Bulls blown out by Boston

There are 20 comments on the Dec 21, 2007, Chicago Tribune story titled Bulls blown out by Boston. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Paul Pierce scored 15 of his 22 points in the third quarter, going 4-for-4 from three-point range in the third before sitting out the fourth on Friday night as the Boston Celtics pulled away from the Bulls to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marc

United States

#1 Dec 21, 2007
And the beat goes on the Bulls...at least they kept it withing 25...
david wahl

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 21, 2007
This is a STUPID title to an article. You lost to the Celtics....so what. So has everyone else. What does that prove? Nothing. Bad article. Why not write some real commentary like....why the Bulls have stuck with a mediocre talent like Kirk Hinrich. Hinrich's season isn't slipping away....he's been overrated since day one, and it's finally catching up with him. How about writing about that.
2 bolas

Orlando, FL

#3 Dec 21, 2007
WOW! It seems clearer and clearer that this group over-performed the last couple of years, and now they just came back to reality! They suck as bad as the teams during the "crumbs-floyd" era!
ron

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 21, 2007
I bet Fordan and Dang wish they had signed those contracts last summer!
Jason

Broomfield, CO

#5 Dec 22, 2007
Not Done Yet.
fire paxson

Forest Park, IL

#6 Dec 22, 2007
it's about time
Marc

United States

#7 Dec 22, 2007
The Bulls still have a chance at the playoffs..but then what? So yeah, the season is over...time to either blow it all up again or trade a Deng or Gordon or Hinrich FOR SOMETHING...the finger should be clearly pointed at Paxson and Skiles...yeah, the players haven't played well, but Paxson did nothing to address major needs on this team, other than dangle his best players in trade talks to totally screw with them mentally...if this team, as is, isn't hitting at least 50% of their shots each night, it's a lost cause...
Jer

Schaumburg, IL

#8 Dec 22, 2007
who cares about winning when the fans still will come.
Pax sucks

Homewood, IL

#9 Dec 22, 2007
For three years now the bulls have had the same damn needs and all Paxson does is continue to bring in Defensive Big Men??? He traded away everybody from the Krause era and now these are his guys this is his fault!
They suck! Let's say they do go on a roll win a crap load of games make the playoffs who could they beat in the east in a playoff scenario? Not the Pistons. Not the Celtics. Not the Magic.
My preseason prediction was first round outs! I didn't and still don't know what analyst thought this team could make it to the finals as predicted early on when they are so mentally weak? Just look at the enormous collapse against the Pistons and every other year they went to the playoffs ends in ruin. None of their players have any balls except Noce and perhaps Tyrus!
Hey Paxson Make a Freakin Trade!!! This team peaked last year and you did nothing!!! You failed! You could have gotten Zach Randolph Dirt Cheap and you pass why?
Although I take that back don't trade otherwise you would probably give up Tyrus for PJ Brown. Or perhaps all our young guys for some other has been. Oh yeah by the way Ben Wallace blows ass and its your fault because you didn't bring in a scoring PF to play along side.
This just sucks Bulls and the Bears! Sorry but I am pissed off because of these retards we have managing the team.
One and Done

Homewood, IL

#10 Dec 22, 2007
You can't have deng he is a superstar! Yeah right... Cause Deng rocks and Kobe sucks right? Nice who wants to bet bulls don't make any moves this offseason and acquire another Deffensive big :-(

“I comment, therefore, I am!”

Since: Sep 07

Wilmette, IL

#11 Dec 22, 2007
Everybody but Paxson and Skiles knows Hinrich is a bench player. Watching him continue to get big minutes surely must lower the morale and play of others who must watch his inept play. Just sitting him down would provide this team a welcome boost. Whether it would be enough to beat a Boston is doubtful. The talent is just not there.
Florida Jim

Christmas, FL

#12 Dec 22, 2007
The Bulls season is over! We watched the White Sox and the Bear season disintegrate before our eyes and the players on both teams kept saying "there is lots of time left" while we knew the season had died and our hopes with it, in both cases. Like the Sox and the Bears they had no leadership the players made the same mistakes over and over while the coaches excused them. We have seen this scenario often enough to recognize the symtoms early and it is over!
Angry in Indiana

Valparaiso, IN

#13 Dec 22, 2007
When does "staying the course" = the definition of stupidity i.e., doing something the same way and expecting a different outcome? This is why I hate guaranteed contracts.

There needs to be some ritual "firings" of players, or Skiles has to go. If the players aren't feeling they need to prove something this coach, maybe to a new coach. Scott has said things, made promises, etc. that need to be unraveled and maybe he can't now.

When Collins was replaced by Jackson to get the team "over the hump" it was a shock because of the team's success under Collins. Well, the Bulls don't have that facing them this time, they have given up. They just don't play "team" basketball and whatever has caused or contributed to that needs to be extracted.
celtics fan

AOL

#14 Dec 22, 2007
the bulls have to be a big dissapointment...they really didnt compete last nite
perkisabeast

Brookline, MA

#15 Dec 22, 2007
Sam,

The next time you denegrate Kendrick Perkins and the Boston Celtics maybe you shouldn't do it before your team is coming into town. It didn't look like anyone on the terr-bulls was able to contain Perk now did it? You need to do one of the three thrings for penance.

1. Resign your post post haste
2. Shave your lip tickler and get down to the business of reporting on basketball
3. Admit you are powerless against Kendrick Perkins and his beastly ways.

If you do not comply we will beast you for the rest of the season.

Beast out
The Crack Staff

Wilmington, MA

#16 Dec 22, 2007
Sam,
Don't think we won't do it! We'll rain beast slaps down upon your house with such a violent fury, you will have little left to do but seek pennance from your lord and retire.
The Crack Staff @ Perkisabeast.com
Dan Muck Kneel

Orland Park, IL

#17 Dec 22, 2007
This season is on Paxson. He had a chance to deal for Garnett in the off season but committed the cardinal sin of falling in love with his hand picked talent and sitting pat. Their deficiencies were apparent the last few years. Now teams know how to defend and neutralize the bulls and render them ineffective.

The trade value of the team is lowering every week so fixing these problems will cost more than it would have in the off season or at the start of the schedule.

The organization is going nowhere fast. Too bad this organization is saddled with a brain-dead owner who is likely the worst businessman (and I use the term loosely) in the NBA.

I suggest bulls fans stop going to the games until ownsership corrects their talent deficiencies on the roster. Why pump any more money into the moron's coffers until they show a commitment to winning?
jose vasquez

Chicago, IL

#18 Dec 22, 2007
i like the bulls but they need to trade sume players

to put more points on the bord are the season is over

tell that to paxson thats all i have to say.

jose vasquez
jose vasquez

Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 22, 2007
i like the bulls but they need to trade sume players to put more points
on the bord or the season is over
tell that to paxson thats all i have
to say.

jose vasquez
Lou

Elk Grove Village, IL

#20 Dec 22, 2007
I guess Kevin Garnett never heard of the expression, "Act like you've been there". Watching him act like a classless goofball on the sidelines should inspire the Bulls, if nothing else, to clobber him the next time the Bulls face the "Keltics". For a guy who has accomplished absolutely nothing for his entire professional career, he acts like he has six rings. Same goes for the rest of the knuckleheads on the "Keltics". The "Keltics" have been the laughingstock of the NBAfor the last 15 years. Put a few wins under their belt, and now they're struttin'. We'll see what happens as the season progresses and they come back to earth. I see nothing on that team that really impresses me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Gray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Trade Rumors: Toronto Raptors trade Andrea ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 fabesballin 2
News Chairman of the boards? For Bulls, it's Noah (Dec '09) Dec '09 BullsFan-1 1
News Chicago Bulls Roster Shaping Up (Aug '09) Aug '09 Webkinz49 1
News Chicago Bulls bring back Jannero Pargo (Jul '09) Jul '09 Nada Surf 112
News Centers of attention (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mgray 1
News Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
News Luke Harangody likes his fit with Chicago Bulls (Jun '09) Jun '09 Nada Surf 31
More from around the web