Magic eye veteran big man Foyle -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 79 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 14, 2007, titled Magic eye veteran big man Foyle -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic may have set their sights on veteran center Adonal Foyle, who became a free agent Monday when he accepted a contractual buyout from the Golden State Warriors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Stepheno3

Orlando, FL

#1 Aug 14, 2007
So the Magic is going to pay this guy $10.1 Million this year, from what I understand, and most people have never even heard of him: That sounds Great! The Magic should have made an effort to keep:Darko Milicic, as he was perhaps the best player they had o the team last year! Well we will probally have another bench sitter, being paid 10.1 million $$'s a year,what else is new!
john

Orlando, FL

#3 Aug 14, 2007
Stepheno3 wrote:
So the Magic is going to pay this guy $10.1 Million this year, from what I understand, and most people have never even heard of him: That sounds Great! The Magic should have made an effort to keep:Darko Milicic, as he was perhaps the best player they had o the team last year! Well we will probally have another bench sitter, being paid 10.1 million $$'s a year,what else is new!
Learn to read. The Magic will only pay him 1.2 million dollars.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Aug 14, 2007
Stepheno3 wrote:
No, the Magic will pay him just over $1m per year - the Warriors, because they waived him, pick up the rest. The only way the Magic will end up paying him the full amount is if the pick up his contract before he clears waivers. Orlando will wait until he clears waivers and then pay him the vet's minimum. Golden State will pay him the rest of the money. Honestly, learn the rules and regs before you make such ridiculous comments.

Foyle will be a good pick up for the minimum. He offers good defense and toughness around the paint, even if his offensive game is limited. His rebounding and blocking ability are superior to Darko's even if he can match him on offense. He's good for 5pts, 5reb and a couple of blocks in 20 mins. If Orlando can pick up another cheap big man the roster will be ok - I like the idea of Alexander Johnson, who averaged 4pt and 3reb in 12mpg last year, and is still young with a great upside. Either that, or as I have said before, trade Hedo for a guy like Kenny Thomas or Udonis Haslem.
Frog

United States

#5 Aug 14, 2007
The article says 1.2 mill, NOT 10.1 mill would be paid by the Magic. Do you really think that Darko brought more to the Magic than Rashard will? Do you even watch any NBA games?
Stepheno3 wrote:
Get Real People

Orlando, FL

#6 Aug 14, 2007
The Magic pay the guy 1.2 million a year. Learn how to read.

Darko is a stiff. He always has been.
Jim in Maine

Barre, VT

#9 Aug 14, 2007
I am 63 years old, 6'1" and slow, but I will sign and play beside any of the big players for only $100,000. Think of the cap room. Oh yes, and the only performance enhancement drugs I use are to help me in the bathroom. Jim
Jim in Maine

Barre, VT

#10 Aug 14, 2007
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read. The Magic will only pay him 1.2 million dollars.
Ouch, that is harsh.

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

#11 Aug 14, 2007
Hey, Darko is just a young man, just beginning to learn basketball, he may become a good player and has had some flashes but he still has plenty of time to grow. After 5 years if he hasnt gotten much better you can consider him a stiff.
So what do you think your going to get for 1.2 mil. a superstar? You get a backup that nobody else wants or an aging star who wants one last chance ie Penny in Miami and maybe Reggie in Boston. You just need someone good enough to cover for Dwight while he takes a breather.
magic fan

Winter Park, FL

#12 Aug 14, 2007
Otis Sucks!
Colombiano

United States

#13 Aug 14, 2007
I don't think He will sign with the magic if Boston would be able to offer the same contract.

I'd be good if we are able to sign him since PJ Brown has not made up his mind and I cannot think of any other big man.
Colombiano

United States

#14 Aug 14, 2007
magic fan wrote:
Otis Sucks!
So do you
Jeff Tressler

Greensboro, NC

#15 Aug 14, 2007
This aquisition will rank right up there with the Celtics signing Kevin Garnett. We should not be in a postion where we have to try to replace Darko. We can't. If the Magic had any decent negotiators, they could have made a deal with Darko and still aquired Lewis.
Forrest Trump

Orlando, FL

#16 Aug 14, 2007
Stepheno3 wrote:
You are by far the dumbest person on here. You never make sense, NEVER! It's funny though at least I will always have someone to make fun of. And like others have mention already learn how to read first and comprehend what the article is about.

Since: Jun 07

New York, NY

#17 Aug 14, 2007
the ideal person is pj brown, but he's too expensive, then i'd consider foye, but he's too expensive, if your going to go with a cheaper guy go with jake, he's huge, and you really only need him in there when dwight gets tired or in foul trouble, and the kid looks like he can at least stand his ground and box out against the likes of shaq and yao, dwight is amazing and if your going to get another big guy, chances are he's going to be slower than dwight, so you might as well go for height. darko was alright, he'll get good numbers with pau there next to him taking all of the attention away from him, sort of what dwight did for him, but he's not worth what they gave him, and we would have been foolish to pay that.
polishdad

Bethpage, NY

#18 Aug 14, 2007
Extending Dwight - Good move
Signing Lewis - Good move
Letting Hill go - Bad move
Letting Milicic go - Horrible move
Counting on Jameer to be the Point Guard of the future - wishful thinking.
New coach - the coach does not play, so it makes no difference

Prediction for next year - 50% or slightly above and out in the first round.
Mark

United States

#19 Aug 14, 2007
as long as we are into signing stiffs, bring back mark acres!
CSmart

Brandon, FL

#20 Aug 14, 2007
Malik Allen or Alexander Johnson will
make better fits because they bring something on the offensive end. Ely
and Sweetney are big risk.
fanofthemagic

Denver, CO

#21 Aug 14, 2007
polishdad wrote:
Extending New coach - the coach does not play, so it makes no difference
Prediction for next year - 50% or slightly above and out in the first round.
1st Coach comes with a game plan to win not the B. Hill of let's try not to lose.
2nd You have this Team in the playoffs
I do not see that with the assembled players. Need more team players. Trade Arroyo and rights to Fran Vazquez for some talent now.
Vincent

Kissimmee, FL

#22 Aug 14, 2007
what about darius washington...he is full of talent and exciting to watch.
dee

El Paso, TX

#23 Aug 14, 2007
darius is guard if i remember correctly.... ELY would be a good choice, folye is an ok choice if he's interested. others id go with is the one that were listed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
News Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
News Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
News Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
News Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
News Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
News Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
More from around the web