Michael Beasley officially a member o...

Michael Beasley officially a member of the Timberwolves

There are 34 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 12, 2010, titled Michael Beasley officially a member of the Timberwolves. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

David Kahn, in his second year as Timberwolves president, made his first significant imprint in Minnesota when his trade with the Miami Heat for power forward Michael Beasley became official Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Keep AJ

Plymouth, MN

#1 Jul 12, 2010
By all accounts, Al Jefferson has been astoundingly professional despite all of the trade rumors. I think he is poised for a major comeback season this year. He's two years removed from his injury. He is going to be a BEAST inside this year. I would much rather see them keep Al and trade Kevin Love. Love is a solid NBA player and a great rebounder, but he isn't a scorer. Besides, on principal, I don't want anyone named Kevin associated with this team anymore.
Justathought

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 12, 2010
Beasly was acquired for a 1st round swap and a second rounder Charley. Has something changed here or are your facts, well, as usual, incorrect?
Justathought

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 12, 2010
and and plus Darko's contract was supposed to be 20 mil for 4 years has that now changed as well?
Are you kidding

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jul 13, 2010
Justathought wrote:
Beasly was acquired for a 1st round swap and a second rounder Charley. Has something changed here or are your facts, well, as usual, incorrect?
I just read the Trib and they claim we got Beasley for two 2nd rounders,
one in 2011 and 2014 with no first round swap. Does seem to change by
the day with these guys.
DD Austin

Memphis, TN

#5 Jul 13, 2010
To roll the dice on a kid with a lot of baggage in "hopes" you can somehow change him is nuts! Prevention is better than cure. Why not do the intelligent thing and go after proven players with character? With all the craziness in the dis-organization from the top down already - why add to the misery? As Rodney Dangerfield would say, "I can't get no respect!" He was abviously referring to T-Wolves fans. All of us get laughed at right along with the whole team and dis-organization because it is such a joke. Sad, man! SAD!!!! ;(
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#6 Jul 13, 2010
Mr. Kahn is like someone who goes to garage sales and buys old paintings because he thinks they may be Rembrandts or Van Goghs. If he's right, he's a genius. If he's wrong, he's a silly guy. Stay tuned, folks. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
jrock

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jul 13, 2010
Please change the uniforms. Go Wolves.
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#9 Jul 13, 2010
Actually, I see trading Jefferson as a plus, as long as we can get someone who can run the floor and play even a little bit of defense. I spent more time yelling at Al than cheering for him last year. His sticky fingers once he got the ball made me crazy! I wish I had a buck for every time he got stripped trying to go to the basket through two or three defenders. Plus that, I don't know how many times he got called for traveling. You would think a player of his supposed caliber would be able to figure out that that little shuffle of his was costing the team possessions they could ill afford to lose. The only constructvie thing he could think of to do was complain to the refs - and annoy them enough so they would certainly call it again! I question how coachable he is and how willing he is to learn any system but his own.

Now that that is off my chest, I am cautiously optimistic about Beasley and the rookies. Those who are bashing B.- everyone deserves a second chance. He's still a kid and he may flourish here - look at what a chance and a little Minnesota love did for Darko.
What the F

Big Lake, MN

#10 Jul 13, 2010
Charley , Miami did NOT have to trade Beasley because of his salary .... If that's the case why would Miami just sign Mike Miller for $6 M/year .... that is $ 1.1 M more per year than Beasley's contract .... Spit out the truth Charley .... Miami didn't want him because of all his troubles and immaturity and to top it off Beasley was severely under-performing and Miami dumped him because he was not worth the contract he had .... and Minnesota was the only sucker out there .... but with that being said it is probably worth the gamble since the deal turned into only 2 second round picks for him
What the F

Big Lake, MN

#12 Jul 13, 2010
wolvesfan wrote:
Actually, I see trading Jefferson as a plus, as long as we can get someone who can run the floor and play even a little bit of defense. I spent more time yelling at Al than cheering for him last year. His sticky fingers once he got the ball made me crazy! I wish I had a buck for every time he got stripped trying to go to the basket through two or three defenders. Plus that, I don't know how many times he got called for traveling. You would think a player of his supposed caliber would be able to figure out that that little shuffle of his was costing the team possessions they could ill afford to lose. The only constructvie thing he could think of to do was complain to the refs - and annoy them enough so they would certainly call it again! I question how coachable he is and how willing he is to learn any system but his own.
Now that that is off my chest, I am cautiously optimistic about Beasley and the rookies. Those who are bashing B.- everyone deserves a second chance. He's still a kid and he may flourish here - look at what a chance and a little Minnesota love did for Darko.
the reports of the deal to Utah have the Woofies getting no players .... just dealing him for picks and freeing up cap space .... and then in turn signing Ridnour.... another point guard
jmack77

Nashville, TN

#13 Jul 13, 2010
What the F wrote:
to Charley ,
Miami did NOT have to trade Beasley because of his salary .... If that's the case why would Miami just sign Mike Miller for $6 M/year .... that is $ 1.1 M more per year than Beasley's contract .... Spit out the truth Charley .... Miami didn't want him because of all his troubles and immaturity and to top it off Beasley was severely under-performing and Miami dumped him because he was not worth the contract he had .... and Minnesota was the only sucker out there .... but with that being said it is probably worth the gamble since the deal turned into only 2 second round picks for him
GOOD POINT OF CONCERN...
"Miami did NOT have to trade Mike Beasley because of his salary .... If that's the case why would Miami just sign Mike Miller for $6 M/year"...
THE REASON MAY SIMPLY BE BOTH BOSH AND LEBRON WOULD both PLAY IN THE WINGS WHERE MIKE BEASLEY PLAYS...further young Beasley would not handle coming off the bench well or role play...causing his confidence and attitude to suffer further in the shadows of Lebron, Bosh and Wade...Their plans...was detrimental just this year with the all the talk...he probably felt he was not in their plans...just road kill...in their way...Sure proved to be a self fulfilling prophecy. Additionally... Mike Miller is the perfect fit to come off the bench with the instant 3's. Pat Riely sending Beasley to Rambis...is quite classy as a trusted friend and mentor relationship...
LOOK...Beasley may redeem some of the dreams and expectationsÂ… he had for himselfÂ… at Minnesota where he is wanted and may be greatly appreciated...He was just to young and talented to be a shadow on the bench and he would not have survived...fulfilled his expectationsÂ…just as a role player!!!

Since: Jul 10

United States

#14 Jul 13, 2010
Big Al will probably get hurt like he has the last two years! At least Jefferson can know what it's like to win!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Jul 13, 2010
Al Jefferson is being proffessional about the trade rumors because it's his ticket out of here. I'd do backflips if I got traded FROM the wolves to anywhere else.

Meanwhile, Beasly will (a) Quit or (b) get in Trouble or (c) Both before Christmas.

heck uv a job, kahnzie.
Uhoh

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jul 13, 2010
What the F wrote:
Charley , Miami did NOT have to trade Beasley because of his salary .... If that's the case why would Miami just sign Mike Miller for $6 M/year .... that is $ 1.1 M more per year than Beasley's contract .... Spit out the truth Charley .... Miami didn't want him because of all his troubles and immaturity and to top it off Beasley was severely under-performing and Miami dumped him because he was not worth the contract he had .... and Minnesota was the only sucker out there .... but with that being said it is probably worth the gamble since the deal turned into only 2 second round picks for him
Miami needs a sharpshooter and a center who can play d. Beasley is either. Mike, on ther other hand, is a sharpshooter.

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jul 13, 2010
Uhoh wrote:
<quoted text>
Miami needs a sharpshooter and a center who can play d. Beasley is either. Mike, on ther other hand, is a sharpshooter.
Have you watched Miller lately? I've never seen a shooter pass up more open shots than he does.
fritz

Lakeville, MN

#18 Jul 13, 2010
Justathought wrote:
and and plus Darko's contract was supposed to be 20 mil for 4 years has that now changed as well?
Yes the trade changed and is for two second rounders. Darko's contract is only partially guarented for the last year thats why it says 4 years for 16 million
Jones

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Jul 13, 2010
We got the #2 pick from 2 years ago for 2 second rounders and people are gonna complain? Really? Its worth giving up 2 second rounders just to see if he turns into the Beast they thought he was gonna be. Yes he had some issues in the past but it hasnt been anything serious and now seems to have things under control. Kahn is changing this franchise which is exactly what we needed. As I have said before we probably wont compete this year and maybe not next but I personally like the direction we are going in. Im not to big on the Jefferson trade if its gonna be just for draft picks but just wait and see how it plays out.
Uhoh

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jul 13, 2010
Go_Ponies wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you watched Miller lately? I've never seen a shooter pass up more open shots than he does.
Actually, you're talking about when he played with the Wolves. Yes, he did pass up multiple jump shots but he was not like this in Washington. Check his percentages if you don't believe he's a shooter.
Uhoh

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Jul 13, 2010
Jones wrote:
We got the #2 pick from 2 years ago for 2 second rounders and people are gonna complain? Really? Its worth giving up 2 second rounders just to see if he turns into the Beast they thought he was gonna be. Yes he had some issues in the past but it hasnt been anything serious and now seems to have things under control. Kahn is changing this franchise which is exactly what we needed. As I have said before we probably wont compete this year and maybe not next but I personally like the direction we are going in. Im not to big on the Jefferson trade if its gonna be just for draft picks but just wait and see how it plays out.
I completely agree. Beasley is well worth the trade soley based on his potential.
Mark

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Jul 13, 2010
Beasley has a poor work ethic and drug issues. Not a good deal for the Wolves, unless they think they can change what is certainly not a new problem

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Players Who Will Be Grossly Overpaid (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ginobili 4
News Kanter (23 points, 22 rebounds) leads Jazz in rout (Mar '13) Mar '13 cold cat 1
News NBA's first 4OT game since 1997 (Mar '12) Mar '12 Marissa 2 1
News Utah Jazz fall apart quickly in season-opening ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 jeff 1
News Jazz steamroll Timberwolves, but Kevin Love res... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the real just ano... 8
News New Year - New Optimism (Jan '11) Jan '11 Raheeda 1
News Jazz 112, Timberwolves 107: Minnesota blows 12-... (Dec '10) Dec '10 the real just ano... 3
More from around the web