Magic discover role that suits Foyle perfectly -- OrlandoSentin...

There are 10 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 25, 2007, titled Magic discover role that suits Foyle perfectly -- OrlandoSentin.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Golden State Warriors had little use for Adonal Foyle. The Orlando Magic should have plenty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MAGIC PRIDE

Geneva, FL

#21 Aug 26, 2007
I luv seeing this the Orlando Magic are really and finally forging ahead after so many years of letting this loosing shaq thing bring them down which I personally think they put too much emphasis on (franchise and fans alike) they are really working hard and sumwhat smart this offseason although I do think they gave Rashard way too much money but now he (Rashard) needs too go out and prove he's worth it and unlike past years of being overshadowed etc. Kobe and others in the west he has no excuse in the East outside of Lebron who in my opinion is a tad bit overrated now don't get me wrong he is a sraight up great baller and he does deserve superstar status now back too Rashard too add too his no excuses he's got D-12, Jameer, among many other talented players plus now we are pretty deep. In ending I just wanted too say how proud I am too be a MAGIC fan nomatter how we do this season barring a total callapse (hints T-macs 20 win season) and it was his team
Stuff

Orlando, FL

#22 Aug 26, 2007
Colombiano wrote:
<quoted text>
What about you quit smoking?????
Yes! Where are you getting your weed?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#23 Aug 27, 2007
Foyle is a good addition - a big, strong, defensive-minded body to throw at the likes of Shaq and Yao.

But they still need to add another inside player, preferably a slightly more athletic one. Battie and Foyle are terrific post defenders, but they will struggle against more athletic opposition. Reggie Evans would have been a good pick-up - don't know how much further the discussions for a deal with Denver have gone. I would say trade Hedo for another PF. His $6m contract is trade friendly, and his game on offense is too similar to Lewis' for Orlando to get full value out of him.

In Lewis, Redick, Nelson, Bogans, and maybe even Garrity in limited minutes, Orlando has plenty of outside shooters to compliment Dwight. Get another big body to support him in the post.
El Don

Orlando, FL

#24 Aug 27, 2007
MAGIC PRIDE wrote:
I luv seeing this the Orlando Magic are really and finally forging ahead after so many years of letting this loosing shaq thing bring them down which I personally think they put too much emphasis on (franchise and fans alike) they are really working hard and sumwhat smart this offseason although I do think they gave Rashard way too much money but now he (Rashard) needs too go out and prove he's worth it and unlike past years of being overshadowed etc. Kobe and others in the west he has no excuse in the East outside of Lebron who in my opinion is a tad bit overrated now don't get me wrong he is a sraight up great baller and he does deserve superstar status now back too Rashard too add too his no excuses he's got D-12, Jameer, among many other talented players plus now we are pretty deep. In ending I just wanted too say how proud I am too be a MAGIC fan nomatter how we do this season barring a total callapse (hints T-macs 20 win season) and it was his team
Thank you for the positive attitude.
I feel the same way- A Magic regardless. This is the best time for me when the Magic are making moves to improve. I can't wait to see D-12 and R.Lewis in the court.
Please don't trade Arroyo there's nothin better than goin to a game an see the upper level going crazy. He's a good player (not a starter) I don't like this fake fans going to make a buss. deal.
Go Magic!!!!
Real Magic Fan

Palm Coast, FL

#25 Aug 27, 2007
Mark wrote:
Trade Hedo and Nelson and a future 1st round pick for Mike Bibby. Put Ariza at the SG position. It's no way that Redrick can guard players like V. Carter, T. McGrady, Kobe, D. Wade, and even G. Hill. We talking about guards around 6'4 to 6'8. And Trevor is all 6'8 with long arms.
Nobody can guard these guys, that's why we call them SUPERSTARS!!
Keron

Virgin Islands, U.S.

#26 Aug 27, 2007
I think the Magics can get a deal done with the Nuggets.The Nuggets want cap Flexability,and they are willing to move players to get that.I think gettin J.R. Smith well be easy,and if they throw in Reggie Evans that well be great,(Remember Shaq & Bo Outlaw back in the dayz).I think if the Magic pacage,Carlos Arroyo,Hedo Turkoglu, and Garrity they can get J.R.,Evans & and a throw-in,So there startin 5 would look like this:
PG:Jameer Nelson-12pts,6ast*
SG:J.R. Smith-14pts,3reb,3ast
SF:Rashard Lewis-24pts,6reb,3ast,1stl
PF:Reggie Evans-5pts,8reb
C:Dwight Howard-20pts,12reb,2blk
Scott

Orlando, FL

#27 Aug 28, 2007
I like the possibilities of the Smith Evans trade as well. Trade Dooling and Garrity (all though I don't think it will happen you lose dooling then bogans and ariza are your only back court defensive players). What I like about the Foyle pick up is this: Since we lost Darko I have been saying we need to pick up a veteran big that can play with us for 1 maybe 2 years until Gortat and Augustine get some NBA game experience. Especially Gortat. Gortat will be our back up of the future. Would have loved to see Charles Oakly in a magic uniform for 1 year.

Since: Apr 07

Chesterfield, MO

#28 Aug 28, 2007
Lewis, Ariza, Foyle, Howard, Nelson, Reddick, Nelson, Battie, Dooling.

Get rid of everyone else!

Package anybody I left off for Artest. Artest with the above mentioned players give the Magic a solid shot of contending in the East.

Turk is a liability, his shooting loss is trumped by the emergence of Reddick as a shooter. That is why we drafted him. Garrity is nothing more than a practice player. Why Bogans is on the roster escapes me.

The Magic are headed in the right direction. It was the right thing to let Darko go. We would have been waiting another few years for him to round into the player we wanted him to be.

Since: Jun 07

Winter Garden, FL

#29 Aug 28, 2007
MarkL5 wrote:
Get rid of everyone else!
Package anybody I left off for Artest. Artest with the above mentioned players give the Magic a solid shot of contending in the East.
lol did ya have to say the word shot in that sentence,knowing ron artest's is known for his fighting.the last thing we need is a hothead like him on this team,about the only thing he would be doing is staying on suspension lol.anybody but ron artest please.
Jimbo

Lincolnshire, IL

#30 Aug 29, 2007
Great CHeap Pickup! Also, they have a good idea of how we can use him. This guy offcourse is not an offensive weapon but he is a dirty shot blocking guy who is not scared of anybody. He will also make HOWARD work harder in practise.
We are getting deeper and this is good news.
Everybody wants to trade HEDO but you guys are not thinking clearly. Imagine if RASHARD goes down for couple of days. Exactly. HEDO is a great insurance and did well covering GHILL. RASHARD will be great but when he subs out or injured...HEDO will come in handy. Yess we do have JJ but what if he gets inconsistent.
Patience. Hedo is a great guy...inconsistent but good. He is never scared of going to the basket either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
News Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
News Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
News Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
News Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
News Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
News Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
More from around the web