Magic eye veteran big man Foyle -- OrlandoSentinel.com

The Orlando Magic may have set their sights on veteran center Adonal Foyle, who became a free agent Monday when he accepted a contractual buyout from the Golden State Warriors. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
magicfanat112

Orlando, FL

#67 Aug 15, 2007
I recently had the opportunity to watch the finals of the Puerto Rico basketball league and was very surprised to see Marcus Pfizer and "Tractor" Traylor playing against each other. Both were playing exceptionally well and Pfizer was even shooting 3's with good accuracy. Both are out of the NBA at this point, but judging for their performances not for too long. The Magic may like to look at them.

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#68 Aug 15, 2007
I'm just over joyed to see some true sports talk for a change. Intelligent Magic fans talking about the team instead of about the event center or just bashing the team just for the enjoyment of it. Aside from a few odd balls, its just good to have our meeting place back!!!
a real magic fan

Converse, TX

#69 Aug 15, 2007
Stepheno3 wrote:
So the Magic is going to pay this guy $10.1 Million this year, from what I understand, and most people have never even heard of him: That sounds Great! The Magic should have made an effort to keep:Darko Milicic, as he was perhaps the best player they had o the team last year! Well we will probally have another bench sitter, being paid 10.1 million $$'s a year,what else is new!
your a idiot. i cant even argue with this comment its so stupid. the face that you made the statement that darko was the best player on our team... is just dumb we were willing to keep him but he wanted more money that he was worth and people who actual watch basketball know who foyle is you idiot.
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#70 Aug 15, 2007
polishdad wrote:
Extending Dwight - Good move
Signing Lewis - Good move
Letting Hill go - Bad move
Letting Milicic go - Horrible move
Counting on Jameer to be the Point Guard of the future - wishful thinking.
New coach - the coach does not play, so it makes no difference
Prediction for next year - 50% or slightly above and out in the first round.
Extending Dwight - Good move [TRUE]
Signing Lewis - Good move [TRUE]
Letting Hill go - Bad move [True...but he chose to leave, we did NOT let him go]
Letting Milicic go - Horrible move---[VERY TRUE[BUT...again...we HAD to let him go especially since he didnt think signing RASHARD was important to us]
Counting on Jameer to be the Point Guard of the future - wishful thinking.[VERY TRUE but its possible because he would not be asked to be offensive this time around]

New coach - the coach does not play, so it makes no difference [NOT TRUE...Coaches dont play but are a HUGE influence to a team, especailly a young team..ie. giving players playing TIME]

Prediction for next year - 50% or slightly above and out in the first round.[Slightly agree- because if Jameer/JJ Redick/Ariza kick butt, we could go far.
a real magic fan

Converse, TX

#71 Aug 15, 2007
polishdad wrote:
Extending Dwight - Good move
Signing Lewis - Good move
Letting Hill go - Bad move
Letting Milicic go - Horrible move
Counting on Jameer to be the Point Guard of the future - wishful thinking.
New coach - the coach does not play, so it makes no difference
Prediction for next year - 50% or slightly above and out in the first round.
im not suprised your this ignorant about basketball with a name like polishdad. do u even watch the magic?
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#72 Aug 15, 2007
Foyle will help a lot and fill in for Dwight adn Battie at the same time. Battie is Great but getting old.
magicnole

United States

#73 Aug 15, 2007
This would be a good pickup at a great opportunity. There is no doubt Foyle would help here as long as he doesn't care about receiving veteran's minimum for us...as of this point we are basically relying on Pat Garrity to play big which is scary.
Ryan

Greensboro, NC

#74 Aug 15, 2007
Florida today is saying that we are in preliminary decussions to trade dooling and garrity to Denver for JR Smith and Reggie Evans.
Whatever

Cocoa, FL

#75 Aug 15, 2007
1.First, the magic should sign Foyle.
2. Second they should trade Arroyo, Bogans, Garrity, and Battie for Camby and Smith!
3. Starting five of Nelson, Smith, Lewis, Howard, and Camby!
4.Back-ups Dooling, Reddick, Ariza, Hedo, Foyle, and whoever is left!
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#76 Aug 15, 2007
Ryan wrote:
Florida today is saying that we are in preliminary decussions to trade dooling and garrity to Denver for JR Smith and Reggie Evans.
WOW...that would be amazing...JR smith has had a wild yr and Reggie Evans is great defensively. This would definitely be a win win to both sides. I was going to say why the hell would they want Garrity but its his last yr and that can help the overloaded nuggets. JR SMITH can definately help. Very athletic, good offense adn not too bad defense. AND we get to unload Garrity!
robertohenry

San Josť, Costa Rica

#77 Aug 15, 2007
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic arent even mentioned in this article, so I'm pissed that you made me read it.
Well maybe we have to send you back to school.
"The 32-year-old Foyle appeared to have interest in joining the Orlando Magic, which would be much closer to his homeland of tiny Canouan, in the cluster of Caribbean islands called St. Vincent and the Grenadines."
Does this make it easier for you!
mojo

Dallas, TX

#78 Aug 15, 2007
would work if you sent turk and another player that made salaries match like arroyo or jameer BUT there is that factor of philly actually wanting the guys for miller...doubt it but who knows
Mitchell UK wrote:
<quoted text>
Miller would be a good acquisition, and an improvement on Orlando's current point guard situation. He's 31, so he has a few years left in him yet. The only problem I would see is that if Orlando does make this deal with Denver, they would have very little to offer Philly for Miller. Dooling and Garrity's expiring contracts are the sort of thing the 76rs would want.
Nelson's contract is nowhere near a match for Miller's, so the only legit pieces we could offer would be a package of our young talent, i.e. Ariza, Redick and Nelson, and maybe Arroyo's expiring deal as well. I don't think we could get a fair trade for Andre Miller unless the Denver deal doesn't go ahead.
mojo

Dallas, TX

#79 Aug 15, 2007
i know thats right
Deezworld wrote:
I'm just over joyed to see some true sports talk for a change. Intelligent Magic fans talking about the team instead of about the event center or just bashing the team just for the enjoyment of it. Aside from a few odd balls, its just good to have our meeting place back!!!
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#80 Aug 16, 2007
Deezworld wrote:
Amen to THat!!
Now back to Foyle, JRsmith, ReggieEVans etc... They say its gonna take couple of wks. I have to say, I love OTIS man...the more he waits, the more intelligents this guy sounds.... who would even have thought about this kind of a deal.? Even if it doesnt go through, it just sounds so smart. You fill the holes in the roster and you get exactly what you want. You hate to lose Dooling but hey, you get something similar or better in return in Evans and adn get Rid of GARRITY! And Per, OTIS, "i'm not in a hurry at all, we are talking and we'll keep talking, we have couple of things we are working on"....man...that is just exciting.

As long and Howard and Rashard are on the team, they can trade anybody they want.
ForeverFan

AOL

#81 Aug 16, 2007
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't "let" Hill go and even if we had, I wouldnt consider it a bad move. He is completely undependable, not to mention a liar, and was holding back our young guys (Trevor and JJ). Good riddance Grant...you suck!
He meant Grant Hill, not Brian Hill, duh! You, Trevor & JJ are the ones who suck!:)
roberthenry

San Josť, Costa Rica

#82 Aug 16, 2007
One thing is for sure you are going to see changes in the next couple of months.
Lets hope that they turn out great.
Sacha Nyada

Ann Arbor, MI

#83 Aug 17, 2007
Dan wrote:
BTW, saying Darko may have been the best player on our team last year is completetly assinine. Probably your worst post ever, which is really saying something considering there have been several terrible posts left by you.
He should have said that Darko was the best Magic big man in the playoffs. Often able to ram his way inside against the Pistons' front line. Getting and making high percentage shots. More important, keeping the ball. In the playoffs, where it counted, Darko came through.
In Europe, he's reportedly playing well.
To be an NBA star, Darko needs to develop an inside touch to go with his inside moves, which are slicker than Dwight's. Too often during the regular season he tanked on easy shots. Otherwise, he's the real thing on offense, inside defense, and rebounding. Come September, check out the FIBA site to see what the Magic lost. Also check out the international bames to see how team basketball should be played. In international hoop, you won't see any Lewises. Thank God.
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#84 Aug 17, 2007
Sacha Nyada wrote:
<quoted text>
He should have said that Darko was the best Magic big man in the playoffs. Often able to ram his way inside against the Pistons' front line. Getting and making high percentage shots. More important, keeping the ball. In the playoffs, where it counted, Darko came through.
In Europe, he's reportedly playing well.
To be an NBA star, Darko needs to develop an inside touch to go with his inside moves, which are slicker than Dwight's. Too often during the regular season he tanked on easy shots. Otherwise, he's the real thing on offense, inside defense, and rebounding. Come September, check out the FIBA site to see what the Magic lost. Also check out the international bames to see how team basketball should be played. In international hoop, you won't see any Lewises. Thank God.
Good point....Darko was great in teh playoffs but thats that...he was good end of the season year before too..but then again he started same sloppy play and very inconsistent. Well...He is history, now he can talk all the time he wants to develop. I would still say that he should have had some patience and wait out for the magic to make a deal for him. Ohh well, too bad.
big vern

Lady Lake, FL

#85 Aug 17, 2007
has any one heard about penny signing with miami, he claims he still has a lot to give..i wonder what that means. a lot of headaches, a lot of missed games sitting on the bench. why would anyone sign that guy ever....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
More from around the web