Magic starting point guard job now on the shoulders of Rafer Al...

At the same time their incumbent all-star point guard was undergoing season-ending surgery on Thursday, the Orlando Magic were making a move to fill Jameer Nelson 's sneakers, acquiring 10-year veteran Rafer ... Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Jon

Orlando, FL

#1 Feb 19, 2009
I think that's important for our fans to know: We're not sitting back on our thumbs waiting for next year because we lost Jameer," Smith said. "We're not crying in our soup. We're trying to get better."
Thats what we want to hear Otis. That was prob the best deal we could have got and it should help us.

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#2 Feb 19, 2009
Otis pulled off the steal of the trade deadline. He holds his cards close to his chest. This trade was not on ONE rumor board.

Of course once Rafer has one bad game, the anti-Otis, anit-Magic
d--chebags will be back on the boards.

Has anyone seen the video of where Rafer was accused of a DUI? If I was on the jury I would through it out of court.

Judge for yourself, but IMO the cop was an a$$hole!

turdstorm

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2009
Yeah, Alston was a great pickup. at least now we can watch the rest of the season w/o getting too many headaches... he's a good defender (something we've been lacking at the pg spot), can get the ball moving, and will make the occasional 3ball. He also brings in some toughness that is completely absent from this team. At least we know he can handle the ball because of his street ball days. After watching recent games w/ Johnson and Lue splitting time at PG, the only thing that has come to mind is my handle name that you see to the left. That's exactly what magic basketball has been.

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#4 Feb 19, 2009
I have a question for kenny as I'm just trying to understand what kind of basketball fan you are.

Answer this, if Lebron plays for the Knicks in 2010, will you be a Cavs fan or a Knicks fan.

Once you answer this, I will understand your comments better.
turdstorm

United States

#5 Feb 19, 2009
...and i'm also glad to see Foyle and cook out. Foyle is too old and Cook doesn't seem to care about basketball at all. I spent some time in a rockets chat earlier and they are very angry that the rockets gave away alston. They all say the magic "raped" us yet again (again because they think we dropped off an injured mcgrady on purpose or something, lol). All the analysts seem to say the magic made the most beneficial trade before the deadline too, which is a plus for otis smith's decision making. Next year should be even better w/ a nelson/alston combo, looking forward to it.
Chad

Philippines

#6 Feb 19, 2009
Turdstorm... I was also in a Rockets chatter earlier and as you said they are PISSED off with the Magic stealing Alston. Also, the TMAC situation has gotten way out of control. MeMac gets called "Half man Half Season" now in Texas! HEHEHE.. that's funny!
Jon

Orlando, FL

#7 Feb 19, 2009
I see KG got injured a few minutes ago. That could level out the playing field if he is out a while. Its time for the magic to step up and start playin the ball they were playing for the 1st half of the season.
Jon

Orlando, FL

#8 Feb 19, 2009
The celtics are breakin down. Weve had cleveland's number. The magic still have a chance this year IMO.
jj redick

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Feb 19, 2009
wait! what happened to schmitz "trade not likely" article??
CSG

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Feb 19, 2009
I know this is weird but I am a huge fan of the Rockets and Magic (and yes I am from New York)and I watch most of both teams games. The point I am trying to make is that there aren't many fans with better insight on how Alston fits with the Magic than me, I guess. Alston is a very good fit with the Magic. If he was a better three point shooter he would almost be a perfect fit. He is by no means a savior but he will be solid. I am interested to see the amount of assists he gt because it seemed like he needed someone to lob the ball up to for an alley oop. His only option on the rocket was McGrady and he couldn't catch it or even jump up to the ball. I expect to see Alston and Howard to hook up on a lot of alley oops. But once again, he isn't really too much of a scoring threat (on most nights) so it shouldn't be as often as Paul to Chandler. Overall this is a great move for both this year and next year.
turdstorm

United States

#11 Feb 19, 2009
the celtics are winning without KG, they're still #1 in the east, jon. did you forget how physical, sometimes dirty, they play?
turdstorm

United States

#12 Feb 19, 2009
CSG,
That's good to hear you think so, seeing how you actually watch rockets games. I've always known his shooting isn't that great, but how many assists per game do you expect him to get w/ a team like the magic... a dominant center surrounded by 3pt shooters? He may not score like nelson, but i see him getting players better shots than nelson ever did.
Tim Zeep

Melbourne, FL

#13 Feb 19, 2009
Now the Magic have two open roster spots, who should they add? Sound off here: http://www.orlandomagicdaily.com/
Tiffany

United States

#14 Feb 19, 2009
next year i think rafer,and jameer is gonna be in the startin back court together
turdstorm

United States

#15 Feb 19, 2009
alston had this to say about the trade, Its great to go to a team that wants you.
derek

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Feb 19, 2009
Welcome to the Orlando Magic Skip. We will want you to start another fight with Rajon Rondo next time we play Boston. Oh, and go "skip 2 my lou" on Sasha when we see the Lakers in the Finals.
Rondo-

Sasha- http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frank

United States

#17 Feb 19, 2009
Garnett went out of the game against Utah with a sprained knee ? Yeah right. Just like the Paul Pierce phantom injury from last year. I think KG wants another little break knowing that the Celtics play Phoenix next. And right now the Suns are playing run and gun. Take your break KG.
Frank

United States

#18 Feb 19, 2009
You can't say the word k n e e on here ? Lol. Unbelievable!!
Radu

Bucharest, Romania

#19 Feb 19, 2009
This anti-Otis douchebag thinks it's a great trade. More like a robbery of the Rockets. Do they still have a Gm or it was just a player's meeting?
derek

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Feb 20, 2009
Associated Press-
"It's great to go to a team that wants you," Alston told Houston television station KRIV. "It's an honor and privilege to go to a team that is willing to trade something to get you."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
Find out why Magic's Foyle has some big fans in... (Feb '09) Feb '09 M ONeill 21
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Adonal Foyle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••