Bulls fall to Mavs in exhibition opener

An announced crowd of 16,440 visited the United Center on Thursday night to see the Bulls debuts of No. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
illinialum

Skokie, IL

#1 Oct 9, 2008
So what's the deal with Gordon's "sore toe". Is this a legit issue or is he just being a punk?

Does he think he's still the 4th quarter phenom everyone had high hopes for and fell in love with 4 years ago? Frankly, he doesn't have the talent to pull a B.S. injury given that he's making $4M this year.
Erin

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#2 Oct 9, 2008
I am excited about the prospect of Darius Washington. I think he played well considering he played only 14 minutes.
Alex

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 9, 2008
Vinnie Boom-Batz del Negro started the circle dribbling clock eater Capt Klank Hinrich....... Klank is not a leader and is too slow to start in the NBA...

Klank will not drive the lane because he is toooooo slow to beat any one off the dribble. Klank is a inconsistent career streak shooter..

Is it possible that the trainee Boom-Batz is dumber than Paxson?????

Starting the kid Washington would have been a better choice than Klank....

Our Bulls will stink up the UC again..
Skiles was smart, getting away from
the dunce Paxson whose player selection stinks..........No_Shot Noah is a big mouth CLOWN
Joe C

Naperville, IL

#4 Oct 9, 2008
I don't understand why they drafted him. Who cares if he's from Chicago. The had the number 1 pick, and they decided to NOT draft the best player in the country, and instead decided to draft the person who wasn't even the best player on his college team. That guy was Chris Douglas Roberts who was available in the second round of the draft. They could have had Beasley AND CDR. Is this a joke? He's not a point guard, he's really an undersized 2-guard with hops. He was the NUMBER 1 PICK IN THE DRAFT and he's not even as good as Steve Francis was in his rookie year. And now all the people who were saying that they had to take Rose, I'm looking at you Silvy and Dave Kaplan, are going to say "Gee, why didn't we take the sure thing in Micahel Beasley, He only average 28 points as a freshman in college!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, YOU CANNOT WIN WITH SMALL SHOOTING GUARDS. That's it. Show me one. and if you say Isiah Thomas, you're wrong because he wasn't just a shooting guard he was a true playmaker. Derrick Rose is not Chris Paul, he's not Deron Williams. He seems like a nice person, but he's not Beasley. There's no excuse on this one.
jim

Japan

#5 Oct 9, 2008
No brainers all over the place. Noah, Derrick, and John.
How did we get into this mess. It could be a result of just getting away from the J.Krause era, but I think we, by committe could and would do a lot better job of drafting and choosing coaches than this crew has done.
Its really a pity. Chicago Bulls owner Jerry R. should demand more on all levels from his team.

Of course, Beasely was a no brainer, until the "rumour" and the "emotional" home-town boy xxxx got started.
Too bad. We sure could use those 28 points of Mr. Beasely, trouble in camp or not.
acw

Berwyn, IL

#6 Oct 10, 2008
Joe C wrote:
I don't understand why they drafted him. Who cares if he's from Chicago. The had the number 1 pick, and they decided to NOT draft the best player in the country, and instead decided to draft the person who wasn't even the best player on his college team. That guy was Chris Douglas Roberts who was available in the second round of the draft. They could have had Beasley AND CDR. Is this a joke? He's not a point guard, he's really an undersized 2-guard with hops. He was the NUMBER 1 PICK IN THE DRAFT and he's not even as good as Steve Francis was in his rookie year. And now all the people who were saying that they had to take Rose, I'm looking at you Silvy and Dave Kaplan, are going to say "Gee, why didn't we take the sure thing in Micahel Beasley, He only average 28 points as a freshman in college!"
I've said it before and I'll say it again, YOU CANNOT WIN WITH SMALL SHOOTING GUARDS. That's it. Show me one. and if you say Isiah Thomas, you're wrong because he wasn't just a shooting guard he was a true playmaker. Derrick Rose is not Chris Paul, he's not Deron Williams. He seems like a nice person, but he's not Beasley. There's no excuse on this one.
I agree that they should have drafted CDR. That was one of the dumbest moves. Hell i would have drafted Bill Walker over anyone in the second round. Your points on Rose are really off base though. I have to disagree with you. A.) How can you draw these "conclusions" on 1 stupid pre-season game? Let the kid get his feet wet. B.) Anyone that has watched basketball the last two years clearly knows that Rose is not a shooting guard. He is a play-maker. He is a legitimate bonafide point guard. He is everything that this team needed.He is not and I repeat not a re-incarnation of Ben Gordon. C.) I predict in 2 years he will be a top-3 point guard in this league. He has as much talent and more athleticism than Williams and Paul did at that respective age. The kid is freakin' 19 years old. Those other guys have three years of seasoning under their belts. Williams was not spectacular his rookie year averaging 10pts and 4 dimes. Paul was much better at 16 and 8. I see Rose falling somewhere in between those numbers this year. He is only going to get better as he progresses. Plus he already may be the quickest guard in the league next to Paul. Let's give the guy two years before we jump to any conclusions. D.) you couldn't draft Beasley bc that means you inhibit Tyrus' development and basically say he is a bust. I am sick of givin' up on big men too early ala Chandler and Brand. Tyrus and Rose will make a tantalizing combo, book it. Plus Beasley is a clown and has huge character concerns (the man got caught tokin' it up w/ some hookers in some hotel). That's what I want the future of the Bulls to be. At least with Rose I am getting a proven winner, with classy work habits.
illinialum

Skokie, IL

#7 Oct 10, 2008
Joe C wrote:
I think we should wait a season before figuring out who was the right pick or if we should've traded down, but CDR? The kid's a problem child.
Gator

Janesville, WI

#8 Oct 10, 2008
acw wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that they should have drafted CDR. That was one of the dumbest moves. Hell i would have drafted Bill Walker over anyone in the second round. Your points on Rose are really off base though. I have to disagree with you. A.) How can you draw these "conclusions" on 1 stupid pre-season game? Let the kid get his feet wet. B.) Anyone that has watched basketball the last two years clearly knows that Rose is not a shooting guard. He is a play-maker. He is a legitimate bonafide point guard. He is everything that this team needed.He is not and I repeat not a re-incarnation of Ben Gordon. C.) I predict in 2 years he will be a top-3 point guard in this league. He has as much talent and more athleticism than Williams and Paul did at that respective age. The kid is freakin' 19 years old. Those other guys have three years of seasoning under their belts. Williams was not spectacular his rookie year averaging 10pts and 4 dimes. Paul was much better at 16 and 8. I see Rose falling somewhere in between those numbers this year. He is only going to get better as he progresses. Plus he already may be the quickest guard in the league next to Paul. Let's give the guy two years before we jump to any conclusions. D.) you couldn't draft Beasley bc that means you inhibit Tyrus' development and basically say he is a bust. I am sick of givin' up on big men too early ala Chandler and Brand. Tyrus and Rose will make a tantalizing combo, book it. Plus Beasley is a clown and has huge character concerns (the man got caught tokin' it up w/ some hookers in some hotel). That's what I want the future of the Bulls to be. At least with Rose I am getting a proven winner, with classy work habits.
Great post! I agree 100%. How can you possible come to any conclusions on a guy who should be a sophomore in college after 1 pre season nba game. If you really think he is gonna be CP or DW out of the gates, your insane. This kid will have great plays followed by stupid ones most of the year if not two. CP and DW didnt really come into their own until year 3. My gosh, give this kid time to grow. I also agree he will be one of the best PG's in the league within a couple years. In vegas practicing against the olympic team they said he might already be the fasted guy in the league with the ball. This is why ppl dont like to play in chicago, you want MJ after 1 game for a 19 yo or you want to boo him out of town. And you guys call yourselfs fans? Your not fans. Wake up and be real fan.
brian

Quezon, Philippines

#9 Oct 10, 2008
Joe C wrote:
you damn men,youre not a fan,you get out of here.
Larry Richton Park

Matteson, IL

#10 Oct 10, 2008
Derreck Rose is going to be good, its just going to take a little time.
florida bear fan

Saint Augustine, FL

#11 Oct 10, 2008
Please Chicago get behind this kid,he`s the only thing this team has.He will be everything you`ll want from a point guard just give him time to get there.One thing he dosen`t need is unfair judgement from fans and media expecting to much in the preseason from a Nba rookie.
Fred

Crystal Lake, IL

#12 Oct 10, 2008
bulls fans will just have to wait for Rose to get frustrated by dribble-dribble-clank heinrich, gunner gordon, "pass, shoot and miss" noseeoni, larry "pass me the ball" hughes...it'll be losing as usual.
SAH

Bradenton, FL

#13 Oct 10, 2008
Chicago fans screamed Mendenhall over Forte. Rose over Beasely. Well, at least management of one team got it right.

Hey Chicago fans, guess what, sports are played outside of Chicago and the Big Ten. Get yourself a dish and college packages and watch the SEC. You'll learn something and be amazed.
Interesting

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 10, 2008
Sounds like Bears pre-season hype. It's pre-season folks. There's plenty of games to be played.
Terrance

Chicago, IL

#15 Oct 10, 2008
Beasley is going to a great talent without a doubt. The problem in drafting him is two fold: 1) He's a knucklehead. He's a young guy so you can't just write him off, but there's a guy in NY that will get you 20 & 10 that nobody in the league wants.

2) This is probably the most important reason is the development of Tyrus Thomas. The big story out of this game should be that it looks like he has been working on his game and now maybe has a decent 15-18 ft. jumper. If he can hit that shot consistently that will open up things a great deal.

You also can count on increased production from all of the Bulls big men. If you watched the game and not just read the article you know that Rose should have had at least 4 more assist but his teamates blew wide open looks.

You read here first Drew Gooden 20 & 10. Tyrus Thomas most improved player of the year.

The Bulls still probably won't make the playoffs though.:(
Gimy

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Oct 10, 2008
well, told ya. 6 TO's...thats 4 off what i said he might get. again, as long as they have heart and hustle...its all good. starting kirk and rose together makes sense, and to me is the best pairing of the guards...which makes BG's poor wittle toe even less of an issue cuz somebody's not going to get any minutes at guard this year. hughes, the highest paid dude(i think), sef...who pax loves. or the guy who doesn't want to be a bull(he said it). pretty simple choice.

give rose till...say, january. he should be showing more signs of why he was #1 by then and less of the TO's. if he's still getting 6 or so TO's by then...we might be in trouble
Lori

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 10, 2008
Hope this is a sign that the Maverick will defeat that one from Chicago in November... No offense to the Bulls, I love 'em.
Mike

Hinesville, GA

#18 Oct 10, 2008
Beasley had 21 points, 7 rebounds, and half of Rose's total turnovers for the Heat yesterday. The Bulls could have used those points.
Susan

United States

#19 Oct 10, 2008
Lori wrote:
Hope this is a sign that the Maverick will defeat that one from Chicago in November... No offense to the Bulls, I love 'em.
Amen to that!
Sublime1

Denver, CO

#20 Oct 10, 2008
Joe C wrote:
Not taking Beasley is going to haunt this franchise for years. It was the most frustrating experience in my life reading about how we had to take Rose on these posts and articles. Everything you said was correct. He was the reach of all reaches. I really have to say that the majority of Bulls fans who encouraged this pick are just as dumb as Pax. But the people that supported this pick should really get their heads out of you know where too. Beasley was and will be a force. He was a man amongst boys in college and as you said Rose was not even the best player on his team. Pax is going to be fired within a year or two for botching this draft.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Gray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Toronto Raptors trade Andrea ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 fabesballin 2
Chairman of the boards? For Bulls, it's Noah (Dec '09) Dec '09 BullsFan-1 1
Chicago Bulls Roster Shaping Up (Aug '09) Aug '09 Webkinz49 1
Chicago Bulls bring back Jannero Pargo (Jul '09) Jul '09 Nada Surf 112
Centers of attention (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mgray 1
Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
Luke Harangody likes his fit with Chicago Bulls (Jun '09) Jun '09 Nada Surf 31
More from around the web