Assessing the Orlando Magic's roster

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

THE CORE Dwight Howard, C: No Shaq sequel: All-star locked up for five-year, $85 million deal, which kicks in next season.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
George

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

We need to find a way to get either JR Smith or Corey Maggette here this offseason. That will take care of our SG problem.
Make it happen Otis!!!!!!!!!
Master of the House

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

Magic have No $ for a great player.

Rave on if you wish but they wont be an NBA champion contender for more than likely 4/5 years if then.

They were ranked anywhere from #17 to as high as #10 in NBA rankings this year.
Good year but still were a #10 finisher and not much will change anytime soon.

They beat a #16 Raptors and then lost to #5 Pistons. It's the pecking order and the People in the Know never changed their mind that they are/were a #10 team.

Seriously, the roster has way too many flaws for them to improve and they dont have the $ to change that.

JJ Redick and whoever might be worth a trade with the Knicks. They have the type players they want to get rid of and that VanGundy & Smith like.

Good luck with that.
willie

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

please sign jr smith and make a trade for al harrington or how about chris wilcox i hope otis reads this cause tony battie is a nice player but he is not going to cut it as a starter long term hedo pg jr sg rashard sf harrington pf howard c this starting 5 will beat detroit easily next year
vanderweed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

what about fran vasquez?

what about fran vasquez?

WHAT ABOUT FRAN VASQUEZ?
Feijoo- Aibonito

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

It´s amazing how low can this writers can go to detriment a players image to the point of humiliation. Carlos Arroyo served the Magic well this season and his image contributed to fans filling the Amway seats. Him alone brought millions of dollars to the Magic and I feel bad when they talk about him in a disrespectfull way. I hope that Otis finds happiness with his phenom Jameer and that SVG goes crazy with Leandro Dooling. It´s sad to see a good player stomped like this just because he demonstrated his pride for his country each and every night.....but that pride will be his downfall because no one will forget the day that CARLOS RAN OVER THE UNITED STATES DREAM TEAM...

Peace out
Noname

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

I am happy for Carlos Arroyo, he finally will be out of the Magic.
This pathetic self called journalist, that NEVER shows flashy notes, will eat all of his insults.

The magics seats will be emties again ... GREAT !

ms schmitz,, yes ms GAY !,
I will be so happy to have you in front of me.

CARLOS ARROYO and PUERTO RICO BEAT THE USA TEAM,
or better said, THE DREAM TEAM !
VIVA PUERTO RICO !
commanderbass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

I agree with Feijoo- Aibonito!
Arroyo is the only person on that roster with any resemblance of a pure point guard.
First thing you do with Orlando:
get rid of Nelson. he is a horrible point guard, takes way too many ill advised shots, and dribbles too long prior to setting up the offense.
I would trade up to get a higher pick in this draft.
SG, smith? aint happening.
Denver would ship Carmelo and make Smith their 2nd scoring option before letting him go. He is the 3rd overall most productive player per 48 during the playoffs in the NBA, to Kobe and McGrady.
keep dreaming on that.
plus, seeing that he is only 22. Orlando will never get him. They simply cant afford him.
I would try to package Hedo, and nelson to move up in the draft, and get a serious point guard like Bayless, and have him learn from Arroyo.
And then, demand Rashard Lewis to play for his damn money!
bullseye100

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

It would be better if the Magic will trade Reddick, Nelson and Evans to accomodate good point guard/s or shooting guard/s in the free agency and in the coming June 2008 NBA draft......DJ Agustine, Jeremy Pargo, Mario Chalmers or maybe go for Chase Budinger, Chris Douglas-Roberts or Josh Cartet....It will give youth, athleticism and will be surely team for the next 5 years to come.
Fernando Vargas

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

For the things that I read, everybody is happy with our performance, and I think that if they insist with the same personnel, the results will be the same,specifically against Pistons.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2008

bullseye100 wrote:
It would be better if the Magic will trade Reddick, Nelson and Evans to accomodate good point guard/s or shooting guard/s in the free agency and in the coming June 2008 NBA draft......DJ Agustine, Jeremy Pargo, Mario Chalmers or maybe go for Chase Budinger, Chris Douglas-Roberts or Josh Cartet....It will give youth, athleticism and will be surely team for the next 5 years to come.
Sorry Otis Smith plans to keep Redick (notice this is the correct spelling for Redick)here is part of an article about what Otis is planning:
Shore up at shooting guard

Maurice Evans (above) moved into the starting lineup Jan. 9 and never relinquished his hold on the job. But he turns 30 in November and becomes a free agent July 1. His situation is reminiscent of what the Magic faced two years ago with DeShawn Stevenson, who left for the Washington Wizards after his asking price became too steep.

Keith Bogans, whom the Magic signed in anticipation of Stevenson's departure, is one of two players on the roster who can opt out of their contracts. Retaining both Evans and Bogans is possible, but Smith figures to look into trying to strengthen that position through free agency (perhaps Golden State's Mickael Pietrus) or a trade.

And what's to become of J.J. Redick, who has played a combined total of 79 games with no starts since being drafted out of Duke with much fanfare in 2006?

"I fully expect to see him back," Smith said.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournal...
Juan Carlos Colon

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

Si alguno sabe para que equipo enviaran a Carlitos
True Magic fan

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Arroyo was a waste for the money he was making... he is not a really good point guard, don't get me wrong, neither is Jameer. And Smith showed his idiocy for signing him to such a long deal.
But, the Magic lose nothing but an overpriced back-up point guard at best that was making 4 mil...
Wish some people here would look at the player and not the flag on his back (which should be American anyway!!!)
Glad to see Arroyo gone!

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

Nothing against Carlos he was a good person and a good player, but I will be very happy when he is gone then his crazy fans will go with him.
DBJORK

Lafayette, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2008

willie wrote:
please sign jr smith and make a trade for al harrington or how about chris wilcox i hope otis reads this cause tony battie is a nice player but he is not going to cut it as a starter long term hedo pg jr sg rashard sf harrington pf howard c this starting 5 will beat detroit easily next year
Hedo as the point,,,WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR CRACK??
Eddie

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

True Magic fan wrote:
Arroyo was a waste for the money he was making... he is not a really good point guard, don't get me wrong, neither is Jameer. And Smith showed his idiocy for signing him to such a long deal.
But, the Magic lose nothing but an overpriced back-up point guard at best that was making 4 mil...
Wish some people here would look at the player and not the flag on his back (which should be American anyway!!!)
Glad to see Arroyo gone!
Here we go, so true Magic fan, what was McGrady and Hill, a great investment? I don't hear anyone talking about overpriced Lewis who was supposed to help deliver a title. If you go back to the playoffs, it was turnover prone Nelson who for the second year in a row cost the Magic their ticket to the finals. The ironic thing is that he gets rewarded with a hefty contract extension. Talk about a good old boy network.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Adonal Foyle Discussions

Search the Adonal Foyle Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••