Struggling Curry uncertain about role with Knicks

Full story: Newsday

Eddy Curry, labeled "The Centerpiece" in this season's marketing campaign, is only the center of the latest issue engulfing the Knicks.
Comments
21 - 31 of 31 Comments Last updated Dec 29, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lenny78

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

The Knicks are just one small (and ultimately inconsequential) example of how bad things can get when a city is deluded in to the belief that exported violence (i.e. the War in Iraq) and currency speculators define a city while everyone else under the age of 30 can work at coffee shops, drive a pedicab, or sell hot dogs. Dolan's team is a reflection of the brutal power of unlimited money and control of the media; we need not look far to see where that happens elsewhere in Amerikay.
New York City is a drab, boring place where only one class calls the shots. Dolan is one of them, that one percent that is only reliant on the same insane and mediocore logic that Halliburton uses; use it all up, make money on the way up (and down), let the sheep try and sort it out.
Don't be a sheep, don't follow the Knicks.
Ben

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Jerry wrote:
Curry as well as all the Knick players have to remember that this is just a game. They get paid for having fun. They should remember their youth when they played on th e courts and flew through the air like Michael Jordan, when they were invincible.
They need to play with that same spirit. To play selflessly. To play with their whole heart every game, every minute, because they have been given a gift. A gift to play a game to make a living, a good living. A gift to be in the public spotlight to influence young men and women. A gift to make so much money that many of them can afford to give over 50% of their salaries to charities if they so choose. Fly like eagles.
When you play, keep the end goal in mind. It is not winning. It is not making enough money to pay the bills. It is not so people can idolize you. It's because God gave you a gift to be in the public eye to influence the young. It's because God gave you a gift to make enough money to help those less fortunate. It is because God gave you a gift to show the youth of this world how to work hard and be good sports. Remember the goal. Remember the kids, remember your gift. Play with everything you have because while you only have to play 30 minutes every other night there are people struggling to pay their bills working 60 plus hours a week. There are soldiers making nothing but dirt to protect our interests. There are people who give up their time freely to help the poor.
Play because you are thankfull. Play to glorify God for all he has done.
OK, Jerry. We get it. You're bored and are using these comments to amuse yourself. Keep up the posts ... you're developing into quite a competent satirist - for a Knicks blog!

“Livin' and Dyin' in 3/4 Time”

Since: Nov 07

Doniphan, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

I remember FOXSPORTS MIDWEST doing a series of shows about Curry when he was a senior in HS. I clearly remember thinkin' this big chubby chubby better get his mind on fitness before he decides to jump straight to the league. He would have benefited from the structure and guidance of a college program, but if I were 18 and someone offered me that kind of money, it would have been a very difficult choice. Ishiah has lost his mind. Loved him at IU, loved him as the affable PG of the bad boys, now he's just another overpaid suit. Sorry NY, y'all deserve better.
EdL

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Isiah's two biggest problems as a GM are 1) he has no conception of how to actually put a team together - what the various components should look like and how they should interact together and 2) he is always convinced that he can get something out of a player (Curry, Marbury, for example) that no one else ever has. Absolutely fatal.

“Livin' and Dyin' in 3/4 Time”

Since: Nov 07

Doniphan, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

and apparently I can no longer spell Isiah correctly...
Ben

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Lenny78 wrote:
The Knicks are just one small (and ultimately inconsequential) example of how bad things can get when a city is deluded in to the belief that exported violence (i.e. the War in Iraq) and currency speculators define a city while everyone else under the age of 30 can work at coffee shops, drive a pedicab, or sell hot dogs. Dolan's team is a reflection of the brutal power of unlimited money and control of the media; we need not look far to see where that happens elsewhere in Amerikay.
New York City is a drab, boring place where only one class calls the shots. Dolan is one of them, that one percent that is only reliant on the same insane and mediocore logic that Halliburton uses; use it all up, make money on the way up (and down), let the sheep try and sort it out.
Don't be a sheep, don't follow the Knicks.
What one-hit political site did you copy and paste this from?
sick of knick

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Biju wrote:
I got a good trade that will help 3 teams - Chicago, New York and Sacramento:
Bulls get Q-Rich and Mike Bibby.....Sacramento gets Malik Rose, Eddy Curry and Ben Gordon.....NY gets Ben Wallace and Ron Artest.
That 3-way deal would solve all 3 of those teams problems. Can I be the Knicks GM?
Basically you're saying that the Knicks give up nothing and get two great defensive players. I don't think the bulls and Kings are that stupid. They're not giving Ben gordon up to wind up with an injured Mike Bibby and a washed up Q.
Omar Minaya

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Biju wrote:
I got a good trade that will help 3 teams - Chicago, New York and Sacramento:
Bulls get Q-Rich and Mike Bibby.....Sacramento gets Malik Rose, Eddy Curry and Ben Gordon.....NY gets Ben Wallace and Ron Artest.
That 3-way deal would solve all 3 of those teams problems. Can I be the Knicks GM?
Bulls get robbed in that deal big time.
Omar Minaya

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

EdL wrote:
Isiah's two biggest problems as a GM are 1) he has no conception of how to actually put a team together - what the various components should look like and how they should interact together and 2) he is always convinced that he can get something out of a player (Curry, Marbury, for example) that no one else ever has. Absolutely fatal.
Curry wasn't dealt off because the Bulls gave up on him. They were scared of him being healthy enough to not drop dead on the court. I think Isiah just can't believe how the players in today's game don't play with heart the way they did even 10 years ago. There is too much showing off and slacking off in the NBA today. Players are content to not try and reach their full potential because they are getting paid regardless, and very well at that.
JOBAFAN

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

THIS TEAM IS VERY IMMATURE AND IT'S UNFORTUNATE TO THIS DAY THERE'S NO LEADER IN THE LOCKERROOM BESIDES ROSE, BUT HE CAN'T DO IT ALONE.
Jerry

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

Portland is one of my favorite teams, namely because they have Frye and a great pool of young talent that is developing. About 12 games ago the team was struggling and 5-12. They have won 12 straight and are now 17-12. Wonder how their fans were taking it at 5-12.

The Knicks have a lot of young talent, like the Trailblazers. They may not be able to win 12 in a row, but they are capable of playing over .500. I wonder how many Knick Fans are going to be there to enjoy the ride. It's kinda like stocks, you buy them when their is blood in the streets, sell them when everyone in the party is talking about them. It's a tough thing to do, and there are few that are capable of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142

Search the Adonal Foyle Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••