Orlando Magic teammates say goodbye a...

Orlando Magic teammates say goodbye after promising season ends

There are 10 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 14, 2008, titled Orlando Magic teammates say goodbye after promising season ends. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic said good-bye to one another Wednesday after a promising season ended with their playoff ouster by the Detroit Pistons -- and some might be saying good-bye for good.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Blanco

Winter Park, FL

#1 May 14, 2008
Arroyo fell out of the rotation in the postseason ??? How about Van Grumpy enjoy watching Nelson dribble the ball on his shoe , send a pass to the crowds, get torched by an unheralded second rate point guard and to cap it off miss a critical free throw with the game on the line.... And dooling !!! bless his IQ with his silly fouling and technical foul with the game on the line!!!
The Amazing Mr FUBAR

Orlando, FL

#2 May 14, 2008
Blanco wrote:
Arroyo fell out of the rotation in the postseason ??? How about Van Grumpy enjoy watching Nelson dribble the ball on his shoe , send a pass to the crowds, get torched by an unheralded second rate point guard and to cap it off miss a critical free throw with the game on the line.... And dooling !!! bless his IQ with his silly fouling and technical foul with the game on the line!!!
Well, if you're going to focus on SPECIFICS....
UF ALUM

Lady Lake, FL

#3 May 14, 2008
Can someone over there at the RDV please find a way to lure Emeka Okafur?

Also, since everyone seemed to play like a scared child during crunch time, I think each returning player should be required to conquer a fear this offseason... if someone could pass these suggestions along I would appreciate it!
Matt

Palm Bay, FL

#4 May 14, 2008
The only reason arroyo was around is because he fills the cheap seats with ricans. Time to cut him loose so we can make room for people with money.
Gabe

United States

#5 May 14, 2008
It's time to upgrade, and this time we mean it!!!!!
next year maybe

United States

#6 May 14, 2008
We need should maybe look at Baron Davis for next year. I like nelson but in crunch time he choked pretty much like the rest of the team.
Orlando Tragic

AOL

#7 May 14, 2008
The live up to their name - the Tragic.
Don't let the doors hit you on the way out.
LMAO

AOL

#8 May 14, 2008
UN FREAKIN Believable!

JJ does less time than Garrity and has no role at all in the eyes of idiot boy SVG.
Now all the big wigs want him to come back and sit...whatta bunch of crap.
I'm really even more PO'd now because he has to potentialy wait 2 more years with this bunch of losers!

I may have a heart attack and SUE the Magic because of it!

IDIOTS
Forrest Trump

Orlando, FL

#9 May 14, 2008
LMAO wrote:
UN FREAKIN Believable!
JJ does less time than Garrity and has no role at all in the eyes of idiot boy SVG.
Now all the big wigs want him to come back and sit...whatta bunch of crap.
I'm really even more PO'd now because he has to potentialy wait 2 more years with this bunch of losers!
I may have a heart attack and SUE the Magic because of it!
IDIOTS
When JJ gets a chance to play in Orlando and he shines will you stop then?? I mean you have good points and have the knowledge to understand the X's and O's. But please look forward to next year and stop living in the past. After losing last night, this is a new beginning for JJ and next year he'll be in the rotation. Face it LMAO whereever JJ goes he's never going to start. So trading him won't mean anything. JJ= great offense, weak slow defender. He's a liability on defense so he'll never get to start on any team (maybe Memphis or the Clippers). Time for you to face reality and realize he's a solid bench player and hopefully the Magic see this and will use him in the rotation.
LMAO

AOL

#11 May 15, 2008
Forrest Trump wrote:
<quoted text>
When JJ gets a chance to play in Orlando and he shines will you stop then?? I mean you have good points and have the knowledge to understand the X's and O's. But please look forward to next year and stop living in the past. After losing last night, this is a new beginning for JJ and next year he'll be in the rotation. Face it LMAO whereever JJ goes he's never going to start. So trading him won't mean anything. JJ= great offense, weak slow defender. He's a liability on defense so he'll never get to start on any team (maybe Memphis or the Clippers). Time for you to face reality and realize he's a solid bench player and hopefully the Magic see this and will use him in the rotation.
Better off, I think not.

Bad at defense? I dont think you have any idea what "Good" defense is.
Your defense lost the Piston series. Those phenomenal Defensive Stalwarts, Evans & Bogan, plus Dooling...couldnt stop anyone and for Gosh sakes, Evans was Hamiltons backup and practiced with him everyday.

Defense=Non-enity in the NBA. Makes for low ticket sales if you play defense.

Trade JJ and let him have a chance to fail. Anyone that would sit him and think Bogans & Evans are better is a fool... right Otis? Right SVG?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
News Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
News Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
News Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
News Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
News Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
News Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
More from around the web