Attorney: Timberwolves' Al Jefferson ...

Attorney: Timberwolves' Al Jefferson seeks plea deal on DUI charge

There are 8 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 5, 2010, titled Attorney: Timberwolves' Al Jefferson seeks plea deal on DUI charge. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The attorney for Minnesota Timberwolves forward Al Jefferson, who was arrested Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Phil Oppion

Titusville, FL

#1 May 5, 2010
Hammer the arrogant thug.
GSD Fan

Saint Paul, MN

#2 May 5, 2010
Phil Oppion wrote:
Hammer the arrogant thug.
Not gonna happen. He's probably going to get it pled down to a Careless Driving with an Implied Consent notation on his record. It's pretty standard for a first-time DWI with a BAC level in the range that Jefferson's was. Also, I know the Trooper that arrested him and he said that Jefferson was probably the most polite drunk he's ever arrested. Since the Trooper isn't a basketball fan, he had no clue who Jefferson was until about halfway through the arrest process. Even then, he wasn't letting him off the hook.
im jk

Minneapolis, MN

#3 May 5, 2010
may have shot himself in the foot when he put his middle name as Coholic on the arrest warrant.
fracas

Sioux Falls, SD

#4 May 5, 2010
Big Al seems genuinely contrite over this incident. Give him a fine (even 1000 dollars is nothing but chump change to these NBA guys), let him do 40 hrs of community service, and then give him 2 years probation. Al says that it isn't going to happen again, and I believe him. Regardless of what you think of the guy as a basketball player, he has "owned up" during this whole process and has gone about things the right way.
O Malley

Titusville, FL

#5 May 5, 2010
Send him to Carl Eller's Rehabilitation Facility!
Sooo Confused

Saint Cloud, MN

#6 May 5, 2010
How long ago was Malik Sealy killed by a drunk driver ?? Magnify the Community service x 10 and have him speak to kids about his foolish choice.
fracas

Sioux Falls, SD

#7 May 6, 2010
Sooo Confused wrote:
How long ago was Malik Sealy killed by a drunk driver ?? Magnify the Community service x 10 and have him speak to kids about his foolish choice.
Fine! But you had better be ready to apply this 400 hour community service to EVERYONE, so that we are all treated equally under the law. I will help you out by doing the math, 400 hours equals 10 weeks at 40 hours per week. Is the "average Joe" going to be able to continue to hold down his/her job, or continue with school under YOUR version of an appropriate penalty? Probably not. Which is why society doesn't ask for 400 hours of community service.

I don't mean this to sound like a defense of Jefferson. I think he should get whatever the "average Joe" gets, nothing more, nothing less. I do think a fine is absolutely meaningless due to the large salary that these guys get.
coach acie earl

Rantoul, IL

#8 May 7, 2010
you would think that guys making these huge salaries would hire a driver or just jump in a cab and pay to get their car brought to them or have one of their boys drive them. www.venomsportsgirls.com www.venomsportstraining.com follow me on twitter @coachacieearl

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Al Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Players Who Will Be Grossly Overpaid (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ginobili 4
News Kanter (23 points, 22 rebounds) leads Jazz in rout (Mar '13) Mar '13 cold cat 1
News NBA's first 4OT game since 1997 (Mar '12) Mar '12 Marissa 2 1
News Utah Jazz fall apart quickly in season-opening ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 jeff 1
News Jazz steamroll Timberwolves, but Kevin Love res... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the real just ano... 8
News New Year - New Optimism (Jan '11) Jan '11 Raheeda 1
News Jazz 112, Timberwolves 107: Minnesota blows 12-... (Dec '10) Dec '10 the real just ano... 3
More from around the web