All grown up

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

He arrived in Indianapolis a starry-eyed 18-year-old, and his teammates greeted him in typical kid-brother fashion: They worked him over.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Oct 29, 2006
Tim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2006

Fastburner! The guy is 26 years old on paper, but his wisdom and maturity is that of a 36 year old. He's earned everything he's ever gotten.

It's just awesome to go to games and see him wearing Pacers again!
jct

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2006

Tim wrote:
Fastburner! The guy is 26 years old on paper, but his wisdom and maturity is that of a 36 year old. He's earned everything he's ever gotten.
It's just awesome to go to games and see him wearing Pacers again!
We gotta believe in Al Harrington. Could be the savior of the franchise as far as I'm concerned. Might just be the next PACER hero, stepping in and filling Reggie Miller's shoes. Wouldn't that be the greatest feeling. Someone to cheer for and feel good about again. Be nice someday to see Al's jersey hanging in our rafters, next to Reggie's......
Autney Holmes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2006

I love the idea of the pacers adopting a running stile of play.However we still need to work on a solid half court game to complement our running game.Jermaine has the ability to run but he got to drop that bad habit of posing for the camera after a dunk instead of running back.Also the Pacers seem to be very effective when he is blocking shots.If they can rebound the ball and cut down turn overs they can be a hell of a team.Also dont be discourage by them not winning any preseason game when Jermaine Oneal plays,remimber what happened to new york after Pat Ewing left.
concerned

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2006

let it be wrote:
http://gearsofwar.fanfly.net/? C1918_507687
IndyStar ... Didn't know you allowed comercials.
BJC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2006

Are you kidding me?

Harrington was part of one of the most most mature, professional, and discplined teams in the NBA.

However, Baby Al thought he should be a "starter" and earn more money. Ha! He went to Atlanta to be a "starter" and earn more money, but what was accomplished? He padded his stats.

Goal accomplished. Now, Indiana has acquired this statistical albatross.

Baby Al and JO are all about stats and know nothing about leading a team to a championship.

Larry Legend needs to be held accountable. How on earth did this organization end up with JO, Baby Al, Stephen Jackson, and Tinsley? Are you kidding me? These are our leaders?

Rick Carlisle will be fired before these idiots win and/or Bird admits he is incompetent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Al Harrington Discussions

Search the Al Harrington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nine key questions the Orlando Magic will face ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lois 1
Nuggets veteran Chauncey Billups provides a tea... (Dec '10) Dec '10 jogante 1
Antawn Jamison, Gilbert Arena familiar with War... (Dec '09) Dec '09 dietcoke 1
Stephen Jackson: Golden State Warriors Captain ... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 2
Warriors' Jackson has seen light, wants out (Aug '09) Sep '09 AVHS Dad 3
Golden State Warriors and the Don Nelson Disapp... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 2
Injured Wright wants to get back (Mar '09) Mar '09 AVHS Dad 3
•••
•••