Source: Magic, Foyle agree to terms -...

Source: Magic, Foyle agree to terms -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 33 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 22, 2007, titled Source: Magic, Foyle agree to terms -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Veteran center Adonal Foyle has agreed to terms with the Orlando Magic, according to a league source, waiting only for his agent/attorney to return to the country to announce the deal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rodney

Orlando, FL

#22 Aug 22, 2007
Colombiano wrote:
<quoted text>
It'd be nice to make that trade right??? you dumbazz!!! would you make the trade if you were Denver? No right??? Denver will not trade Evans and Smith for Garrity and Dooling. Keep wishing.
no lets review denver is going to be way over the lux tax and yes if i were denver under normal circumstances i wouldnt make the trade however with martin going back into the line up i would no longer need evans and jr smith is basically lost in there line up to begin with with majority of the min being used by ai and melo. now for a first round pick and the expiring contracts of garrity and dooling yes if i were denver i would do it and if i were the magic yes i would do it please research the rumors and trade lines that are posted before you deem something unrealistic
Colombiano

Richardson, TX

#23 Aug 23, 2007
rodney wrote:
<quoted text>no lets review denver is going to be way over the lux tax and yes if i were denver under normal circumstances i wouldnt make the trade however with martin going back into the line up i would no longer need evans and jr smith is basically lost in there line up to begin with with majority of the min being used by ai and melo. now for a first round pick and the expiring contracts of garrity and dooling yes if i were denver i would do it and if i were the magic yes i would do it please research the rumors and trade lines that are posted before you deem something unrealistic
MMMMM I did search other sites to find out about that trade. Maybe you need to go back to last weeks paper to read it again.

Denver would like an expiring contract which makes sense for them, but not for garrity. Who is Garrity and what has he done. Denver thinks that if they look around they could get something better and I bet you they will. JR Smith is a younger version of Artest, but half the teams in the NBA would like to have him b/c of his skills. Is he better than Dooling??? Hell Yeah! would Denver trade him for Dooling?? Hell NO!

You are thinking with the magic brain b/c the trade would make us much better, but the trade would not make better Denver even though they have expiring contracts
Colombiano

Richardson, TX

#24 Aug 23, 2007
jackson wrote:
What are these potential denver rumor trades? please fill me in
Evans and JR Smith for Garrity and Dooling and maybe someone else like Augustine. It'd be nice right??? It would make us really good!!!

But Denver HAS ALREADY SAID NO TO THAT TRADE b/c they can get better players in return
Dow11

Nortonville, KY

#25 Aug 23, 2007
Darko - 5 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.2 bpg, 7 million
Foyle - 4.4 ppg, 5 rpg, 1.8 bpg, 1.3 million

Welcome to Orlando Mr. Foyle.

Now who still thinks we should have signed Darko?
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#26 Aug 23, 2007
Colombiano wrote:
<quoted text>
It'd be nice to make that trade right??? you dumbazz!!! would you make the trade if you were Denver? No right??? Denver will not trade Evans and Smith for Garrity and Dooling. Keep wishing.
Umm...Excuse me mr. dumbazz....please think...
Magic primary need is to improve the roster while denver's is to clear some current adn future cap room and that is why they Might or may actually make this happen. Denver already is a good team with great players and they can do fine without JR/Evans. Kenyon martin is coming back and Iverson is taking all the minutes from JR. Now only if you think logically for a min ther if at all possible mr. dumpazz...you might just get the point.. Please at least use your head and keep your ghetto comments to yourself before calling ppl out.
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#27 Aug 23, 2007
Well...the bottom line is that Foyle will give us the defensive presence that we need in teh middle. Our offense should not be a problem with Rashard/Howard and especially if JJ kicks in. As far as the numbers goes...Oak Tree is 42yrs old while Tin foyle is 32 and pretty athletic upfront.
With a Vet. Min., A GREAT Freaking Pickup!

And I doubt OTIS is done yet!
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#28 Aug 23, 2007
Colombiano wrote:
<quoted text>
MMMMM I did search other sites to find out about that trade. Maybe you need to go back to last weeks paper to read it again.
Denver would like an expiring contract which makes sense for them, but not for garrity. Who is Garrity and what has he done. Denver thinks that if they look around they could get something better and I bet you they will. JR Smith is a younger version of Artest, but half the teams in the NBA would like to have him b/c of his skills. Is he better than Dooling??? Hell Yeah! would Denver trade him for Dooling?? Hell NO!
You are thinking with the magic brain b/c the trade would make us much better, but the trade would not make better Denver even though they have expiring contracts
Colombiano, Denver doesnt want to be Better....they want their salary cap to be better they is why they are trying and make this deal possible. Offcourse it doesnt make sense for Denver getting Garrity/Dooling but Iverson has taken over JR spot and Kenyon martin is coming back. That is why those 2 players are expendable and they dont need anybody in return but salary flexibility. They are playing hard to get because they want magic to sweeten the deal with couple of picks.
Gabe from Iowa

Sibley, IA

#29 Aug 23, 2007
Good luck Magic! Hopefully Adonal Foyle works out better for you guys than he did for the Warriors. They paid him big bucks just because of his size. Of course he let them down. I highly doubt you're paying him as much as they were. If they couldn't get production out of him, I'm sure you'll have a hard time doing so! But thanks for leaving P.J. Brown alone. Hopefully my Bulls will resign him and use him to his full potential this time!
Gabe from Iowa

Sibley, IA

#30 Aug 23, 2007
Okay, I don't know why everyone above me kept saying that Iverson took JR Smith's spot. Last time I checked, Iverson is listed as a "point guard." I don't know who else is going to play pg since they traded andre Miller and Boykins is gone too. Jr Smith is a shooting guard last time I checked. And Melo is a small forward. Therefore there's plenty of room for him. If I was denver, I would definitely Not take Garrity and Dooling if I had to give up Smith and Evans.
Colombiano

Richardson, TX

#31 Aug 23, 2007
Tmacin wrote:
<quoted text>
Colombiano, Denver doesnt want to be Better....they want their salary cap to be better they is why they are trying and make this deal possible. Offcourse it doesnt make sense for Denver getting Garrity/Dooling but Iverson has taken over JR spot and Kenyon martin is coming back. That is why those 2 players are expendable and they dont need anybody in return but salary flexibility. They are playing hard to get because they want magic to sweeten the deal with couple of picks.
WOW you should be a GM. You are so smart and well spoken too.

K. Martin is another G. Hill. If Martin gets hurt again ( which he probably will) then who would start? Garrity??? You're funny!!!

Then again I really hope I'm wrong because Evans and Smith will makes much much better coming off the bench, but Denver will not trade them for nothing. Nothing means ( Garrity) Dooling is a decent player.
Colombiano

Richardson, TX

#32 Aug 23, 2007
Gabe from Iowa wrote:
Okay, I don't know why everyone above me kept saying that Iverson took JR Smith's spot. Last time I checked, Iverson is listed as a "point guard." I don't know who else is going to play pg since they traded andre Miller and Boykins is gone too. Jr Smith is a shooting guard last time I checked. And Melo is a small forward. Therefore there's plenty of room for him. If I was denver, I would definitely Not take Garrity and Dooling if I had to give up Smith and Evans.
Thank you.....you save me a lot of writting to the guy that thinks AI is playing SG and Denver
steven

San Francisco, CA

#33 Aug 24, 2007
yea i understand colombiano who would really make that trade if they were a gm ,i wish they would hurry the trading up with someone OTIS get rid of garrity the guy sucks and the magic site acks like he is a star, love him in the past tho but now he is overpaid giving this guy foyles salary cap would be overpaing this guy magic fans lets hope foyle could step it up just a little bit because i live in the bay area and foyle could bring in darkos numbers if he plays more minutes because he only avarged 10 min a game we will up that up a little bit.
Colombiano

Richardson, TX

#34 Aug 24, 2007
steven wrote:
yea i understand colombiano who would really make that trade if they were a gm ,i wish they would hurry the trading up with someone OTIS get rid of garrity the guy sucks and the magic site acks like he is a star, love him in the past tho but now he is overpaid giving this guy foyles salary cap would be overpaing this guy magic fans lets hope foyle could step it up just a little bit because i live in the bay area and foyle could bring in darkos numbers if he plays more minutes because he only avarged 10 min a game we will up that up a little bit.
I really hope that we're able to ship Garrity somewhere.... Otis has some work to do. I think the magic will have to use Garrity some how and they trade him by January.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
News Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
News Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
News Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
News Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
News Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
News Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
More from around the web