Veteran center Adonal Foyle expected ...

Veteran center Adonal Foyle expected to return to Orlando Magic

There are 54 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 15, 2008, titled Veteran center Adonal Foyle expected to return to Orlando Magic. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

It looks as if the Orlando Magic will find their extra big man to provide depth behind all-star Dwight Howard .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
shine

United States

#1 Jul 15, 2008
Perfect...The Eastern Championship Trophy is ours...
Cody

Orlando, FL

#3 Jul 15, 2008
I hope to God that's sarcasm. Re-signing Foyle will be 10 times worse than signing his buddy Pietrus.

C'MON OTIS!!!
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#4 Jul 15, 2008
just saw on hoopsworld that orlando came to an agreement on a deal with anthony johnson that was 4.2 million dollars for two years(the biannual exception) which is what we offered dooling. i guess hoopsfan2009 was right.
Drew

Bedford, TX

#5 Jul 15, 2008
PG, if you are not signed, you will be missed by longtime Magic fans. Hope to see you in the front office after "retirement". And when you get there, recruit DA when he decides to retire.
Cody

Orlando, FL

#6 Jul 15, 2008
Mikael Pietrus, Anthony Carter, & potentially Adonal Foyle as our off season transactions. I yi yi.

Pietrus, fine, he'll give us defensive presence at the 2, and Carter I'll grind my teeth but okay, he brings in veteran leadership at the 1 where we obviously needed a backup..but not Foyle!! We gave his *** a shot last year. Let him go Otis.
Sue

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jul 15, 2008
I'm betting Foyle is the only guy we can afford - I wish I could get paid that much to baby-sit Pietrus and Carter! I think Adonal is a great guy, but a step too slow for this young team. That's why Marcin got minutes in the playoffs over him.
I'm sure he's just here for insurance in case somebody stubs a toe, or we need a big with 6 fouls we can throw at another team's big. WHATEVA!!!
dee

El Paso, TX

#8 Jul 15, 2008
its actually johnson cody.
funny80sguy

Port Townsend, WA

#9 Jul 15, 2008
I would be happy if Foyle came back to soak up those 8-10 minutes Dwight needs to rest every night. What other veteran big out there in free agent land can the Magic realistically get? I really wish we kept Dooling, but Magic at least shored up its bench with these signings.
LMAO

AOL

#10 Jul 15, 2008
I'd just like to say that the Magic front office just makes one brilliant move after another.

They are really looking forward to vying for 6th place in the East.

Whadda GM!

:)
VOR

United States

#11 Jul 15, 2008
"pat garrity would be interested in returning" ... really?... Really?!

The Magic should bring him back ... just give him a court side seat next to Bob VW and give him a box of peanuts as his salary.

The guy was a bum and a hack!
Jerry

Lincoln, NE

#12 Jul 15, 2008
Oh, thank God. Our worries are now over.
Longtimefan

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Jul 15, 2008
NOOOOO...Please DO NOT resign Foyle. We need to go and get a Small Forward. We don't have a backup SF on the roster!!! We have 2 PG's,4 SG's,2 SF's (1 playing PF), 1 PF and 3 C's. Comon' go get a PF/SF OTIS!!!
STH

Lake Mary, FL

#14 Jul 15, 2008
LMAO wrote:
I'd just like to say that the Magic front office just makes one brilliant move after another.
They are really looking forward to vying for 6th place in the East.
Whadda GM!
:)
Every team needs to have third options at the end of the bench and it is not reasonable or even possible to sign 15 starter-quality players. It is so funny to hear people criticize the players we sign to round out the roster like they are being signed as a starter. We have Dwight playing most of the center minutes and getting paid truckloads. What would you suggest? Make a move for Tim Duncan or Yao to back him up? How would you accomplish or pay for that? If you can think of a better player to come in for minimum salary and ride the bench for all but 8 minutes a night, let me hear it. As it stands he is capable and positive influence on chemistry.
Baller

Richardson, TX

#15 Jul 15, 2008
pat garrity go away!!!!!!!!!!

retire already
Danimal

Orlando, FL

#16 Jul 15, 2008
Pietrus can play the 3 very well. In fact, he played the 4 spot for Nellie. Foyle will be good from a bench/locker room perspective, especially because of his relationship with MP. He will help him hit the ground running. Contrary to LMAO's beliefs(like that ever mattered), I think Otis did a fine job rounding out this roster considering what he had to work with, and he still has a couple of trade options left in his back pocket(Boguns, JJ, and a potential Hedo sign and trade next season). Yes, the Eastern Conference will be better next season, but so will the Magic.
Longtimefan wrote:
NOOOOO...Please DO NOT resign Foyle. We need to go and get a Small Forward. We don't have a backup SF on the roster!!! We have 2 PG's,4 SG's,2 SF's (1 playing PF), 1 PF and 3 C's. Comon' go get a PF/SF OTIS!!!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#17 Jul 15, 2008
We could do far worse than Adonal Foyle as a 3rd or 4th option center. The likelihood is that he will be behind Tony Battie and Marcin Gortat in the depth charts when it comes to backing up Dwight. If he's going to sign for the minimum, play spot minutes as required, rebound, play a little D, etc., this is not a bad pickup.
coolzero

Spring Hill, FL

#18 Jul 15, 2008
Ihope the Crittenton trade goes thru. Maybe Marcin could play next to howard. Have Battie and Foyle come off the Bench. If the Trade for Crittenton Fail. Move Lee to PG and JJ back up Pietrus. I still think we could try and trade for Reggie Evans from Philly.
DBJORK

Denver, CO

#19 Jul 15, 2008
Mitchell UK wrote:
We could do far worse than Adonal Foyle as a 3rd or 4th option center. The likelihood is that he will be behind Tony Battie and Marcin Gortat in the depth charts when it comes to backing up Dwight. If he's going to sign for the minimum, play spot minutes as required, rebound, play a little D, etc., this is not a bad pickup.
I agree. I still wouldn't mind seeing another PF added to the roster. I think though if they make this trade for Javaris, that will basically be the end of the Magic's offseason moves. I don't think they've done too bad though. I was hoping for a Bogans and Cook for Wilcox move, but a trade for Javaris will be nice as well. Go Magic...
WTF

Clearwater, FL

#20 Jul 15, 2008
STH wrote:
<quoted text>
Every team needs to have third options at the end of the bench and it is not reasonable or even possible to sign 15 starter-quality players. It is so funny to hear people criticize the players we sign to round out the roster like they are being signed as a starter. We have Dwight playing most of the center minutes and getting paid truckloads. What would you suggest? Make a move for Tim Duncan or Yao to back him up? How would you accomplish or pay for that? If you can think of a better player to come in for minimum salary and ride the bench for all but 8 minutes a night, let me hear it. As it stands he is capable and positive influence on chemistry.
Thats exactly the problem this team only have 2 starter quality players the rest suck and thats your GM at work for you.
WTF

Clearwater, FL

#21 Jul 15, 2008
Danimal wrote:
Pietrus can play the 3 very well. In fact, he played the 4 spot for Nellie. Foyle will be good from a bench/locker room perspective, especially because of his relationship with MP. He will help him hit the ground running. Contrary to LMAO's beliefs(like that ever mattered), I think Otis did a fine job rounding out this roster considering what he had to work with, and he still has a couple of trade options left in his back pocket(Boguns, JJ, and a potential Hedo sign and trade next season). Yes, the Eastern Conference will be better next season, but so will the Magic.
<quoted text>
They will be better realy? You realy think Anthony freekin Johnson as a backup PG is an improvement? You make me sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
News Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
News Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
News Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
News Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
News Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
News Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
More from around the web