Gordon paces Bulls past Wizards

Gordon paces Bulls past Wizards

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 19, 2007, titled Gordon paces Bulls past Wizards. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Ben Gordon scored 22 points and the Bulls had a 12-0 run in the final 4 minutes to beat Washington 95-84 on Wednesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

ron

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 19, 2007
Keep Gray on the court as a Center! Ben Wallace isn't a center, he's a power forward. Not a very good one at that!
Braszman

Homosassa, FL

#2 Dec 20, 2007
Gray's development is not surprising to me. I watched him develop at Pitt where he went from bumbling oaf to solid post presence with great vision for the inside out pass to his open shooters. Frankly the only thing that was frustrating about his game in his senior season was his shooting, which has apparently gotten better as he's gotten stronger and leaner under his NBA workout regimen. I think bringing him along slow has been smart and now Chicago will start to see why this guy was the absolute "steal" of the 2nd round.

Since: Dec 07

Flossmoor

#3 Dec 20, 2007
I've been excited about this rookie from the beginning. Play him and he will improve. Having a guy in the post who can score and pass changes the whole complection of the game for the Bulls and how opponents have to defend. Now if we can only find a reliable shooter....
Brian

Springfield, IL

#4 Dec 20, 2007
Did it really take Scott Skiles 20+ games realize that Aaron Gray was 7 feet tall and a big post presence? And that, played is short spurts, Tyrus Thomas brings an upside that far outweighs his obvious shortcomings? He sits these guys for games on end (especially Gray) for no apparently good reason, going instead for the vastly overrated Ben "Man, I sure need 'Sheed" Wallace. Sometimes I really wonder what's going through Skiles' head. So K.C., you're telling me there really was no truth to the recent rumors about players tuning out Skiles? Maybe you need to go back to D-League camp and get schooled again.
Johnrun1

Utica, MI

#5 Dec 20, 2007
Brian-I disagree with you; Skiles is extremely smart in the way he is bringing Gray along. Playing him too much in the beginning puts too much pressure on him, as does making overly glowing comments about him.
Noah, certainly needs improvement as a shooter, but is also bringing much to this team. He plays hard and his active hands enable the Bulls to get many loose balls. Thomas has also been exceptional in spurts. In all honesty, Kurt, BG, and BW have played poorly at times and been more of a reason they have been losing. The season is long and I am confident the Bulls are on their way up.
Bryan

Saint Anne, IL

#6 Dec 20, 2007
gray was awesome in the pre-season too.
Bull Hurley

Dacula, GA

#7 Dec 20, 2007
Gray was great in the Pre-Season, now he is duplicating that in the regular season. Skiles, if you want to save your job you need to cut Ben Wallace and go with the youth movement. Let's face facts the only thing Ben Wallace has done well since he arrived in Chicago is cash paychecks, miss free throws, display no leadership, play poor defense and force the Bulls to become a perimeter shooting team. Cut Wallace now, start Gray at Center and we'll stop begging to trade for Kobe!!!!!
Kenny Williams

Janesville, WI

#8 Dec 20, 2007
Can this Gray guy play center field?
The 5th Angel

Denver, CO

#10 Dec 20, 2007
Declare it throughout the realm: This is a rebuilding year for the Bulls. Calibrate your expectations accordingly and it will be a fun season. Play-offs? Forgettaboutit.

What's the name of that other rookie, again? Noah Points or Noah Rebounds or something like that. Whatever...it's a rebuilding season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Gray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Trade Rumors: Toronto Raptors trade Andrea ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 fabesballin 2
News Chairman of the boards? For Bulls, it's Noah (Dec '09) Dec '09 BullsFan-1 1
News Chicago Bulls Roster Shaping Up (Aug '09) Aug '09 Webkinz49 1
News Chicago Bulls bring back Jannero Pargo (Jul '09) Jul '09 Nada Surf 112
News Centers of attention (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mgray 1
News Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
News Luke Harangody likes his fit with Chicago Bulls (Jun '09) Jun '09 Nada Surf 31
More from around the web