Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training camp

The speed that Derrick Rose is associated with on the court contrasts sharply with his laid-back demeanor off it. Full Story
Michael P Coy

Oswego, IL

#1 Sep 30, 2008
It will be interesting who gets the call as starting members in the Backcourt, also how many minutes players get.
The first sign of losing and you will soon have players playing for themselves again. There still is no leader on this team. Gordon is the closest thing due to the fact he is the only one who has, shouldered the team with any success in the past, with some winning results.
They have to still make a deal to clear some room at shooting guard as well as the 3.
Paxson really has been standing still way to long when it comes to making deals and I don't believe he is going to be back next year.
They may slip into playoffs but this roster needs some movement.
Hawk

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Sep 30, 2008
I don't think Paxson is the only GM in the league who ran into difficulty making a deal this summer. Look at Dumars in Detroit-- he really wanted to do something trade-wise, but nobody was out there willing to give back fair value, even for proven veterans. All I am hoping is that some trade opportunity opens up before the season, to get rid of one of the backcourt guys!
Gimy

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Sep 30, 2008
just don't ride a d3mn motorcycle(or a moped, like monta ellis), thats all i have to say. rose seems to be better but for some reason it seems like deja vu like the jay williams thing. little guy...asked to do big things in a position to run the team and restart a franchise with no expectations(not anymore at least). just relax and do your thing DRose...
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#4 Sep 30, 2008
People should realize, to not expect alot from Rose until probably mid-season. He was that way at Memphis. He seems to be the type of guy who respects the older players and doesn't like to appear pushy. However, by season's end at Memphis last year, it was obvious he was the go to player, despite being a freshman. I'd expect the same with the Bulls this year.
airness23

United States

#5 Sep 30, 2008
We gotta get rid of Hinrich. Deal him, deal him, deal him. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but with the direction the Bulls are moving in now, his importance has greatly diminished and we should move him now before his value decreases even more.
1st off, with Rose in the mold, Hinrich has officially been relieved of his "floor general" title. At 6'3 he is no more fit to be the starting 2 guard than Gordon. Sure, he'll play more defense, but is 11.6 ppg anywhere near impressive(or satisfactory for that point) numbers for a starting 2 guard. Some believe that he'll ease the transition for Rose, but when a team drafts you #1 overall, it isn't because they feel you need to be brought along slowly. Sure, Rose will most likely hit bumps in the road, but I'm sure we can find some one who would be a much better "mentor", and ease the load for much less than $11 million a year.
Until recently I couldn't understand Ben Gordon's stance, but now it's much clearer. Gordon definitely fits into the plans much better than Hinrich, so why shouldn't he be paid as much or more than Hirich. I like the way he went about it by not saying "You gave Hinrich a boat load of money, and I'm better than him, so why low-ball me", and just saying he felt that's his worth. Right now, we need to trade Hinrich for a big, meet Gordon at the mid-point on the dollar issues, let Gooden walk after this year, sit on Larry Hughes(who can still be effective) untill his contract expires in 2010, giving us more than enough money to attract one of the big names, all while keeping our core intact. Contenders as soon as Hinrich is gone!!! GO BULLS!!!!!!
acw

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 30, 2008
airness23 wrote:
We gotta get rid of Hinrich. Deal him, deal him, deal him. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but with the direction the Bulls are moving in now, his importance has greatly diminished and we should move him now before his value decreases even more.
1st off, with Rose in the mold, Hinrich has officially been relieved of his "floor general" title. At 6'3 he is no more fit to be the starting 2 guard than Gordon. Sure, he'll play more defense, but is 11.6 ppg anywhere near impressive(or satisfactory for that point) numbers for a starting 2 guard. Some believe that he'll ease the transition for Rose, but when a team drafts you #1 overall, it isn't because they feel you need to be brought along slowly. Sure, Rose will most likely hit bumps in the road, but I'm sure we can find some one who would be a much better "mentor", and ease the load for much less than $11 million a year.
Until recently I couldn't understand Ben Gordon's stance, but now it's much clearer. Gordon definitely fits into the plans much better than Hinrich, so why shouldn't he be paid as much or more than Hirich. I like the way he went about it by not saying "You gave Hinrich a boat load of money, and I'm better than him, so why low-ball me", and just saying he felt that's his worth. Right now, we need to trade Hinrich for a big, meet Gordon at the mid-point on the dollar issues, let Gooden walk after this year, sit on Larry Hughes(who can still be effective) untill his contract expires in 2010, giving us more than enough money to attract one of the big names, all while keeping our core intact. Contenders as soon as Hinrich is gone!!! GO BULLS!!!!!!
I agree w/ u. Package Hinrich for a proven big. Keep Gordon happy bc his shooting prowess along with Rose's penetration could be deadly. Wait for Hughes' and Gooden's contracts to expire and in 2010 we will be sittin' pretty to make a play for Dwayne Wade. Think of that squad! PG-Rose, SG-Wade, SF-Deng, PF-Tyrus (if he develops this year), C-Noah. Bench-Nocioni, Gordon, Thabo, pick up a few big uglies to get some minutes in the front court and we are set. That is a nice nucleus right there. There might be some excitment for Bulls basketball again.
acw

Chicago, IL

#7 Sep 30, 2008
acw wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree w/ u. Package Hinrich for a proven big. Keep Gordon happy bc his shooting prowess along with Rose's penetration could be deadly. Wait for Hughes' and Gooden's contracts to expire and in 2010 we will be sittin' pretty to make a play for Dwayne Wade. Think of that squad! PG-Rose, SG-Wade, SF-Deng, PF-Tyrus (if he develops this year), C-Noah. Bench-Nocioni, Gordon, Thabo, pick up a few big uglies to get some minutes in the front court and we are set. That is a nice nucleus right there. There might be some excitment for Bulls basketball again.
I would have to agree w/ you on all points. D-Wade would be sick on this team. I would also try to target Carlos Boozer this offseason. Then you would have Rose, Wade, Deng, Boozer, Noah as your starting five in 2010!
miranda

Mundelein, IL

#8 Oct 7, 2008
Derrick can do any and everything nothing 2 worry about he is tha best period
Elaine

Memphis, TN

#9 Oct 13, 2008
The best part of Rose is not his talent , it is his great personality. Rose will eventually develop into one of the best point guard in NBA with his outstanding skill and great personality.
Go Rose! Your Tiger fan will pray for you forever.
Bee Atsat

Ballwin, MO

#11 Jun 17, 2009
Maybe Derrick will give us the skinny on the SAT's and how to get into University of Memphis. Possibly give up 30 wins putting out other honest players who got misplaced and didn't advance in the tournament?
Seems like he is not to forthcoming in denial yet, but let's wait for the verdict.
If guilty, Derrick is going to get lose some endorsements for about 18 months and hear some great chants at visiting teams later this year.
But then again, maybe he is totally innocent. Think so?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Gray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Toronto Raptors trade Andrea ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 fabesballin 2
Chairman of the boards? For Bulls, it's Noah (Dec '09) Dec '09 BullsFan-1 1
Chicago Bulls Roster Shaping Up (Aug '09) Aug '09 Webkinz49 1
Chicago Bulls bring back Jannero Pargo (Jul '09) Jul '09 Nada Surf 112
Centers of attention (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mgray 1
Luke Harangody likes his fit with Chicago Bulls (Jun '09) Jun '09 Nada Surf 31
Chicago Bulls get what they expect: No flagrant... (Apr '09) May '09 Nada Surf 270
More from around the web