Bulls fall to Mavs in exhibition opener

An announced crowd of 16,440 visited the United Center on Thursday night to see the Bulls debuts of No. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sublime1

Denver, CO

#44 Oct 10, 2008
No Damani, your putting the cart before the horse.

The guys "make everyone better but are not really good at scoring themselves" are far easier to come by compared to the elite player. You know what I mean by elite, right? I know it has been a while since we have actually had one in a Bulls uniform, but I am talking about guys that average around 20+ points and also do something else really good, like, you know, averaging at least 10 or so rebounds per game.

Also, who exactly is Rose supposed to make better. Oh, you mean the other bulls. Yea, well, here is the problem in terms of that. You know you can find some cow crap in a field, bring it inside, throw in some spices and seasoning, and it might taste better than before but it is not going to win you any food competitions.

Another problem with this whole thing is just like before free agents are not going to want to come and join some sucky team. Besides we heard this whole spiel when McGrady was a free agent. How did that turn out for us? What has changed?

Jim Bob

Pensacola, FL

#45 Oct 10, 2008
In his third year in the NBA, Rose will be an allstar. He will absolutely make his teammates better. Beasley is going to turn out to be a guy that gets traded from team to team beacuase he DOESN'T make his teammates better. He is also a defensive liability and a headcase. Lastly, Bulls fans will have a guy in Rose that they can be proud of-- he will be a star, one of Chicago's greatest players of all time. Just wait and see. Go Bulls!!!!!
MN Catalano

Rochelle, IL

#46 Oct 11, 2008
Vinny HAS REALLY GOT HIS WORK ahead of him. I'll be amazed if he's on board, in / after Feb, not that it will be his fault. But, Fat Daddy Jerry R. will need a 'scapegoat' for NEXT season's ticket buyers. He and, his 'boot-lackey', Mr Pax, just concentrate on selling seats; not a TRUE winning team.
MStanisl

South Sioux City, NE

#47 Oct 11, 2008
So, not everything turned out like we would have liked, but I think the Bulls showed a lot of talent tonight and with a little polishing they have the makings of a playoff team. Hinrich needs to learn the 2-guard position, Rose needs to be more careful with the ball, Deng needs to show up, and Gooden and Gray need to keep working hard and then we have a solid starting five. Plus, I think the Bulls have the best bench in the league, hands down.

Check out http://www.chibullsblog.blogspot.com for weekly Bulls updates. Preseason Week 1 blog posted today.
Damani

Schaumburg, IL

#48 Oct 13, 2008
Sublime1 wrote:
No Damani, your putting the cart before the horse.
The guys "make everyone better but are not really good at scoring themselves" are far easier to come by compared to the elite player. You know what I mean by elite, right? I know it has been a while since we have actually had one in a Bulls uniform, but I am talking about guys that average around 20+ points and also do something else really good, like, you know, averaging at least 10 or so rebounds per game.
Also, who exactly is Rose supposed to make better. Oh, you mean the other bulls. Yea, well, here is the problem in terms of that. You know you can find some cow crap in a field, bring it inside, throw in some spices and seasoning, and it might taste better than before but it is not going to win you any food competitions.
Another problem with this whole thing is just like before free agents are not going to want to come and join some sucky team. Besides we heard this whole spiel when McGrady was a free agent. How did that turn out for us? What has changed?
Everyone has their opinion about Rose/Beasley!! Bottom line is their are 20pt per game guys on teams that suck!!! Just because you add a guy who can score does not automatically mean the team improves(look at Derrick Coleman, Glenn Robinson, and Bernard King just to name a few)! Can Beasley defend? Would having a guy who takes 15-25 shots a game take away from other players? How would Beasley mesh with other Bulls players?

This franchise reached its peak with the so called core players(Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Duhon, Wallace, and Nocioni). Even though it is not time to totally rebuild, it is time to add a player that this team can truly build around. This team has enough tweeners(Hinrich, Noce, Gordon, Tyrus, Thabo). Rose is a pure point guard. He improves other players by putting them in better positions to score. The Bulls had no one like that. True this team has needed a post player for years but this is also a team that had no one who can create their own shot, get to the bucket, or control tempo. Rose is that player!! Now if we are talking two years ago and choosing between Greg Oden(a pure 7ft center) and Derrick Rose, then I might say Oden!! But I would take a pure point guard(Rose) over a tweener(Beasley) any day!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Gray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Toronto Raptors trade Andrea ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 fabesballin 2
Chairman of the boards? For Bulls, it's Noah (Dec '09) Dec '09 BullsFan-1 1
Chicago Bulls Roster Shaping Up (Aug '09) Aug '09 Webkinz49 1
Chicago Bulls bring back Jannero Pargo (Jul '09) Jul '09 Nada Surf 112
Centers of attention (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mgray 1
Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
Luke Harangody likes his fit with Chicago Bulls (Jun '09) Jun '09 Nada Surf 31
More from around the web