Magic discover role that suits Foyle perfectly -- OrlandoSentin...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The Golden State Warriors had little use for Adonal Foyle. The Orlando Magic should have plenty.
Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Aug 29, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kingv99

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

Good addition. Needed another big.
rebel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

Can't wait until season starts.

Last year was so depressing, with the talent we had. I believe coach Van Gundy will have players ready for each game this year.

Division is going to be much tougher this year. I can hear Tommy Heinson bragging already.

If Miami picks up Artest they will be tough...if they don't they go down the tubes.

Orlando will have their hands full for sure.
Colombiano

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

I can't wait either.... The Magic will do really good this year.

I don't think we need another big man. I think we need a SG. We also need to trade Hedo somewhere... I wish for an expiring contract, but I don't think the magic will do any more trades for now. I think Otis will pick it up before the dead line trade and ship Hedo and hopefully Garrity somewhere.
AARP

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

The Magic will be a good, maybe very good team next year. They have stars (Howard, Lewis) role players (Battie, Foyle, Ariza), and a good coach. Don't trade Hedo. When he is healthy he is a great asset for Howard...You can never have enough good shooters.

Since: Jun 07

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

fat lot of good its going to do when you wont be able to see 90% + of the magic games due to them being moved to fox sports net which you will have to have digital cable in order to recieve it,thanks orlando magic for screwing your fans over like this,its enough to make me an ex-magic fan.
Kurt

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

for 1.2 million Foyle is a good addition...but I still feel that we are 1 good player away from becoming a contender.
otis the cable guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

georgeandersonjr wrote:
fat lot of good its going to do when you wont be able to see 90%+ of the magic games due to them being moved to fox sports net which you will have to have digital cable in order to recieve it,thanks orlando magic for screwing your fans over like this,its enough to make me an ex-magic fan.
dude...you can save money and get better selection with dish or directv. Cable sucks!
Jjj

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

We'll see...
Tin Foyle

Indialantic, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

having dish network or direct tv is nice ..........anywhere else in the USA. Here in orlando "the thunderstorm capital of the world" your dish is usually down or cant get good signal. I tried it for a while out here in winter springs but it just didn't work for me. So looks like no magic games for me this year.....
Mikebloms

Casselberry, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

I guess we got a big man...... Not the best but he is a solid Big. I sure hope we find another Shooting Guard before the season starts or we trade for one. The only reason i am for the Foyle signing is because he is a real physical player down low and the magic need that more than anything. We have scoring with DH and Rashard so we need some toughness and hopefully Foyle will bring his A game to Orlando next season.

Houston? whats good with this guy anyone know is he going to be a knick or is he lookin to land any place that he can? Man it would be nice to grab him some how
CSmart

Brandon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

Great signing! Dwight please develop a bank shot or decent jump shot!
Typical

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

Tin Foyle wrote:
having dish network or direct tv is nice ..........anywhere else in the USA. Here in orlando "the thunderstorm capital of the world" your dish is usually down or cant get good signal. I tried it for a while out here in winter springs but it just didn't work for me. So looks like no magic games for me this year.....
Most of their games are at 7:00 p.m., long after the thunderstorms have passed through. I love my DirecTV, but then I watch most of the home games from my seats in the lower bowl. I can't wait until the season starts!
willie lominchar

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

i think orlando should make a deal for jr smith and if evans comes along in the deal even better both guys are young howard c evans pf lewis sf smith sg redick pg ariza 6 man of the year otis what are you waiting for do it denver needs a point give them dooling arroyo and garrity
Anti-ignorance Policy

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

Solid Signing by the Magic

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

Pay the extra $20 bucks and stop crying
georgeandersonjr wrote:
fat lot of good its going to do when you wont be able to see 90%+ of the magic games due to them being moved to fox sports net which you will have to have digital cable in order to recieve it,thanks orlando magic for screwing your fans over like this,its enough to make me an ex-magic fan.
Tin Foyle

Indialantic, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

we need jr smith and evans! we dont have any money to get anyone else so we have to take what we can get.
Magic all the way 2007/2008!!
edgar

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

im still hope for a trade for ron artest what about bibby and an artest for nelson turkoglu garrity and dooling and a 1st rd pick?
Colombiano

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

edgar wrote:
im still hope for a trade for ron artest what about bibby and an artest for nelson turkoglu garrity and dooling and a 1st rd pick?
What about you quit smoking?????
rodney

Osteen, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

edgar wrote:
because in the real world there is something called salary cap and in the world where salary cap comes in to play inorder for a trade to go through the league the salary between a player or players must match. and ron artest makes 7 million and bibby makes 14 million so that would be 21 million in salary between 2 players nelson makes 2 million still under the rookie salary turk makes 6 garrity makes 3.5 and dooling makes 4 so that only comes out to 15.5 million which is less than the 21 combined salary of artest and bibby and the second thing that is wrong with your post is that it is highly unrealistic even if the salary did match which it doesnt!
Mark

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2007

Trade Hedo and Nelson and a future 1st round pick for Mike Bibby. Put Ariza at the SG position. It's no way that Redrick can guard players like V. Carter, T. McGrady, Kobe, D. Wade, and even G. Hill. We talking about guards around 6'4 to 6'8. And Trevor is all 6'8 with long arms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142

Search the Adonal Foyle Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••