Yao, Brooks lead Rockets past Knicks

Yao, Brooks lead Rockets past Knicks

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 5, 2008, titled Yao, Brooks lead Rockets past Knicks. In it, Newsday reports that:

Yao Ming scored 30 points, grabbed eight rebounds and dished out six assists and the Houston Rockets won for the fourth time in six games without Tracy McGrady, beating the New York Knicks 103-91 on Saturday ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jimmy The Idiot

Forest Hills, NY

#1 Jan 6, 2008
The bottom line is that this is just not a good team. I don't care that the team is more "athletic" than when Isiah first took over. It is an ill conceived bunch that are just not that good.

The list of how bad it is just goes on and on. Highest payroll, two lottery picks for Curry, etc. Notably, the things Larry Brown said were all correct. Starbury is not a point guard to build a team around. Frye is not as good as people think. Robinson is not a player.

Well, everyone has now knows Starbury only makes teams better when he leaves. Frye is gone, and Robinson racks up his points in garbage time when the loss is already assured. Too bad the Knicks didn't keep Brown and dump Isiah, but what do you expect from an idiot like Dolan who has his job only because of his father.
Mike

Woolrich, PA

#2 Jan 6, 2008
Why does anyone even care
Mike

Woolrich, PA

#3 Jan 6, 2008
Jimmy The Idiot wrote:
The bottom line is that this is just not a good team. I don't care that the team is more "athletic" than when Isiah first took over. It is an ill conceived bunch that are just not that good.
The list of how bad it is just goes on and on. Highest payroll, two lottery picks for Curry, etc. Notably, the things Larry Brown said were all correct. Starbury is not a point guard to build a team around. Frye is not as good as people think. Robinson is not a player.
Well, everyone has now knows Starbury only makes teams better when he leaves. Frye is gone, and Robinson racks up his points in garbage time when the loss is already assured. Too bad the Knicks didn't keep Brown and dump Isiah, but what do you expect from an idiot like Dolan who has his job only because of his father.
Yeah, it is kind of funny that Larry Brown was absolutely correct. I bet he laughs every day, and he should. He got screwed and he was their best chance. At least he had a history of success, what does Isiah have.
average reader

Franklin Lakes, NJ

#4 Jan 6, 2008
IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE THIS AWFUL TEAM WITH BIG CONTRACTS IS SOME BUILDUP TO GETTING LEBRON OR KOBE? FINANCIALLY I MEAN. ANYONE?
Knicks Fan No More

Astoria, NY

#5 Jan 6, 2008
Jimmy The Idiot wrote:
It will only get worse from here. As long as Dolan surrounds himself with incompetents who play to him instead of people of substance who know what they are doing, nothing will change. The irony is that Dolan protects Isiah to no end, but Isiah plays him for a fool with his never ending excuses. The way Isiah plays Dolan like a fine violin, he must have absolutely no respect for the man, but Dolan has everlasting devotion and loyalty to Isiah.

Keep it up Jimmy, the more you stand behind Isiah, the more he makes you look like a fool!!! Remember the " selltheknicks.com " t-shirt of Dolan in a dunce cap? He does nothing but confirm it every day that this fiasco goes on.
Smitty

Marietta, GA

#6 Jan 6, 2008
ISIAH!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Brooks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aaron Brooks returns to Houston (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ginobili 1
News Sacramento Bee writer says Jimmer Fredette shou... (Dec '12) Jan '13 Ginobili 6
News Pathetic Performance In Minnesota Raises Early ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Richie 1
News NBA Players Trapped in China? (Nov '11) Nov '11 Mark 2
News Look for Rockets to try to climb in draft (May '11) May '11 Dwayne 1
News Suns 108, Timberwolves 98: Minnesota loses 12th... (Apr '11) Apr '11 clueless 1
News Recap: Atlanta vs. Houston (Jan '11) Jan '11 Cheap Champion 1
More from around the web