Struggling Curry uncertain about role with Knicks

Full story: Newsday 31
Eddy Curry, labeled "The Centerpiece" in this season's marketing campaign, is only the center of the latest issue engulfing the Knicks. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Make Nylon

Lodi, NJ

#1 Dec 27, 2007
If Curry is confused about his role with the team (besides his confusion regarding grammar...'he didn't say nothing') he should consider how, despite the millions he is paid to be a professional athlete, he again came to training camp out of shape. A true professional wouldn't need motivation to stay in shape year-round, as the motivation would already be provided by an intense desire to win. Of course, if the checks cash either way, why bother?

Put me on the knicks--i'll be in shape and ready to drain some game-winning hook shots.

Since: Aug 07

Little Neck, NY

#2 Dec 28, 2007
Curry's role is simple - He's Fat, Selfish, Lazy and has no Basketball skills. His role is obviously that of a loser. Inotherwords, he's just the kind of talent that Isiah Thomas and Dolan have been looking to bring into the Knicks organization. Hopefully, the can train him to be a sexual harrasser too just like his mentor.
Biju

Rockville Centre, NY

#3 Dec 28, 2007
Funny thing is people don't know about Curry is that he was a horrible High School player in Chicago. Scouts just saw a big kid that could move well and had "potential". Fact of the matter is Eddy Curry has never had a work ethic and will never EVER live up to the player the scouts thought he would be. Curry needs to be benched or traded because he's becoming a cancer like Marbury to the other Knicks.
terraceinc

New York, NY

#4 Dec 28, 2007
When Isiah Thomas continually says that "Curry needs to find things to do to effect the game on the defensive end; not just on the offensive end" as he stated again yesterday; he sounds less intelligent than Curry does; which is hard to do..........Can't Isiah even simply spell it out? Why can't he say something like..We were set for a big game against Orlando; we needed Eddy; and then he goes out and commits 2 silly fouls in the first 2 minutes. We can't have that from our starting center..........or say Eddy needs to help out on drives to the basket and get a hand up on shots and still be able to box out and rebound, etc. WITHOUT committing silly fouls..........To make matters worse you now AGAIN have Curry stating that nothing was said to him at practice!!!!!!!! SAME as he said after the last Chicago road game where he was disgraceful in his own hometown. After that game he said Isiah knows where his locker is and he see's him every dat at practice...If Isiah ever has anything to say about his game he knows where Curry is..........WHAT KIND OF GARBAGE IS THIS? EVERY GAME. EVERY WEEK. EVERY MONTH and EVERY YEAR with Isiah Thomas and his "leadership" of this organization.
Omar Minaya

New York, NY

#5 Dec 28, 2007
I don't see why Isiah has to repeat things to Curry. He has told him in the past what he expects from him. By benching him most of the game, I'm sure he hoped that it might finally sink in. Unfortunately, it doesn't look or sound that way so far. Curry shouldn't be confused. He is a dominant offensive force, who can score on anyone. He needs to read the double teams more and pass out of them before they reach him. He needs to play with more fire, cut down on the ticky tack fouls, play some solid defense at least and grab rebounds. He should feel disgusted that as tall and athletic as he is, his rebounding is poor.

That being said, Curry is still the future franchise center for this team. The Knicks need to be careful and help him improve, not confuse him and shoot his confidence down. They need to bring in a big man, who can teach Curry on both sides of the court. Patrick Ewing needs to be brougt back in some capacity, if he's able to, next year. I actually like Isiah, and overall I enjoy the fact that the roster has gotten younger and I see potential in this team however they need to come together as a team and improve. They don't need their roles confused and there being constant chaos and flux in the organization. Maybe it's time to give Herb Williams a shot at being the HC next year. That should be a great bargaining chip to bring back Ewing as an assistant, as well. Might as well bring Oakley to the staff too as he might get all over the players if they don't play with the same heart he did.
Fed Up

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#6 Dec 28, 2007
Unbelievable that the Knicks gave up two lottery picks and two players for this guy. But then, with Isiah's track record of trades, this latest debacle fits right in.
Velt Man

Cresskill, NJ

#7 Dec 28, 2007
Now I know why Larry Bird kicked him out of Indiana. Larry most likely avoided a nightmare; not that the Pacers are the greatest team, but you don't see them going through all this drama (they shipped out stephen jackson and artest). I still like artest game, though. Heck, bring him to the knicks.... Best way to deal with the knicks spolied inefficiency is to boycott the games. James Dolan has way too much free time and money. He's paying people who are not even there (Larry Brown, Anucha Brown, Allen Houston, probably Larry Johnson (lol), Penny Hardaway, Jalen Rose, etc. Need I say more. You must have money to burn, if so give the fans cheaper tickets, give those garden workers a raise or bonus; I am sure they are hustling (peanuts, popcorn, sweeping the arena, etc.) Utterly ridiculous!!! All this is too much to bare for knicks fans. Heck, I don't even see Spike Lee at the games (if/when I watch them). Hilarious!!!!
Jerry

AOL

#8 Dec 28, 2007
Curry as well as all the Knick players have to remember that this is just a game. They get paid for having fun. They should remember their youth when they played on th e courts and flew through the air like Michael Jordan, when they were invincible.

They need to play with that same spirit. To play selflessly. To play with their whole heart every game, every minute, because they have been given a gift. A gift to play a game to make a living, a good living. A gift to be in the public spotlight to influence young men and women. A gift to make so much money that many of them can afford to give over 50% of their salaries to charities if they so choose. Fly like eagles.

When you play, keep the end goal in mind. It is not winning. It is not making enough money to pay the bills. It is not so people can idolize you. It's because God gave you a gift to be in the public eye to influence the young. It's because God gave you a gift to make enough money to help those less fortunate. It is because God gave you a gift to show the youth of this world how to work hard and be good sports. Remember the goal. Remember the kids, remember your gift. Play with everything you have because while you only have to play 30 minutes every other night there are people struggling to pay their bills working 60 plus hours a week. There are soldiers making nothing but dirt to protect our interests. There are people who give up their time freely to help the poor.

Play because you are thankfull. Play to glorify God for all he has done.
BigAl

New York, NY

#9 Dec 28, 2007
F Great mmove by incompetent & moronic Isiah.

Thomas the imbecile trades 2 unprotected lottery picks for Curry, a player the Bulls want to get rid of.

F Priceless!!!
Mike

Duryea, PA

#10 Dec 28, 2007
Hey, pray for a trade dude. It's not good to be here anyway.
Mike

Duryea, PA

#11 Dec 28, 2007
Jerry wrote:
Curry as well as all the Knick players have to remember that this is just a game. They get paid for having fun. They should remember their youth when they played on th e courts and flew through the air like Michael Jordan, when they were invincible.
They need to play with that same spirit. To play selflessly. To play with their whole heart every game, every minute, because they have been given a gift. A gift to play a game to make a living, a good living. A gift to be in the public spotlight to influence young men and women. A gift to make so much money that many of them can afford to give over 50% of their salaries to charities if they so choose. Fly like eagles.
When you play, keep the end goal in mind. It is not winning. It is not making enough money to pay the bills. It is not so people can idolize you. It's because God gave you a gift to be in the public eye to influence the young. It's because God gave you a gift to make enough money to help those less fortunate. It is because God gave you a gift to show the youth of this world how to work hard and be good sports. Remember the goal. Remember the kids, remember your gift. Play with everything you have because while you only have to play 30 minutes every other night there are people struggling to pay their bills working 60 plus hours a week. There are soldiers making nothing but dirt to protect our interests. There are people who give up their time freely to help the poor.
Now thats funny. Just a game you say. It used to be a game, now it's all business. Not sure where you have been. Kids play games, men get paid to work.
FIRE THOMAS NOW

United States

#12 Dec 28, 2007
IT IS'NT CURRY IT'S BONEHEAD THOMAS. IF BIRD COULD SEE IT HOW COME DOLAN CAN'T? DOLAN GET A COACH, STOP THE LAUGHTER AT THE KNICKS NOW, OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE SELL THE DAMN TEAM TO SOMEONE WHO CARES.
sick of knick

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Dec 28, 2007
Jerry wrote:
You are dillusional and boring.
Smitty

United States

#14 Dec 28, 2007
The center from Philly would do just fine. Bring in Artest and send Richardson back to the Clippers. He hasen't done any headbanging since he's been here. How can a small forward not finish on the break? There are so many things wrong with this team it's a shame. Randolph is way better than Curry. He might not can't play D but he can rebound 10 times better!
mark

New York, NY

#15 Dec 28, 2007
We need to stop supporting the team. That means not buying tickets, not attending games, not buying merchandise, not watching MSG (giving them TV ratings to sell commercial time), AND NOT READING ABOUT THEM IN THE PAPER. Articles in the paper generate buzz, which helps keep them relevant, which helps keep people watching. Which supports the team.

This will be the last time I read about the Knicks. No more support from me, Dolan. Until I see a new owner, a new rebuilding plan, or they make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, the Knicks are DEAD to me.
mark

New York, NY

#16 Dec 28, 2007
We need to stop supporting the team. That means not buying tickets, not attending games, not buying merchandise, not watching MSG (giving them TV ratings to sell commercial time), AND NOT READING ABOUT THEM IN THE PAPER. Articles in the paper generate buzz, which helps keep them relevant, which helps keep people watching. Which supports the team.
This will be the last time I read about the Knicks. No more support from me, Dolan. Until I see a new owner, a new rebuilding plan, or they make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, the Knicks are DEAD to me.
TOM SLICK

Chicago, IL

#17 Dec 28, 2007
You wanted curry, and you got him. He can't rebound, block shots or play defense. You deserve NY and NY deserves you. Curry lacks toughness.
BigAl

New York, NY

#18 Dec 28, 2007
Curry is a worthless piece of trash!!!
Tradre hi sorry butt to anyone who will give u 5 used jocks!!!!
Wait!!! The used & smelly jocks are much better than Curry!!!!
Isiah+3 used jocks!

Dolan is a clear 7 sorry example that intelligence & successs doesn't go from father (CHarles) to incompetent Jimmy Boy!
Biju

Rockville Centre, NY

#19 Dec 28, 2007
I got a good trade that will help 3 teams - Chicago, New York and Sacramento:
Bulls get Q-Rich and Mike Bibby.....Sacramento gets Malik Rose, Eddy Curry and Ben Gordon.....NY gets Ben Wallace and Ron Artest.
That 3-way deal would solve all 3 of those teams problems. Can I be the Knicks GM?
evilNYC55

Rockville Centre, NY

#20 Dec 28, 2007
Oh my God. can someone please show Isiah how to use a computer. Have him use espn's trade machine or REALGM's If we can make trades that work why can't he?. I know it's fake but Jesus, why can't the man just try it. It can't be harder than his method, look for the highest contract method.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adonal Foyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 1-year-old... (Mar '09) Jun '09 bremerton-1 12
Bringing Jameer Nelson back for Finals an iffy ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Blake34 30
Magci re-sign center Adonal Foyle (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dave 15
Magic starting point guard job now on the shoul... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Andrew 129
Rafer Alston dons No. 1 in first Amway Arena ap... (Feb '09) Feb '09 willie 4
Rafer Alston trade huge coup for Magic GM Smith... (Feb '09) Feb '09 coolzero 61
Magic trade Brian Cook for Rockets' Rafer Alston (Feb '09) Feb '09 egriff txsports org 142

Adonal Foyle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE