thud!

Unless they change their ways, the possibility of having home-court advantage in the playoffs won't be an advantage at all for the Orlando Magic. Full Story

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#24 Jan 4, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
I meant to say I agree, but keyboard battery ran low and got agre. lol new battery no problem now.
Maybe that is Dwight's problem with his free throws he needs a new battery.
Better yet have JJ show him how to shoot free throws then make his shoot free throws after practice for a couple of hours after practice.
Until he gets it right and can show he can keep hitting his free throws. I mean come on 3-10 in free throws and some people wonder what is wrong with the Magic.
Hey Phil, I was at the game really early against the Nets and when I got there Dwight was working on his low post moves with Patrick Ewing. Then he moved over shooting free throws and I swear he was making almost every one. Then the game started and he went 3-10. Maybe it's a pressure thing!

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#25 Jan 4, 2008
Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Phil, I was at the game really early against the Nets and when I got there Dwight was working on his low post moves with Patrick Ewing. Then he moved over shooting free throws and I swear he was making almost every one. Then the game started and he went 3-10. Maybe it's a pressure thing!
Maybe the next time Ewing works with Howard on his free throws bring in a crowd of people to make as much noise and what not to put more pressure on him when he practices. I don't know what else to say about Howard and his free throws they need to try anything.
We all know that if he had gotten just half of his free throws the ending would have been different.
I couldn't help it but everytime Howard went to the free throw line I cringed and then prayed then cursed then rolled my eyes to top of my ceiling thinking what else God??!!!!
big vern

Summerfield, FL

#26 Jan 4, 2008
FormerFan wrote:
WAY TO GO NETS!!! GREAT COMEBACK VICTORY!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
or keep paying the refs to make horrible calls and or one sided calls...zebras should be heard not seen...
1WhoCares

Melbourne, FL

#27 Jan 4, 2008
So many of you are talking about DH and his free throws, how about the rest of his game? Anyways maybe he will get better at free throws and then maybe not. But one thing you have to keep in mind is the rest of the game and that he is in the company of some great big men that also could not make free throws, oh like Wilt and Shaq to name two.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#28 Jan 4, 2008
1WhoCares wrote:
So many of you are talking about DH and his free throws, how about the rest of his game? Anyways maybe he will get better at free throws and then maybe not. But one thing you have to keep in mind is the rest of the game and that he is in the company of some great big men that also could not make free throws, oh like Wilt and Shaq to name two.
He also has a problem when he is double teamed of turning the ball over, but the free throws stand out.
I mean 3-10 is gross not just terrible. If he had just got half of those to go in the Magic would have won not lost.
Yes he is a very good Center, but not great yet, but as he keeps on getting better then he will be great.
With Ewing's help Howard can be a great. He just has a few things that he has to work on to get to that level.
Magic Fan

Clearwater, FL

#29 Jan 4, 2008
1. MAgic Fan has partially stolen my identity, with the exception of the capatalized A. However, I liked his input on the Howard thing, as well as his Hillary comments, so no foul. Maybe I should get a more obscure name.

2. BMS is the worst kind of fan. Dogging out Howard for a bad free-throw night. Normally, DH does much better. Nobody can appreciate the beating this center gets on any given night. I've been to several games and watched Dwight get pounded by multiple players on multiple drives (no foul calls, of course). That leaves bruises. Centers don't shoot well because their arms get elbowed, smacked, punched and so forth all game. It comes with being in the paint. This might have been a particularly bruising night.

So, BMS, show up here when you have something to add besides whining. Dwight gets banged up by more than 2nd and 3rd string hacks, and all at the same time.

He's the best center in the league, we're lucky to have him, and you need a pacifier.
BMS

De Leon Springs, FL

#30 Jan 4, 2008
Magic Fan wrote:
1. MAgic Fan has partially stolen my identity, with the exception of the capatalized A. However, I liked his input on the Howard thing, as well as his Hillary comments, so no foul. Maybe I should get a more obscure name.
2. BMS is the worst kind of fan. Dogging out Howard for a bad free-throw night. Normally, DH does much better. Nobody can appreciate the beating this center gets on any given night. I've been to several games and watched Dwight get pounded by multiple players on multiple drives (no foul calls, of course). That leaves bruises. Centers don't shoot well because their arms get elbowed, smacked, punched and so forth all game. It comes with being in the paint. This might have been a particularly bruising night.
So, BMS, show up here when you have something to add besides whining. Dwight gets banged up by more than 2nd and 3rd string hacks, and all at the same time.
He's the best center in the league, we're lucky to have him, and you need a pacifier.
Oh I am soooooo sorry! I didn't know Dwight was imune from criticizm. I am sooo sorry, He never makes any mistakes and his free-throw shooting is perfect. I wouldn't change a thing about it. 3 out of 10 is PERFECT, how can you find any fault with that? And congratulations on being to several games. So that makes you an expert, i'm sure. Maybe you can start writing for the Sentinel now.
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#31 Jan 4, 2008
Sixx wrote:
Simple solution: Cheer for the opposing team.
Seriously, if the team shows more intensity they will get plenty of support.
To T_Bowser: I would definitely make that trade, but I don't think the Bucs would.
true remember early in the season when we played boston. i thought there were more boston fans at our stadium than magic fans. we all know how that turned out.
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#32 Jan 4, 2008
BMS wrote:
So Dwight thinks its the fans fault because they suck so badly at home? We don't cheer loud enuff for them and boo the opposition? PULEEEZE!
When he can grow a "pair" and quit getting pushed around in the paint by 2nd and 3rd string hacks, then maybe i will listen...
Grow up Dwight
what position do you play

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#33 Jan 4, 2008
Magic Fan wrote:
1. MAgic Fan has partially stolen my identity, with the exception of the capatalized A. However, I liked his input on the Howard thing, as well as his Hillary comments, so no foul. Maybe I should get a more obscure name.
2. BMS is the worst kind of fan. Dogging out Howard for a bad free-throw night. Normally, DH does much better. Nobody can appreciate the beating this center gets on any given night. I've been to several games and watched Dwight get pounded by multiple players on multiple drives (no foul calls, of course). That leaves bruises. Centers don't shoot well because their arms get elbowed, smacked, punched and so forth all game. It comes with being in the paint. This might have been a particularly bruising night.
So, BMS, show up here when you have something to add besides whining. Dwight gets banged up by more than 2nd and 3rd string hacks, and all at the same time.
He's the best center in the league, we're lucky to have him, and you need a pacifier.
No he is not the best center in the league, but one day he could be with help from one of the best centers to ever play the game Patrick Ewing.
First thing he needs to improve his free throw skills right now they suck. I hear he's great in practice, but come game time he goes down the drain. In the begining of the season he hit his free throws, but that time is over.
The other problem is working on a shot other then under the basket and last,but not least he needs to get a handle on passing the ball out from double teams other then turning the ball over.
MagicFan does not think that anyone should say anything about the way Dwight plays, well MagicFan if Dwight fix's those problems then I will stop saying anything about his game, except for good things.
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#34 Jan 4, 2008
BMS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I am soooooo sorry! I didn't know Dwight was imune from criticizm. I am sooo sorry, He never makes any mistakes and his free-throw shooting is perfect. I wouldn't change a thing about it. 3 out of 10 is PERFECT, how can you find any fault with that? And congratulations on being to several games. So that makes you an expert, i'm sure. Maybe you can start writing for the Sentinel now.
are you the son of mike bianchi. good to know we have an expert.lol

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#35 Jan 4, 2008
One more thing for MagicFan to digest Patrick Ewing could actually hit free throws and he is not that short, so your excuse for Dwight missing free throws is as bad as Dwight hitting 3-10 in the free throw department.
Bring Back Bo

Orlando, FL

#36 Jan 4, 2008
BMS wrote:
So Dwight thinks its the fans fault because they suck so badly at home? We don't cheer loud enuff for them and boo the opposition? PULEEEZE!
When he can grow a "pair" and quit getting pushed around in the paint by 2nd and 3rd string hacks, then maybe i will listen...
Grow up Dwight
I dont think that was what he was saying and Ive never seen him get pushed around in the paint since his rookie year. Smoke another one.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#37 Jan 4, 2008
Bring Back Bo wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think that was what he was saying and Ive never seen him get pushed around in the paint since his rookie year. Smoke another one.
Well bad news Dwight got pushed around in the paint against Houston and he fouled out and no double, double. Better at the free throw line, but overall he still wasn't all that good.
The refs were at the end terrible.
Bogans was really bad 0-3 and Lewis was terrible 2-8 and even worst overall Hedo had a bad night as well.
Carlos was playing well, but Nelson had to play and that stopped that.
Home Sweet Home doesn't exist for the Magic, God I hope they do better on their road trip otherwise this year is starting to look really long.
Tarfa

Lady Lake, FL

#38 Jan 5, 2008
Take this players away from their wives whenever we play at home. Put them in a hotel in Disney, 24 hours before the game as punishment. It seems they are having too much fun with their wives or girl friends.
As a fan,we are tired of seeing our team losing at home.
We have a good team, but just win at home.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#39 Jan 5, 2008
Here is another article that fits how the Magic are playing at home it's a must read. Says a lot about how Howard plays at home compared to the road.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-msi...
eddie169

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#40 Jan 6, 2008
I think Nelson is a great player but he is not a natural playmaker, coach Vangundy try to use him as a shooting gard with Arroyo as playmaker . Im sure they going to do a great backcourt combination. Just try it for a while if it doesn't what you have to loose coach Vangundy. This is my humble opinion

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#41 Jan 6, 2008
eddie169 wrote:
I think Nelson is a great player but he is not a natural playmaker, coach Vangundy try to use him as a shooting gard with Arroyo as playmaker . Im sure they going to do a great backcourt combination. Just try it for a while if it doesn't what you have to loose coach Vangundy. This is my humble opinion
Oh lets see no defense from the midget, oh I mean Nelson. Considering your plan is to make him the 2 guard and the average height is 6'5" oh yes that is JJ's height. Yes people when he is wearing his shoes his total height is 6'5"1/2. Nelson with shoes is 5'10". I saw this thing posted from St.Joe's you know the college Nelson went to and it listed him at 5'9.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#42 Jan 9, 2008
"Thud" that is the sound of the Magic in their last game against the Kings another team with a losing record.
The only player that showed any fire was JJ and he scored 10 points in less then 8 minutes and the Magic almost came back to win the game.
Announcer's mentioned that JJ seemed to spark the Magic unlike the other guard play from the Magic.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#43 Jan 11, 2008
Well it appears the Magic went "THUD" once again when it comes to a team with a winning record.
The teams that they beat on the road had/have losing records.
Hedo had a terrible night he doesn't seem to have an inbetween it's either terrible or great. If he had a so-so game the Magic could have won, though it would have helped if Howard had made more of his freethrows.
Well the next game is against the Jazz who the Magic could not beat at home, and at that time the Jazz were not playing their best basketball, but Bogans got burned badly and the rest is history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
More from around the web