILL NEVER GO BACK TO AN NBA FINALS!!!!!! I mean come on Phil Jackson couldn't even win an NBA finals after a 4-game losing streak with Michael Jordan do you really think he can do it with Kobe???? And if you think Kobe is better then Jordan then you just don't know chit about basketball.

OK, fun filled stats don't mean chit today, that's why Kobe had a great 2007 season (the last time Phil Jackson lost 4 straight) and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

The Pacers started the season ranked in the bottom 5, there not that good they only beat the Lakers because they played like chit and if the Lakers play like that in the playoffs which could happen they won't go anywhere. And Charlotte come one man they suck just about as bad as the Pacers they have Stephen "Just Shoot Me" Jackson at SG all that idiot ever does is make hi s team play worst. He is the reason the Bob Cats got swept in the NBA playoffs last season. And Miami is only one game above 500.

So congratulations your team lost 4 straight to a team that isn't that good, a team that got swept in the playoffs last season and was lucky to be in the playoffs and a team that should be below 500 and didn't your Lakers also get beat by the Grizzlies in that 4-game losing streak who have only had what one playoff appearance in their 15 year franchise history? I don't think championship team lose to teams like that.

And yes I will admit I'm wrong about the Heat, but honestly I could care less (team's like the Magic ,Jazz, Bucks, Suns and Pacers deserve an NBA title way more anyways (and no I'm not a Jazz, Suns or Magic, or Bucks fan) I just really really hate the Lakers all they ever do is win because they can buy everyone else's talent, have a rapist on their team, and get away wit the most god awful unfair trades only because their the Lakers they make the NBA so unfair. They don't deserve to go to the finals which looks pretty good this season thanks to Phil's 4 game losing streak.

And I highly doubt the Celtics make it back to the finals considering the fact that Shaq ever since leaving Miami has just made all his team's worst in the playoffs. And I don't think Hell.A. will be in the finals either thanks to a 4-game losing streak meaning this season the NBA finals are wide open it's anyones game except for the Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics.

So agian the Stats are the fact and that is why the Lakers aren't going anywhere this season!!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
hunkie boy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#12 Dec 3, 2010
whats the difference between Kobie and Willie horton? money.
John

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 3, 2010
hunkie boy wrote:
sammy from one canuck to another canuck, go to Banff take up deer goosing be good for you.
Hey Hunkie ..go f yourself..you are embarassing us fellow Americans..you are nothing but a disgrace..jack ass
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#14 Dec 3, 2010
hunkie boy wrote:
Kiss my azz
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#15 Dec 3, 2010
John wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Hunkie ..go f yourself..you are embarassing us fellow Americans..you are nothing but a disgrace..jack ass
wow at least some one has dignity.
Pistons Eat Poop

Madison, IN

#16 Dec 4, 2010
John wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Hunkie ..go f yourself..you are embarassing us fellow Americans..you are nothing but a disgrace..jack ass
Why, because he is right about a team everyone knows is going to choke in the NBA playoffs?

“DJ Kratos in da house!”

Location hidden

#17 Dec 4, 2010
Pistons Eat Poop wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man all I gotta say THE STATS ARE THE FACTS and that is why Kobe WILL NEVER GO BACK TO AN NBA FINALS!!!!!! I mean come on Phil Jackson couldn't even win an NBA finals after a 4-game losing streak with Michael Jordan do you really think he can do it with Kobe????
The Stats are Factual on what happened in the PAST in that regard, that doesnt mean that will happen TODAY as there are many variables to consider, particularly the talent. Do I think he can do it with Kobe? YES, Kobe AND the rest of the DEEP squad on the TEAM.
Pistons Eat Poop wrote:
And if you think Kobe is better then Jordan then you just don't know chit about basketball.
Better is a relative term but, I watched Jordans game very closely and sat courtside through the finals Vs the Sonics...Jordan was better at certain aspects than Kobe and Vice versa. Insert Kobe in Mike's time and you dont think he would win championships???
Pistons Eat Poop wrote:
OK, fun filled stats don't mean chit today, that's why Kobe had a great 2007 season (the last time Phil Jackson lost 4 straight) and lost in the first round of the playoffs.
Ummm, Its not a one man show big guy, Its a TEAM sport so it depends on who Kobe or any other superstar has around them.

Your comparing a $hitty, injury ridden Lakers to todays championship primed team. In 07', starting in January, The lakers were 8-7 with 3 games lost in a row, in February, 5-7 with 6 LOSSES IN A ROW, in March, 5 wins 9 LOSSES with the 1st 7 CONSECUTIVE games lost! in April, 4 wins, 6 LOSSES with 4 LOSSES IN A ROW...

Do you still stand by those stats of yesteryear in comparison with TODAYS team LOL!
Pistons eat poop wrote:
And yes I will admit I'm wrong about the Heat, but honestly I could care less (team's like the Magic ,Jazz, Bucks, Suns and Pacers deserve an NBA title way more anyways (and no I'm not a Jazz, Suns or Magic, or Bucks fan) I just really really hate the Lakers all they ever do is win because they can buy everyone else's talent, have a rapist on their team, and get away wit the most god awful unfair trades only because their the Lakers they make the NBA so unfair.
Weren't you the same one who was professing the Miami Heats greatness and raved about them being the best?

Am I wrong when I say Pat riley pulled off a "STEAL" aquiring LBJ & Bosh to pair with Wade who is arguably one of the BEST players in the league? like that "steal", like that "talent"? LOL

or does that not fall under "unfair trades"????
Pistons Eat Poop wrote:
They don't deserve to go to the finals which looks pretty good this season thanks to Phil's 4 game losing streak.
The teams that make it there, deserve to be there, if it were based on your opinion of kobe's personal life, than they wouldnt, but they were there as a result of talent and will.
Pistons Eat Poop wrote:
And I highly doubt the Celtics make it back to the finals considering the fact that Shaq ever since leaving Miami has just made all his team's worst in the playoffs.

Shaq is averaging 11.9ppg, 6.6rpg and 0.6bpg on 22.8mpg

Thats pretty good considering his age!

Celtics are 15-4 thus far with Shaq, Last season at this point, they were, oh, wouldnt you know it...15-4 ALSO..and did they go to the finals??? Hmmm???
Pistons Eat Poop wrote:
And I don't think Hell.A. will be in the finals either thanks to a 4-game losing streak meaning this season the NBA finals are wide open it's anyones game except for the Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics.
So agian the Stats are the fact and that is why the Lakers aren't going anywhere this season!!!!!!!
There is alot which you've "thought" which hasnt exactly panned out has it? I think we can put the stat thing to bed already no?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“DJ Kratos in da house!”

Location hidden

#18 Dec 4, 2010
Pistons Eat Poop wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, because he is right about a team everyone knows is going to choke in the NBA playoffs?
You mean like the way you thought the Saints were gonna choke in the SB?

Turns out, it was the other way around now wasnt it? LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pistons Eat Poop

Madison, IN

#21 Dec 6, 2010
Kratos_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the way you thought the Saints were gonna choke in the SB?
Turns out, it was the other way around now wasnt it? LOL
I never said the Saints would choke in the superbowl either way you look at it Kobe is done winning NBA finals.
Pistons Eat Poop

Madison, IN

#22 Dec 6, 2010
Kratos_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Stats are Factual on what happened in the PAST in that regard, that doesnt mean that will happen TODAY as there are many variables to consider, particularly the talent. Do I think he can do it with Kobe? YES, Kobe AND the rest of the DEEP squad on the TEAM.
<quoted text>
Better is a relative term but, I watched Jordans game very closely and sat courtside through the finals Vs the Sonics...Jordan was better at certain aspects than Kobe and Vice versa. Insert Kobe in Mike's time and you dont think he would win championships???
<quoted text>
Ummm, Its not a one man show big guy, Its a TEAM sport so it depends on who Kobe or any other superstar has around them.
Your comparing a $hitty, injury ridden Lakers to todays championship primed team. In 07', starting in January, The lakers were 8-7 with 3 games lost in a row, in February, 5-7 with 6 LOSSES IN A ROW, in March, 5 wins 9 LOSSES with the 1st 7 CONSECUTIVE games lost! in April, 4 wins, 6 LOSSES with 4 LOSSES IN A ROW...
Do you still stand by those stats of yesteryear in comparison with TODAYS team LOL!
<quoted text>
Weren't you the same one who was professing the Miami Heats greatness and raved about them being the best?
Am I wrong when I say Pat riley pulled off a "STEAL" aquiring LBJ & Bosh to pair with Wade who is arguably one of the BEST players in the league? like that "steal", like that "talent"? LOL
<quoted text>
The teams that make it there, deserve to be there, if it were based on your opinion of kobe's personal life, than they wouldnt, but they were there as a result of talent and will.
<quoted text>
Celtics are 15-4 thus far with Shaq, Last season at this point, they were, oh, wouldnt you know it...15-4 ALSO..and did they go to the finals??? Hmmm???
<quoted text>
There is alot which you've "thought" which hasnt exactly panned out has it? I think we can put the stat thing to bed already no?
1.Once again I could care less about the Heat, the Bottom line here is 4-game losing streak=NO TITLE RUN FOR THE LAKERS AND PHIL JACKSON GOING OUT ON A THE BAD NOTE HE DESERVES!!!!! It happened to them in 03 when everyone was holding up fours it can happen again. And the Heat likely won't go to the NBA finals either.

2.Just because Shaq has decent numbers doesn't mean he won't choke in the playoffs it happened to him in Cleveland and Phoenix. But it may not happen to him in Boston who knows the bottom line is that Kobe is done winning championships and the Boston 3 party may be done as well I don't know nor do I care.

3.Who's to say the Lakers won't get injured again, injuries are very unpredictable.

4.I never said the Heat would go to the finals, I just said they could kill the Lakers in the finals, but apparently that won't happen for either team thanks to a 4-game losing streak.
Pistons Eat Poop

Madison, IN

#23 Dec 6, 2010
Kratos_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
5.Kobe doesn't deserve to be in the NBA finals he is absolutely no different then William Horton and already has 7 appearances and 5 rings the only reason he has gone so much is because Phil Jackson surrounded him with talent his team either bought or got away with in some god awful unfair trade. Now guys like Darren Williams and Steve Nash are different stories.

6.Pat Riley didn't get LBJ, Bosh and Wade in some god awful stupid unfair trade because of who his team is like the lakers did in that stupid Gasol trade. He just got lucky, had allot to spend and bought other peoples talent. Now is that the right way to win a championship, absolutely not it is no different then what the Yankees do every year in baseball when they win the WS. But even though it's bad it is still better then what the Lakers do in stupid BS unfair trades they only get away with because their the Lakers like the Gasol and Kobe ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Players Who Will Be Grossly Overpaid (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ginobili 4
Kanter (23 points, 22 rebounds) leads Jazz in rout (Mar '13) Mar '13 cold cat 1
NBA's first 4OT game since 1997 (Mar '12) Mar '12 Marissa 2 1
Utah Jazz fall apart quickly in season-opening ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 jeff 1
Jazz steamroll Timberwolves, but Kevin Love res... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the real just ano... 8
New Year - New Optimism (Jan '11) Jan '11 Raheeda 1
Jazz 112, Timberwolves 107: Minnesota blows 12-... (Dec '10) Dec '10 the real just ano... 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Al Jefferson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••