Luke Harangody likes his fit with Chicago Bulls

Full story: Chicago Tribune

As someone who grew up in Schererville, Ind., attending Bulls playoff games at Chicago Stadium, Luke Harangody soaked up the entire Berto Center experience Wednesday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jaba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 11, 2009
 
Great they are going to keep these picks and lose Gordon? Come on. You got 1 year gambles out there you can trade these pics for and contend.

How about 2 picks and Deng for Mcgrady his contract expires next year and it would be worth the gamble.

What about Stoudamire? for Thomas and Hinrich. I bet that you could even get Shaq who next is going to be last to come off bench.

Starting 5

Rose
Salmons
Mcgrady
Stoudamire
Miller
kpchitownfan

Dupont, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 11, 2009
 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please NO! Do not not take a big body player from the sisters-of-very overrated! Its like taking a QB from the U of Florida, it just doesn't work!
marquette33

Roseland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 11, 2009
 
please say no to shrek
Mad Skills

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 11, 2009
 
It's kind of funny for some guys to say don't take the undersized forward who plays defense, rebounds and have constant energy, but we need to keep the really undersized 2 guard who never plays defense, doesn't rebound and just seems to take plays off. Sure he's the savior.....
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 11, 2009
 
Mad Skills wrote:
It's kind of funny for some guys to say don't take the undersized forward who plays defense, rebounds and have constant energy, but we need to keep the really undersized 2 guard who never plays defense, doesn't rebound and just seems to take plays off. Sure he's the savior.....
Funny how a guy would compare a proven high level NBA scorer to an undersized energy guy who was a good college player, not a great one. We already have an undersized energy forward and at least he can block a few shots.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 11, 2009
 
Harangody can play and he did it against the best college had to offer. Range, a good passer and inside toughness. He'd be a good late first round pickup.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 11, 2009
 
I'll say it again, if the Bulls get a shot to draft DeJuan Blair, i surely hope they take him. The guy's strong as a bull, will end up being a Dennis Rodman type rebounder, but also can be a nice scorer. The guy was only a soph. this season, yet played like an all american. I sure would hate to see the Bulls let him get away, because he's not exactly the right size. Teams which are willing to think outside the box and take a chance, are the teams which come up with winning surprizes.
stone pony

Bedford, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 11, 2009
 
Harangody is NOT an NBA player. He will get eaten alive in the league.
Lifetime Southsider

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 11, 2009
 
jaba wrote:
Great they are going to keep these picks and lose Gordon? Come on. You got 1 year gambles out there you can trade these pics for and contend.
How about 2 picks and Deng for Mcgrady his contract expires next year and it would be worth the gamble.
What about Stoudamire? for Thomas and Hinrich. I bet that you could even get Shaq who next is going to be last to come off bench.
Starting 5
Rose
Salmons
Mcgrady
Stoudamire
Miller
Most sound guy on this board! Bulls do not need ANOTHER diaper to change. They need PROVEN guys.
CircleGetSquare

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 11, 2009
 
jaba wrote:
Great they are going to keep these picks and lose Gordon? Come on. You got 1 year gambles out there you can trade these pics for and contend.
How about 2 picks and Deng for Mcgrady his contract expires next year and it would be worth the gamble.
What about Stoudamire? for Thomas and Hinrich. I bet that you could even get Shaq who next is going to be last to come off bench.
Starting 5
Rose
Salmons
Mcgrady
Stoudamire
Miller
Sure, that is a great starting 5, but who's left on the bench besides Noah? Who's going to play the 3 when McGrady goes down with one of his inevitable 5 injuries during the year? Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see McGrady and especially Stoudamire in Bulls' uniforms, but you need more than 5 to make it work.

Would there be dough left for free agents? Or are we all betting that Linton Johnson III makes his inevitable leap to NBA viability?
saeyhey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 11, 2009
 
Stay at ND Luke! One more year with the Irish can't hurt.
Pacman

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 11, 2009
 
Harangody is a fat, non-athelete.
Lifetime Southsider

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 11, 2009
 
Short version of Big Country Reeves. Bulls don't need any more kids. Trade those picks for VETS.
Believer

Grayslake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 11, 2009
 
Just what the Bulls need...another big, slow white guy.
Puba

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 11, 2009
 
At the very least, Luke Harangody will be immortalized in dozens of NBA posters in the next few years.
Puba

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 11, 2009
 
ATLDre wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how a guy would compare a proven high level NBA scorer to an undersized energy guy who was a good college player, not a great one. We already have an undersized energy forward and at least he can block a few shots.
Have you ever missed a Ben Gordon post?
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 11, 2009
 
Rod from Tennessee wrote:
I'll say it again, if the Bulls get a shot to draft DeJuan Blair, i surely hope they take him. The guy's strong as a bull, will end up being a Dennis Rodman type rebounder, but also can be a nice scorer. The guy was only a soph. this season, yet played like an all american. I sure would hate to see the Bulls let him get away, because he's not exactly the right size. Teams which are willing to think outside the box and take a chance, are the teams which come up with winning surprizes.
Rod come on now. The list of undersized pf who do nothing in the pro's is limitless. Can be a nice scorer? Where? He doesn't have much of an offensive game, isn't much of a leaper and his effective range is limited to 8 feet on a good night. Not worth a first round draft pick. Think of the great Fizer from Iowa State a few years back..I watched a lot of their games as I was a fan of their pg. He is a college player, not a pro talent.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 11, 2009
 
Puba wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever missed a Ben Gordon post?
If I missed one, how would I know?
Puba

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 11, 2009
 
ATLDre wrote:
<quoted text>
If I missed one, how would I know?
Touche!
Red And Black

Country Club Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 11, 2009
 
Please know to both of these bums, Blair is a fat midget with arthritic knees and Harangody is a waste of a Bulls workout, he won't get drafted this year or next... Both of these guys would be a huge waste of a pick... If all Blair does is rebound, but his knees are going south in a hurry, then eventually he would be worth absolutely nothing. Atleast when Brad Miller's body gave up, he could still shoot the jay!!! And comparing these bums to Ben Gordon, is past ignorant...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Aaron Gray Discussions

Search the Aaron Gray Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Toronto Raptors trade Andrea ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 fabesballin 2
Chairman of the boards? For Bulls, it's Noah (Dec '09) Dec '09 BullsFan-1 1
Chicago Bulls Roster Shaping Up (Aug '09) Aug '09 Webkinz49 1
Chicago Bulls bring back Jannero Pargo (Jul '09) Jul '09 Nada Surf 112
Centers of attention (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mgray 1
Derrick Rose nervous about first Bulls training... (Sep '08) Jun '09 Bee Atsat 10
Chicago Bulls get what they expect: No flagrant... (Apr '09) May '09 Nada Surf 270
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••