Small lineup, Ben Gordon block propel Bulls

Consistent production from Bulls big men has been a dominant story line all season, so Ben Gordon decided to take matters in his own hands - or, more accurately, finger. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
terry t

Kihei, HI

#21 Dec 7, 2008
oh, by the way nate, kirk was never uphill! thanks for more mis-information.
Boston BullsFan

Tyngsboro, MA

#22 Dec 7, 2008
Hey, I am not really much of a Ben Gordon fan but he is winning me over somewhat.

What we really should be talking about is whether we have the worst front court in the NBA. When you have to take out your 3 big men because a rookie is schooling all of them you know you are in trouble.

Until the C and PF positions are straightened out, Ben Gordon should be safe.
Pete

United States

#24 Dec 7, 2008
MattM wrote:
<quoted text>
Can not handle the Ball is not based on FACTS...he can dribble drive past most , if not all the people defending him.( 2.32 Turnovers per game)
Gordon's numbers are over 5 years, and have been consisent for his career, long before Rose.
When Gordon leaves the Bulls this summer, we will see how Rose does without Gordon next fall.
Unless you are his mother, there is no need to make him out to be what he is not.

Gordon is not an All-Star and never will be. Rose might be an All-Star THIS season.

Gordon is a good player, not a great player. It'll be easier to replace Gordon than it is to get a big to play down low!
Al B

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#25 Dec 7, 2008
OK- ALL THIS GORDAN .VS. HINRICH SOAP OPERA DRAMA NEEDS TO STOP- THEY ARE BOTH GOOD PLAYERS AND BOTH HAVE FLAWS AND GREAT THINGS ABOUT THEM. NO PLAYER IS PERFECT...
RIGHT NOW WE DONT HAVE A SOLID BACK UP PG FOR DROSE SO IF HINRICH COMES OFF THE BENCH IT WILL BE A PERFECT THING FOR THIS TEAM. IF THEY CAN CONTINUE TO PLAY THE WAY THEY DID LAST NIGHT- WITH ROSE/GORDAN/DENG/NOCIONI/HUGHE S/GOODENALL SHARING THE BALL, HUSLING, REBOUNDING, PASSING, SLASHING, MOVING, CUTTING, STRONG DEFENSE AND PLAYING THEIR ROLES, HINRICH COMING OF THE BENCH WILL BE A (+) IN MY BOOK...
THIS WILL ONLY HELP THE TEAM. AND ALTHOUGH HINRICH HASN'T HAD GOOD GAMES AFTER HE SIGNED HIS CONTRACT IT DOESNT MEAN HE CANT TURN IT AROUND. EVERY MAN ON THIS TEAM CAN PROSPER FROM DROSE IN THEIR OWN INDIVIDUAL WAYS... BUT THATS JUST MY OPION.
Nate

Chicago, IL

#26 Dec 7, 2008
Terry, I'm sure your a true Bulls fan or try to be. But if you knew anything and maybe you don't get the full scoop since you are on the wrong coast. But people here want Kirk gone just as much as Gordon.

It's not is swagger or confidence that I don't like. I don't even know where you came up with this statement. Maybe because you couldn't come up with anything solid to say?

But Gordon has lost way more games than he has help the Bulls win. I can't even give you an example of a game where he as taken over in the final minutes to win it. He can take over during the middle of a game but can't seen to finish one.

Doesn't quite matter anyway because Kirk and Hughes contracts are almost impossible to trade and I don't think Paxson is going to be able to give him the contract he wants.

If you think this city is embracing Kirk then that REALLY tells me how much you know is going on here.
Nate

Chicago, IL

#27 Dec 7, 2008
terry t wrote:
oh, by the way nate, kirk was never uphill! thanks for more mis-information.
Dude..this doesn't even make sense which is consistent with the rest of your babble......
terry t

United States

#28 Dec 8, 2008
Fans here in Chicago are just as down on Kirk as Gordon. Especially last year after he signed is contract and went down hill.
Now Wait a Minute

Munster, IN

#29 Dec 8, 2008
dils wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I love how people in this town have pigeonedholed a guy before he can show what he is. Who says that he is a 6th or 7th man? I guarantee 2 things: 1. If Ben Gordon was 6'6 no one would have a problem with his game. 2. If Kirk Hinrich had the game Gordon had last night, you'd be begging for his overpaid butt to get a an even newer, bigger contract! No one is arguing that Gordon has his down sides but to talk about him like he's a detriment to team is ridiculous. Let's make a deal, if you can name me a player on this team that's hit more game winning shots than Mr. Gordon, then I'll accept that he sucks. By the way, shooting 43% for his career from the field for a guy who shoots mostly jumpshots isn't that bad considering that Ray Allen is 44% and Kobe is 45%. I'm just saying.
Pigeonholed? Gordon has been displaying his deficiencies after his rookie season when others were still trying to figure out his weaknesses. Once they were established, it was game over.
HGe would be a much better player off the bench and a recipient rather than donor. He is a role player, period.
The fact that Del Negro has him starting either speaks for the quality of the rest of the guards or
Del Negro is playing favorites because Gordon has been with the team longer and Paxson doesn't want to look like a fool with Gordon sitting.
dils

United States

#30 Dec 8, 2008
Now Wait a Minute wrote:
<quoted text>
Pigeonholed? Gordon has been displaying his deficiencies after his rookie season when others were still trying to figure out his weaknesses. Once they were established, it was game over.
HGe would be a much better player off the bench and a recipient rather than donor. He is a role player, period.
The fact that Del Negro has him starting either speaks for the quality of the rest of the guards or
Del Negro is playing favorites because Gordon has been with the team longer and Paxson doesn't want to look like a fool with Gordon sitting.
No, I actually think Gordon is starting because he's the teams leading scorer. What I mean by pigeonholed is by the way he's playing. You never answered my statement. If Gordon was 6'6 would you feel differently about him? If the Bulls had Michael Redd or Peja instead would be happier and say that he's a role player? Because that's pretty much what you have in Gordon. A Redd or a Peja.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#31 Dec 9, 2008
dils wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, cut Gordon some slack. What he put up? What 21 pts, 7 asts, 3 reb, a monster momentum changing block on 9 of 15 shooting? What else you want from the guy. That's good production from your 2 guard. I'm getting tired of people in this town slamming Ben because it's the "in" thing to do. Yeah he dribbles too much and turns the ball over but he plays well with Derrick, puts up over 20 a game without shooting a million shots, spread the floor, and contrary to popular belief, hasn't been that bad defensively. By the way, why did Rose's assist total go up since Ben's been a starter in the lineup?
Thank you for injecting logic into a Gordon discussion. You don't completely take the ball out og BG's hand just to give it to Rose. Ben creates also as any unbiased analyst would agree.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#32 Dec 9, 2008
terry t wrote:
mr. nate, sir. i was born and raised in chicago. i'm more chicagoan than anyone. yes i live out here now and i'm looking forward to the day when i'm home for good. now that being said, i listened to games on the radio with jim durham annoucing them back in the 70's. i'm a van lier, sloan, chet walker, butterbean love, gilmore, theus, quinten daily, on and on, type of guy. i know more about bulls basketball than you can imagine. i'm a die-hard bulls guy. i've seen it all. dick motta, clifford ray, rick barry killing us when we should have won a championship. ed badger, 24-4 to end a season with wilbur holland and bobby wilkerson. don't tell me that were you live at the present has anything to do with your knowledge. where were you when gilmore and theus prowled the old stadium? huh, where were most of you guys pre jordan? you guys didn't exist. i read the sun-times and trib every day. i know what goes on there. you guys have been bashing gordon from day one. captain kirk,(seriously!) has been living on easy street until d rose. obviously hinrichs' days are numbered. obviously there was friction between gordon and hinrich. both guys know that they are not point guards, and eventually they would be fighting for a spot. the time has come. time to choose. fan favorite or 20 point per game. you make the call.
Skiles is also part of the reason some fans dump on Gordon. Skiles didn't have a clue about offensive talent so if you weren't an all defense first team kind of guy or the lunch pail type (more hustle than talent) Skiles had no problem putting down your efforts in the local news. That is how a guy with Gordon's talent ends up coming off the bench behind Chris Duhon. Gordon is the only scorer in the league who has to constantly hear he isn't first teeam all defense. We are going to regret not having him next season.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#33 Dec 9, 2008
Al B wrote:
OK- ALL THIS GORDAN .VS. HINRICH SOAP OPERA DRAMA NEEDS TO STOP- THEY ARE BOTH GOOD PLAYERS AND BOTH HAVE FLAWS AND GREAT THINGS ABOUT THEM. NO PLAYER IS PERFECT...
RIGHT NOW WE DONT HAVE A SOLID BACK UP PG FOR DROSE SO IF HINRICH COMES OFF THE BENCH IT WILL BE A PERFECT THING FOR THIS TEAM. IF THEY CAN CONTINUE TO PLAY THE WAY THEY DID LAST NIGHT- WITH ROSE/GORDAN/DENG/NOCIONI/HUGHE S/GOODENALL SHARING THE BALL, HUSLING, REBOUNDING, PASSING, SLASHING, MOVING, CUTTING, STRONG DEFENSE AND PLAYING THEIR ROLES, HINRICH COMING OF THE BENCH WILL BE A (+) IN MY BOOK...
THIS WILL ONLY HELP THE TEAM. AND ALTHOUGH HINRICH HASN'T HAD GOOD GAMES AFTER HE SIGNED HIS CONTRACT IT DOESNT MEAN HE CANT TURN IT AROUND. EVERY MAN ON THIS TEAM CAN PROSPER FROM DROSE IN THEIR OWN INDIVIDUAL WAYS... BUT THATS JUST MY OPION.
Kirk is being paid starters money. He won't accept not starting for long.
dils

United States

#34 Dec 9, 2008
ATLDre wrote:
<quoted text>
Skiles is also part of the reason some fans dump on Gordon. Skiles didn't have a clue about offensive talent so if you weren't an all defense first team kind of guy or the lunch pail type (more hustle than talent) Skiles had no problem putting down your efforts in the local news. That is how a guy with Gordon's talent ends up coming off the bench behind Chris Duhon. Gordon is the only scorer in the league who has to constantly hear he isn't first teeam all defense. We are going to regret not having him next season.
Thank God I'm not the only person who realizes how much Scott Skiles had to do with Goron being type casted in the league! That's what I meant in an earlier post about him being pigenhoed. Skiles made the decision early on what Gordon was and everyone else in this town, who don't watch the games, followed suit. I'll stand on my claim that Skiles cost this kid rookie of the year with that 6th man crap. And I'll never forget Gordon, the guy that won Skiles at least 10 games on his own, being benched in the final minutes on the Wizards series in '06. All the while Mr Hinrich couldn't get on the floor. This from the same coach that tried to ruin Tyson Chandler. That's the real reason Skiles got fired and it's the reason Pax should lose his job for investing so much trust in a coach that hasn't won anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Gray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Toronto Raptors trade Andrea ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 fabesballin 2
Chairman of the boards? For Bulls, it's Noah (Dec '09) Dec '09 BullsFan-1 1
Chicago Bulls Roster Shaping Up (Aug '09) Aug '09 Webkinz49 1
Chicago Bulls bring back Jannero Pargo (Jul '09) Jul '09 Nada Surf 112
Centers of attention (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mgray 1
Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
Luke Harangody likes his fit with Chicago Bulls (Jun '09) Jun '09 Nada Surf 31
More from around the web