Bulls Ben Wallace likes big help

Bulls Ben Wallace likes big help

There are 25 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Bulls Ben Wallace likes big help. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

As Ben Wallace extolled the virtues of playing alongside legitimate 7-footers, dropping names from his past like Elden Campbell and Eric Montross, somebody interrupted him to suggest that Montross stunk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Veritas

United States

#1 Feb 5, 2008
Wait a minute...let me get this straight. Ben Wall-less is averaging 4 points and 8 rebounds per game this year. He's making $15.5 million this year (and scheduled to make $14.5 million next year) and he is whining for help from a rookie? Are you kidding me? Play some defense and try averaging double-digit rebounds. Extol the virtues of having offensive skills at the NBA-level. Extol the virtues of having leadership skills. How 'bout that Big Ben?
Hardliner

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Feb 6, 2008
Man did Reinsdorf miss the boat on this stiff. This call was made by Reinsdorf and filtered through Paxson. He has turned into Chicago's version of Al Davis. Embarrassing.
Lamar

Schaumburg, IL

#3 Feb 6, 2008
nobody cares about the bulls. from the top down. fans need to follow the lead.
Marc

United States

#4 Feb 6, 2008
Ben Wallace hasn't earned the right to express his opinion as a Bull...he's garbage, his stats are garbage, his contract is garbage and his hustle is garbage...nobody cares what you think Ben...just keep collectin your paychecks with the minimal effort you put out each night...Wallace is your prototypical bum...
Old Time Hockey

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2008
Big Ben is a cancer.
Mark

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 6, 2008
"Cancer" is a bit generous. The Bulls won't go anywhere as long as one of the team's so-called leaders is a complete failure.
Fire Paxson

Schaumburg, IL

#9 Feb 6, 2008
Maybe he should call a team vote...

Wait a second the bulls need a post threat??? Who could have known that! I guess its a good thing we passed on Gasol then huh!

Sorry ben we have needed a post scorer for three years and well it looks like it will be atleast 3 more years before our tard of a GM actually fills a team need.
Larry in Lincolnwood

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 6, 2008
Pains me to say all the writers above me have got it nailed.
Boylan also admits he doesn't have the studs to play the new style of the game. So, why bother starting Wallace and let the Joker play 40 minutes a game and learn on the floor? This season is already over, duh....
Patrick

United States

#11 Feb 6, 2008
K.C. please stop referring this piece of garbage as "Big Ben" and substitute something more appropriate. Veritas has a good suggestion with "Ben Wall-less"...nicely done.
Carl

Salt Lake City, UT

#12 Feb 6, 2008
Patrick in Florida--Don't quit your day job . . .
Scott L

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 6, 2008
The Bulls stink and there hasn't been a decent college basketball team in the Chicago area since the Terry Cummings era at DePaul. If you are a hoops fan, you need to move.

Wisconsin Reader

Cashton, WI

#15 Feb 6, 2008
Any NBA fan knows Ben Wallace became an effective player when Rasheed Wallace joined the Pistons. . .Ben's value is magnified playing with another solid big man . . . Paxson has failed - repeatedly - to provide that missing piece. . . Paxson simply blew it with all these smaller guys. . . Watch the Portland game tonight - Remember the Bulls, in effect, traded Aldridge for Thomas.
Play Gray

Reno, NV

#16 Feb 6, 2008
The Bulls have been idiots for not playing Aaron Gray more. Like Ben Wallace says, if you're big you don't have to be all that talented. Hey, the Bulls won titles with Bill Cartwright and Luc Longley. If you are 7-feet tall, defenses have to deal with you. And if you are a guy like Gray, who is a better offensive player than Longley or Cartwright, that opens things up for everybody on the floor. The bottom line is that the Bulls are going to be stuck with Ben Wallace for at least another year. Anything they can do to make Wallace more productive, well, they have to do it.
pjd

Oak Lawn, IL

#17 Feb 6, 2008
Wisconsin Reader wrote:
Any NBA fan knows Ben Wallace became an effective player when Rasheed Wallace joined the Pistons...Ben's value is magnified playing with another solid big man ... Paxson has failed - repeatedly - to provide that missing piece... Paxson simply blew it with all these smaller guys... Watch the Portland game tonight - Remember the Bulls, in effect, traded Aldridge for Thomas.
We also got Viktor Khryapa, who is actually still on the Bulls. He actually pulled some splinters out of his backside last week.
Wardell

Chicago, IL

#19 Feb 6, 2008
Ben, you're a Pip who thinks he's a Gladys. You make me miss the non-stop, all-out effort of Jalen Rose.
steven cinco

Madison Heights, MI

#20 Feb 6, 2008
Having watched Big Ben in the D for a few years, I have to say I'm a little surprised that Coach Skiles never figured out what Ben must have been telling him. Let Ben loose on the court and good things will happen!
Edward

United States

#21 Feb 6, 2008
Why does the coaching staff decide "Gray can't play" because the other team is doing something. Can't the Bulls decide to dictate what they want to do? If Gray and Wallace are effective together then doesn't the opponent have to respond to the Bulls rather than the other way around?
Another coaching problem on a team currently loaded with them.
Who cares

Somerset, KY

#22 Feb 6, 2008
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't know I was attempting to be funny. Normal protocol is to actually contribute something before launching salvos. I can understand your lack of understanding or inability to contribute due your homeschooling in Utah Territory. Now go back to nailing your sister and leave the commentary to civilized people.
Based on your comment about nailing your sister and home schooling to a person you don't know, I would not be lecturing anyobne about covilized behavior. The name-calling of Ben Wallce, no matter what people think of his basketball ability- that is civilized?
slimBodidicus

Nevada, MO

#23 Feb 6, 2008
Which NBA team was the person who said Montross stunk an All-Star center for? They weren't? What a surprise!

To paraphrase Norm (the SNL guy): Eric Montross may not be very good compared to Shaq and other greats, but compared to the oaf who said he stinks, he's a world beater. Squared.

Reminds of the ESPN guy who used to laugh at Mark Grace's running. Mark Grace is an Olympic sprinter compared to that pinhead. And yes, you can quote me on that.
texgas

Georgetown, TX

#24 Feb 6, 2008
Play Gray and dump that winer Wallace for whatever we can get. UnbeleivaBULLCRAP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Gray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Trade Rumors: Toronto Raptors trade Andrea ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 fabesballin 2
News Chairman of the boards? For Bulls, it's Noah (Dec '09) Dec '09 BullsFan-1 1
News Chicago Bulls Roster Shaping Up (Aug '09) Aug '09 Webkinz49 1
News Chicago Bulls bring back Jannero Pargo (Jul '09) Jul '09 Nada Surf 112
News Centers of attention (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mgray 1
News Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
News Luke Harangody likes his fit with Chicago Bulls (Jun '09) Jun '09 Nada Surf 31
More from around the web