Tom Powers: Wolves don't take the bai...

Tom Powers: Wolves don't take the bait and still get their man

There are 29 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 24, 2010, titled Tom Powers: Wolves don't take the bait and still get their man. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

"Oh yeah? Well I double dare you!" Give the New Jersey Nets "A" for effort but "F" for execution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Jun 26, 2010
every year the tenderwolves suck more and more.
what the F

Big Lake, MN

#26 Jun 26, 2010
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Game 7 of the NBA Finals was the most watched summer television program since June 2000. The most watched NBA basketball game since Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals. Yep, nobody is watching.
Stern had it set up all along .... I told everyone it will be Boston and LA for the championship.... sure enough .... I told everyone it will go 7 games .... sure enough .... I told everyone to watch all the ref's calls go LA's way so they will win .... sure enough .... well, all the calls I saw in the 3 or 4 minutes i could take of watching this .... talk about pathetic ....this sport that has been destroyed by Stern with no control over all the thug hoodlums ....wow , that NBA is exciting .... I'll watch a high school game anyday (girls or boys)over this garbage ....you enjoy that fascinating NBA action .... i'll have fun watching my dog take a crap .... at least there i won't know the outcome til it happens
what the F

Big Lake, MN

#27 Jun 26, 2010
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why the New York Knicks are a dynasty?
Is that why the best young team in the league is Oklahoma City?
Is that why Cleveland has a very good chance at resigning Lebron James?
Championship franchises get the best free agents because they are championship franchises.
Championship franchises get the best draft picks because they have GMs that know how to build championship franchises.
The Los Angeles Lakers have won two straight titles because an incompetent GM in Memphis gave away Pau Gasol for nothing.
the Gasol trade you talk about shouldn't have even been allowed by the crooked commisioner David Stern .... you know the trade where one of the "so called" players in the trade that LA sent to Memphis was actually a coach on another team ....somehow it was legal to trade a free agent you didn't resign from the previous season who was now coaching for another NBA team and use his salary #'s from when he last played with LA .... talk about BOGUS .... straight up crooked A > S >S league in pro sports ....Gee , it was hard to see that your hero David Stern didn't want the Lakers to benefit and win a few chmpionships in that big LA market .... to help a little he has the refs make some crazy calls for LA and bingo , another championship .... boy , you can't see that coming .... totally exciting .... and the lame GM in Memphis you talk about was Jerry West .... wow , another red flag for that shady little deal .... the NBA will be destroyed within 10 years .... that's why you only see a handful of people in the stands at almost every NBA arena other than the Lakers and Celtics and Knicks .... it's garbage
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Jun 26, 2010
what the F wrote:
<quoted text>Stern had it set up all along .... I told everyone it will be Boston and LA for the championship
Why did San Antonio and Cleveland meet in the finals a couple of years ago?

Why did Orlando make the finals last year?

Why have five different teams won the last seven titles?
what the F wrote:
<quoted text>I told everyone it will go 7 games
Why have there only been two Game 7s in the NBA finals in the last 15 years?
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Jun 26, 2010
what the F wrote:
<quoted text> and the lame GM in Memphis you talk about was Jerry West ....
The lame GM was Chris Wallace who was forced to make a deal because the owner was trying to sell the club. West left prior to the 2007-08 season and before Gasol was traded in February 2008.
what the F wrote:
<quoted text>that's why you only see a handful of people in the stands at almost every NBA arena other than the Lakers and Celtics and Knicks .... it's garbage
CHICAGO: 20,725
CLEVELAND: 20,562
PORTLAND: 20,497
DALLAS: 19,994
New York: 19,501
UTAH: 19,378
L.A. Lakers: 18,997
DETROIT: 18,751
Boston: 18,169
SAN ANTONIO: 18,098
GOLDEN STATE: 18,003
OKLAHOMA CITY: 17,995
what the F

Big Lake, MN

#30 Jun 26, 2010
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did San Antonio and Cleveland meet in the finals a couple of years ago?
Why did Orlando make the finals last year?
Why have five different teams won the last seven titles?
<quoted text>
Why have there only been two Game 7s in the NBA finals in the last 15 years?
and that's why nobody cares about the frickin NBA so Stern sets up the Lakers and Celtics .... whoop de doo .... who cares.... lamest sport around , PERIOD
what the F

Big Lake, MN

#31 Jun 26, 2010
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
The lame GM was Chris Wallace who was forced to make a deal because the owner was trying to sell the club. West left prior to the 2007-08 season and before Gasol was traded in February 2008.
<quoted text>
CHICAGO: 20,725
CLEVELAND: 20,562
PORTLAND: 20,497
DALLAS: 19,994
New York: 19,501
UTAH: 19,378
L.A. Lakers: 18,997
DETROIT: 18,751
Boston: 18,169
SAN ANTONIO: 18,098
GOLDEN STATE: 18,003
OKLAHOMA CITY: 17,995
that's tickets purchased .... try the actual attendance #'s .... ticket brokers , radio stations , tv stations ,corporate sponsors and what have you buy the tickets.... take the Woofies for instance .... they were giving away tickets to get people in the arena .... actual attendance is nowhere near what you have posted , GUARANTEED
what the F

Big Lake, MN

#32 Jun 26, 2010
what the F wrote:
<quoted text> the Gasol trade you talk about shouldn't have even been allowed by the crooked commisioner David Stern .... you know the trade where one of the "so called" players in the trade that LA sent to Memphis was actually a coach on another team ....somehow it was legal to trade a free agent you didn't resign from the previous season who was now coaching for another NBA team and use his salary #'s from when he last played with LA .... talk about BOGUS .... straight up crooked A > S >S league in pro sports ....Gee , it was hard to see that your hero David Stern didn't want the Lakers to benefit and win a few chmpionships in that big LA market .... to help a little he has the refs make some crazy calls for LA and bingo , another championship .... boy , you can't see that coming .... totally exciting .... and the lame GM in Memphis you talk about was Jerry West .... wow , another red flag for that shady little deal .... the NBA will be destroyed within 10 years .... that's why you only see a handful of people in the stands at almost every NBA arena other than the Lakers and Celtics and Knicks .... it's garbage
Chris Wallace was heavily criticized for trading away their young star and leading scorer, Pau Gasol, to the Los Angeles Lakers on February 1, 2008. Many fans and sports commentators believed that the Grizzlies received way too little in return in this trade (ironically one of the players they got was Pau's younger brother Marc) and just tried to reduce the salary cap of the team with expiring contracts. The move also puzzled some rivals. San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich was quoted by Sports Illustrated saying "What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension. There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I would have voted no to the LA trade."
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Jun 27, 2010
what the F wrote:
<quoted text>Chris Wallace was heavily criticized for trading away their young star and leading scorer, Pau Gasol, to the Los Angeles Lakers on February 1, 2008. Many fans and sports commentators believed that the Grizzlies received way too little in return in this trade (ironically one of the players they got was Pau's younger brother Marc) and just tried to reduce the salary cap of the team with expiring contracts. The move also puzzled some rivals. San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich was quoted by Sports Illustrated saying "What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension. There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I would have voted no to the LA trade."
I thought it was Jerry West?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nate McMillan should dare to be weird Sep '17 TritpiPharterz 6
News NBA Players Who Will Be Grossly Overpaid (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ginobili 4
News Kanter (23 points, 22 rebounds) leads Jazz in rout (Mar '13) Mar '13 cold cat 1
News NBA's first 4OT game since 1997 (Mar '12) Mar '12 Marissa 2 1
News Utah Jazz fall apart quickly in season-opening ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 jeff 1
News Jazz steamroll Timberwolves, but Kevin Love res... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the real just ano... 8
News New Year - New Optimism (Jan '11) Jan '11 Raheeda 1
More from around the web