Isiah's latest shakeup could his impact credibilty

Full story: Newsday

ORLANDO, Fla. Isiah Thomas' long-awaited shakeup will be revealed at the Knicks' shootaround this morning, not far from Fantasyland.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2007
Omar Minaya

New York, NY

#1 Dec 26, 2007
If the idea is to have 5 players out there that try to play defense and give effort when they are on the court, then you can not bench Richardson or Crawford. Whether or not Crawford is Gary Payton defensively or not, he tries and makes up for his defencies by putting all out effort throughout the game.

Other players that fall in line with that thinking is Malik Rose, Fred Jones and David Lee.

You could start Randolph, Lee, Rose, Richardson, Crawford with Richardson at the 2 or you could start him at SF and put Fred Jones at the 2 and bring Malik off the bench.(I'm not exactly a big Malik Rose fan but if the idea is to put players in that will hustle and play hard then I do have to give that to him. He doesn't have half the talent that the rest of the players on this roster do but he does have heart and gives it his all.)
Prince

Shirley, NY

#2 Dec 26, 2007
Latest shakeup could impact Isiah's credibilty... too late dude!!
Michael Steinbrenner

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 26, 2007
Um, Ken? I hate to burst your bubble but Isiah's resume hasn't been about winning since he actually played ball 10 years ago. Ever since then it's been about losing games, losing money, and losing a league. He's the devil with the smile and a four year contract for stinking up the joint.
MrRight

Tampa, FL

#4 Dec 26, 2007
Latest shake-up could affect Isiah's credibility? Isiah is an arrogant ass and it's time he was put out to pasture!
venom

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Dec 26, 2007
Uh news flash!! This is what the coach is supposed to do. Find the players that are ready to play the way he wants (defense for 48 minutes).
AT this level with an entire roster of guaranteed contracts that's about all a NBA coach can do. Move players around until you find the right combination. I think the Knicks are the only team in the NBA where at least 12 players are all former #1 draft picks for their original team. Maybe that's the problem. Too many guys that are used to and expect to be the star and center of attention. Not enough guys willing to do the dirty work that does not show up in a box score.
CONVICT IN CHINO PRISON

United States

#6 Dec 26, 2007
TRADE THOMAS, MARBURY,AND CURRY FOR A CAN OF TOMATOES.
Omar Minaya

New York, NY

#7 Dec 26, 2007
Once again, anyone that wants to trade Curry away is seriously not thinking straight. Curry is an offensive beast and is still extremely young. He has things he needs to work on, including his conditioning but it is way to early to give up on him.

The only reason the Bulls gave up on him was they feared his medical history.
Professional

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Dec 26, 2007
COME ON NEW YORKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
Prince

Shirley, NY

#9 Dec 26, 2007
Omar Minaya wrote:
Once again, anyone that wants to trade Curry away is seriously not thinking straight. Curry is an offensive beast and is still extremely young. He has things he needs to work on, including his conditioning but it is way to early to give up on him.
The only reason the Bulls gave up on him was they feared his medical history.
Curry has to lose ALOT of weight b4 he can think about developing the rest of his game. His conditioning is his biggest problem, if he can overcome his weight problem, he will finally turn the corner...
RC THE BRONX

Westwood, NJ

#10 Dec 26, 2007
ISIAH THOMAS'S CREDIBILITY WAS GONE A LONG TIME AGO [SEE:HIS TENURES AT TORONTO AND INDIANA].
HE'S MADE BAD TRADES,TAKEN ON BAD CONTRACTS AND CONTINUES TO SELL THE FANS A BUNCH OF CRAP.
THIS IS A BAD TEAM THAT LACKS THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THE GAME. TURNOVERS,MISSED FREETHROWS,MATADOR DEFENSE AND LACK OF HUSTLE. DAVID LEE NEEDS TO BE IN THE STARTING LINEUP, NO IF'S AND'S AND BUT'S ABOUT IT. IT IS NOW TIME TO PLAY WILSON CHANDLER AND INCREASE RENALDO BALKMAN'S MINUTES. THE PLAYERS THAT I JUST NAMED PLAY DEFENSE AND THEY HUSTLE AFTER LOOSE BALLS. THOSE INTANGIBLES ARE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WINNING AND LOSING GAMES.
MR. DOLAN NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THE FANS THAT THEY HAVE LEFT. IT IS PAST TIME FOR A COACHING CHANGE.
THE BULLS ARE NOT PLAYING GOOD AND THEY WASTED NO TIME WITH A COACHING CHANGE. WHEN IS THE KNICK ORGANIZATION GOING TO WAKE UP?
the Skycap

United States

#11 Dec 26, 2007
Steinbrenner, Convict and RC need to stop hatin on Zeke and get their facts straight. When he coached Indiana he had a winning record. He helped build the Toronto Raptors by drafting Camby, Stoudamire and McGrady. And if the CBA were still in existence there would be no NBDL. Zeke did the right thing by changing his lineup, I just wish he would have hired Ewing to work with Eddy Creampuff.
scottk

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Dec 27, 2007
Omar Minaya wrote:
If the idea is to have 5 players out there that try to play defense and give effort when they are on the court, then you can not bench Richardson or Crawford. Whether or not Crawford is Gary Payton defensively or not, he tries and makes up for his defencies by putting all out effort throughout the game.
Other players that fall in line with that thinking is Malik Rose, Fred Jones and David Lee.
You could start Randolph, Lee, Rose, Richardson, Crawford with Richardson at the 2 or you could start him at SF and put Fred Jones at the 2 and bring Malik off the bench.(I'm not exactly a big Malik Rose fan but if the idea is to put players in that will hustle and play hard then I do have to give that to him. He doesn't have half the talent that the rest of the players on this roster do but he does have heart and gives it his all.)
You have to be Isiah. You're taking this team too seriously. Your ideas are meaningless since this team will not win.
scottk

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Dec 27, 2007
the Skycap wrote:
Steinbrenner, Convict and RC need to stop hatin on Zeke and get their facts straight. When he coached Indiana he had a winning record. He helped build the Toronto Raptors by drafting Camby, Stoudamire and McGrady. And if the CBA were still in existence there would be no NBDL. Zeke did the right thing by changing his lineup, I just wish he would have hired Ewing to work with Eddy Creampuff.
Sorry, but your friend "Zeke" is a terrible person and has ruined the Knicks for years to come. By the way, none of you Isiah lovers ever mentiions his being connvicted of sexual harrassment. So, you have 80 games under .500 in 4 years and a sexual harrassment convictiion and and you love "Zeke". What are you thinking?
EdL

Matthews, NC

#14 Dec 27, 2007
Credibility? What credibility?

Can't lose what you don't have.

Memo to Omar: Curry is fat and woefully out of shape. He can't run from here to there without gasping for breath (and losing yet another rebound). Isiah could have possibly made an impact player out of him if he'd acquired a defensive power forward who would not challenge his offensive role, picking up his weaknesses in defense and rebounding. But he didn't do that; instead, he got a player who was better at being the kind of player Curry is than Curry himself.

All this has led to Curry looking lazy, out of shape, and basically not giving a rip. In a word, he's behaved like a quitter, and NY Fans will forgive much in their players, but not that.
BigAl

New York, NY

#15 Dec 27, 2007
Ever since Isiah stopped playing he has shown everyone that he is a total incompetent who is robbing dumba-- Dolan of his $$$$$$$$$$

2 F Morons!!

Knicks have been since Thomas has come on board the total laughing stock of the NBA.(Like the old Clippers)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Adonal Foyle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••