Source: Magic, Foyle agree to terms -...

Source: Magic, Foyle agree to terms -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 33 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 22, 2007, titled Source: Magic, Foyle agree to terms -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Veteran center Adonal Foyle has agreed to terms with the Orlando Magic, according to a league source, waiting only for his agent/attorney to return to the country to announce the deal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JLynx

Kissimmee, FL

#1 Aug 22, 2007
Nice! Good pick up. Darko who?
OneMoreTry

Oviedo, FL

#3 Aug 22, 2007
Thanks for the stimulating comment + your little attempt at making kick-back money. Loser. He wasnt brought in to score points, he was brought in to block shots, rebounds, and foul people. Why dont you get your head out of your arse and think before you post.

PS. Rootzoo sucks. I hated it, and you will too.
The Mastermind

Starke, FL

#4 Aug 22, 2007
Couldn't you have found a better picture - it looks like he is taking a crap. Anyway, here's hoping he can block some shots and take a little defensive pressure off the Franchise.
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#5 Aug 22, 2007
THat is all we need. A defensive presence. I think we can all agree we have enough offense coming season....Now only if we go ahead and make this Denver deal thats been out there...We should be ready to kick butt.
philip boggs

AOL

#6 Aug 22, 2007
Good move Otis! Darko's offensive skills were never outstanding, but his defense was quite adequate. Here we get a guy with superior defensive skills and an offense that's highly questionable. Remind you a bit of Big Ben Wallace? The other guys on the floor should take up any offensive slack. It'snice to have a GM who thinks before he leaps!
rodney

Orlando, FL

#7 Aug 22, 2007
thank you otis step one has already been done and to all you people who mocked me for saying that we would sign foyle to a vet min there is your answer now the next move is to trade Dooling and Garrity for J.R. Smith and Reggie Evans and a future 2 or 1st round pick which ever would get the deal done then your line up for the orlando magic would be

starting 5
nelson
smith
lewis
evans
howard

bench
arroyo
redick
hedo/ariza
battie
foyle

all i can say is deep lineup!
dee

El Paso, TX

#8 Aug 22, 2007
thats good. so 2 big men and i think were okay in the big men outlook. i would have said eddie griffen but he died this past weekend in a car crash RIP.
Don N

Ocala, FL

#9 Aug 22, 2007
There is a reason Tin Foyle (as Vecsey likes to call him) wasn't in Golden State's regular player rotation, and a reason that other NBA teams weren't beating down his door with offers other than the minimum. He is a slow, plodding center - a good shot blocker and marginal rebounder. And I am being kind when I say his offensive skill set is "limited." Sorry if I can't get excited about this signing.
This just in ... Foyle's signing, the potential acquisitions of Reggie Evans (a career backup) and JR Smith (a troubled but talented youngster) are not gonna put the Magic on par with the Spurs, Suns, Cavs, Mavericks, etc. Not even close.
El Don

Allen, TX

#10 Aug 22, 2007
Great signing. Don't give up on the players we have already. I like Ariza, JJ , Carlos and Hedo (bench).
We need to see them on a fast system, not like B. Hill walking the ball like this players knew each other for 10 years. If they can trade Dooling and Garrity to Denver. They could give anybody problems. It all depends on the coach and injuries.
Michael In Ocoee

Polk City, FL

#11 Aug 22, 2007
For the vet. minimum, it's a good pickup.

Hopefully, they are not done yet.
Tigga

Plano, TX

#12 Aug 22, 2007
This is a great pickup for the Magic. Foyle gives the magic the size ( which is lacking in the east with the exception of Detroit) If the magic are able to obtain JR smith and evans, they will be potentially a top 4 team in the stronger East
rodney

Orlando, FL

#13 Aug 22, 2007
Don N wrote:
There is a reason Tin Foyle (as Vecsey likes to call him) wasn't in Golden State's regular player rotation, and a reason that other NBA teams weren't beating down his door with offers other than the minimum. He is a slow, plodding center - a good shot blocker and marginal rebounder. And I am being kind when I say his offensive skill set is "limited." Sorry if I can't get excited about this signing.
This just in ... Foyle's signing, the potential acquisitions of Reggie Evans (a career backup) and JR Smith (a troubled but talented youngster) are not gonna put the Magic on par with the Spurs, Suns, Cavs, Mavericks, etc. Not even close.
OK THERE A FEW TEAMS IF ANY THAT ARE LIKE THE SPURS THE SUNS WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT NASH WHEN HE WAS INJURED PROVED THAT STATEMENT THE CAVS ONLY HAVE LEBRON AND THATS IT SO OTHER THAN THE PISTONS SUNS AND SPURS THE MAGICS LINE UP WITH THOSE ADDITIONS WOULD CREATE A LOT OF MISS MATCHES FOR TEAMS TO HANDLE IM NOT SAYING THAT JR SMITH AND EVANS ARE THE SALVATION OF THE TEAM HOWEVER THEY ADDRESS WHAT THE MAGIC NEED NOW A SLASHER SHOOTING GUARD AND A PF THAT CAN REBOUND
frenzy

AOL

#14 Aug 22, 2007
for the min. salary this is great pick up how can you complain about inside defensive big man as a back up.
Clayton Bigsby

Allen, TX

#15 Aug 22, 2007
Great Move...A guy who just wants to block shots and rebound, now Dwight can focus more on the offensive end...
newjerseymagic

Bound Brook, NJ

#16 Aug 22, 2007
I think this is a good pick up. Personally, I like the Denver trade, except I would rather trade Arroyo, not Dooling. Dooling is a combo guard, with good defense and a better understanding of Stan Van Gundy's system, having played in it already/

Arroyo, while I like him, is streaky and does not improve the Magic.

Some writers already feel that Dooling can rest the starting PG spot from Jameer.

Either way, I think this is a good step in the right direction. Next summer we use our mid-level to make more improvements. Or trade the next set of expiring contracts.

Go Magic!!!!
Colombiano

Richardson, TX

#17 Aug 22, 2007
This are some good news at a cheap price. Never mind Darko..... I'm happy to get Foyle since he know he does not need to score for us to be effective.
Colombiano

Richardson, TX

#18 Aug 22, 2007
Don N wrote:
What are you smoking??? The Cavs??? come on!!! Did you watch the playoffs last season when the Warriors beat the Mavericks? Anything can happen and the magic are better than the Cavs today.

If Foyle signs with the magic is because of his defensive presence that's all. Ain't nobody excepting 10 points and 10 rebounds every night from him. 4 points, 6 rebounds, 2 block shots and a steal would be good enough for a guy that will come from the bench.
Colombiano

Richardson, TX

#19 Aug 22, 2007
rodney wrote:
thank you otis step one has already been done and to all you people who mocked me for saying that we would sign foyle to a vet min there is your answer now the next move is to trade Dooling and Garrity for J.R. Smith and Reggie Evans and a future 2 or 1st round pick which ever would get the deal done then your line up for the orlando magic would be
starting 5
nelson
smith
lewis
evans
howard
bench
arroyo
redick
hedo/ariza
battie
foyle
all i can say is deep lineup!
It'd be nice to make that trade right??? you dumbazz!!! would you make the trade if you were Denver? No right??? Denver will not trade Evans and Smith for Garrity and Dooling. Keep wishing.
JLynx

Kissimmee, FL

#20 Aug 22, 2007
Garrity has an expiring contract.
jackson

Henderson, NV

#21 Aug 22, 2007
What are these potential denver rumor trades? please fill me in

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
News Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
News Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
News Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
News Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
News Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
News Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142
More from around the web